It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Feminist Movement—Ruining The Image Of Men

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I'm not bothering anymore.

Your far too high up on your horse to discuss anything with an ounce of civility or respect.

Believe what you believe.

Can you not find any more "Man is Bad and Women is God" links on Feministing.com?

If you really wanted to be Civil, You should go down to your local VA hospital, and THANK all of the now *BROKEN* and *DISFIGURED* men who place their lives on the line to make sure that you are free to express your opinion.

www.virtualwall.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Women Killed in Service in Vietnam: 68
Men killed in service in Vietnam: 58,236

en.wikipedia.org...

Women Killed in Service in World War 2: 16
Men Killed in Service in World War 2: 318,274

Or perhaps you should thank all of the men who preform all of the Dangerous and Deadly jobs that women will not touch with a 20 foot pole.

www.bls.gov...

Or perhaps you would like to keep complaining about being "Oppressed"

-Edrick

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Edrick]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Not a woman, so I don't really know what your reffering to.

I don't see how the military has anything to do with this conversation either. Keep grasping at straws friend..

~Keeper

[edit on 6/9/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Not a woman, so I don't really know what your reffering to.

Well then, I do apologize if I insinuated that you were a woman in error.

IT was an honest mistake based upon my assumption.

I don't see how the military has anything to do with this conversation either. Keep grasping at straws friend..

Men have been oppressed for Millenia, to protect the women, that you say were "Oppressed".

I find that EXTREMELY relevant.

You know...... that society has viewed the vast majority of men as Expendable cannon fodder, suitable only to protect Women, and the assets of the Elite.

Throwing away the lives of one group of people BECAUSE THEY HAVE A PENIS, seems like oppression to me.

-Edrick

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Edrick]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

When you put it that way I agree.

I just don't agree with your boxed concept of women.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

When you put it that way I agree.

Thank you very much.

I just don't agree with your boxed concept of women.

You are speaking of me Generalizing?

Yes.... that is how statistics are formulated.

I don't like it either when women claim that "Men are pigs", or "Men are destroying the planet", or "All men are rapists", or other such drivel.. and it REALLY pisses me off.

SOME men are polluting the planet.... like the Oil Tycoons, Warmongers, Global Bankers, etc....

And women (and male feminists) will take that to mean that *ALL* men are thusly evil.

(however, women are still buying the gas, banking, and voting for war presidents... just like the men that they attempt to demonize)

Therefore, I respond as such....

Sometimes, the only way to get some people to see reason, is to beat them half to death with their own reflection...

Ya Know?

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

No I wasn't assuming you were done. I was done with you. I did actually say that I was for honest equality which means consequence for all

No I didn't click your links as I am sure many here haven't clicked mine.

Women are equal to men if we let them be. People are waking up to that....deal with it

I am sure you'll used this as fuel and that is fine. Either way welcome to the ignore box. I refuse to drop to your level

Zazz: awesome words

-Kyo

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

No I wasn't assuming you were done. I was done with you.

Well, that's nice.

I did actually say that I was for honest equality which means consequence for all

That's nice too.

Women are equal to men if we let them be.

Nope, I'm afraid that you are wrong.

Gender is a biological division of labor to increase the chances of success of a breeding population.

Just take a look at Animal Courtship rituals.... you will see that there is NO gender equality in the NATURAL world.

Men are better than women at Strength, Endurance, Spatial Awareness, Mathematical ability, Logic, Science, etc, etc, etc...

They have to be, because that is Man's Role.... to be the hunter/gatherer/provider.

Women are better than men at empathy, social skills, and nurturing.

They have to be, because that is Woman's Role.... to be the caretaker of Offspring, and the nurturer of children.

Men and Women are NOT Equal.

People are waking up to that....deal with it

Wrong again, I'm afraid...

The "Equality" crap was peddled before the western world with the help of mass media, the CIA/Rockefeller funded "Women's Lib Movement" (Ironic that women needed men's help to become Liberated, no?)

People are waking up to the fact that this "Feminist Movement" (Why not the Equality movement?) is designed to destabilize the REAL power of society... the Family, to deliver the nation into the waiting hands of the Financial Oligarchs.... By pitting Men Against women, and demonizing Men to the point where Men must *SUBMIT* to the women's sense of "Superiority" in order to reproduce.

"Yeah baby... men and women are TOTALLY EQUAL.... lets go on a date!"

I am sure you'll used this as fuel and that is fine.

Thank You!

Either way welcome to the ignore box.

MMMMmmmmm Cozy.

I refuse to drop to your level

Ordinarily.... Things don't Drop, Upward... do they?

P.S. If someone could relay a message to KyoZero for me... I think his signature is misspelled (I could be wrong)

"Well that's Ood..." - Rose Tyler

Ood?

Good maybe?

Odd, perhaps?

I don't know what Ood means.... I don't think it is a word....

Anyways.... semantics.

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Identity crisis are everywhere and I honestly think it's the End.

Seriously.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by AProphet1233]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Ahh so nice to see that my only value is my womb and my reproductive abilities....
And thank you for hunting all that Elk to provide for us

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

WHAT I SAID:

Women are better than men at empathy, social skills, and nurturing.

They have to be, because that is Woman's Role.... to be the caretaker of Offspring, and the nurturer of children.

WHAT YOU HEARD:

Ahh so nice to see that my only value is my womb and my reproductive abilities....

I clearly Mentioned Social Ability also...

So.... Try Again Please.

And thank you for hunting all that Elk to provide for us

You are quite Welcome!

They are some tough beasts to take down, but me and the boys whittled some sticks to sharp points and were able to kill the animal without too many injuries.

We bring the Carcass of this great beast back to camp to provide for you and the children, because we care so much.

Thanks for taking care of the Kids and tending to camp while we were busy fighting against nature to get something to eat.

We WOULD take care of the children, but we are not biologically equipped to feed them the nutrient rich milk they need in their earlier years....

And you women seem to like spending time with the children.

They seem to be picking up our language rather quickly, thanks to their proximity to your ongoing social circles, and their self esteem is forming quite nicely because of all the attention that you smother them with.

So, anyways... there is this BIG group of Elk that will provide food for our tribe for many months, and since we were away from camp tracking them, we happened to see which direction they were headed.

So, In order to survive the next winter, we need to pick up camp and track the herd to their new grazing area.

I know that you have become somewhat attached to our current settlement, and don't want to move right now... but the logistics of the situation demand that we relocate closer to the food supply... So the matter is settled.

Also, there is another tribe that has threatened our tribe with death, so we will have to be prepared to defend ourselves against them, lest they slaughter our children for the purposes of impregnating you with THEIR children.

So..... Ya Know......

-Edrick

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Edrick]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
what is female
what is male

what is femininity
what is masculinity

what is feminism
what s schovinism

to me its pretty simple , you cant have one without the other
but gender oppression is always oppression no matter if you have a weewee or bowling ally.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I don't think it's the Feminist movement that has turned so many men into metro, emo, homosexual etc.. I believe it is the Homosexual movement. Followed by the Media, entertainment, Hollywood institutions that force homosexuality on youth, especially teenagers, and declare it a good thing. Just a few short years ago being called gay was a bad thing, and being homosexual meant you were a social outcast. Now it's the cool thing to do. I don't have a problem with gays, you do what you want to do, but I cannot pretend there isn't a conversion movement going on.

The next bit would be the economy. It's estimated some 80% of all jobs lost in the recession were male jobs. Many men are sitting at home with nothing to do .. cleaning the house, taking care of kids, while their woman works and brings home the pay check. In fact female oriented jobs in clerical, retail, government bureaucrat jobs and nursing are expanding at a solid rate.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

I would like to respond to you if that's alrgiht. Let me be clear i believe in equality, however it must be absolute equality. This means both sexes being tested under the same conditions. The idea that the sexes are completely equal in all tasks is wrong and easily disproven by science. This is not to say one sex is better than the other as a whole, nor does it mean either sex should be forced into jobs they don't want to do. However the way modern feminism is applied is very sexist towards men. Let me give you some examples. Before i give them please remember these are all generalizations, justified by scientific research but there are always exceptions to the rule.

Lets start with the basics. Men are stronger, faster and fitter than women. This is simply because of evolution, we have a biological advantage. When applied to stuff like the armed forces the differences are clear and the application of feminism is disgusting. If a man runs a course he must do it within a certain time, when a woman runs the same course she is often given more time and !equalizing measures" such as step stools to get over walls.

If you cannot perform the same task, within the same time constraints then you are not equal.

Women also have advantages, for example women have a far superior ability to process language. Walk into any university language department and you will often find yourself outnumbered by women. Brain scans of women and men have shown women have a biological advantage regarding all areas of language and yet boys and girls are given the same amount of time in exams. Surely if we must accept the equalizing measures of the armed forces then boys should be given extra time in language exams. Or maybe we should accept we are not equal in certain areas.

Men have a better ability to process spatial problems which is often why you see more male physicists and engineers. Now someone may snap back here about girls performing better in exams than boys but that raises another very big issue. In fact it may be one of the biggest issues in education.

The exam system has changed, at least in the UK. It has moved away from single, applied tests and more into course work. As one psychologist put it, exams now reward diligence rather than pure applied intelligence. Course work is much better suited toward the female brain (hence the better test scores) while the male brain is better suited toward single tests. This is actually why i support seperate schools for boys and girls.

Men and women should get paid the same, bonuses should be based on performance but lets not ignore the science that says men and women, generally speaking will excel in different areas.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

being a home dad from more then 7 years and having a mate whos a welder all i can say is that a job is a job and responsibility is responsibility , it has nothing to do with gender.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

What annoys me more about your responce is your complete and utter denial that, in the past, women have been oppressed.

Depends upon what you mean by Oppressed, don't it?

Just for you, here is the definition:
1. To keep down by severe and unjust use of force or authority: a people who were oppressed by tyranny.
2. To weigh heavily on: Poverty oppresses the spirit.
3. Obsolete To overwhelm or crush.
My post explains how women have been oppressed.

It was only 50 years ago a woman in the UK could NOT have a morgage. Why? because she was female.

It was only *THROUGHOUT THE HISTORY OF HUMANITY* that women were spared the horrors of forced conscription. Why? Because they are female.

This is a childish argument, like saying men no nothing of pain because they havent given birth. It was men that made the laws of FORCED conscription. Your saying it was RIGHT and JUST to deny women morgages because she couldnt fight in a war? What did you think women did when all the men were sent abroad?

In a time before that, a woman could NOT own land.

In a time before that, women did not defend their homes, did they?

Because they didnt "defend" their homes, they shouldnt be allowed to own one? Why is that? in the 18th century england, what would a woman have to protect her home from?

She could not vote and thus, governments catered for men's needs, for example making the laws that forbid women having a morgage!

Voting on what?
Our Government? You do know that the government is created primarily for the purpose of mutual self defense... right?
Like, the *ARMY*, you know...
If the women did not have to Fight in the army, like men did, then why should they get to make the decisions REGARDING that army?
You can't eat your cake, and have it too.

Governments are in place for mutual self defence but they are also in place to make laws that govern the land. Laws that say, you CAN beat your wife so long as the stick you use is no bigger then your thumb. Laws that say having sex with your wife, even if she does NOT consent is NOT classed as rape. (These are actual laws from 18th century england btw)

She could not vote and thus, governments catered for men's needs

Explain to me how Mutual self defense is not in the interest of women.

It is in the interest of women, but mutual self defence protects EVERYONE. Governments as ive already said were responcible for other laws which controlled womens rights.

Its not secret that women are still paid less today.

IT *IS* however, a secret that women *WORK LESS* than men.

Evidence? And i want an actual link to to your stats PROVING what you say.

You claim its because "Women do less" The fact of the matter is, it depends on the person.

Yes, it does... and the fact is, that women, on average, CHOOSE TO DO LESS.

Again, evidence lol. Your statment is biased.

There are lazy men, there are lazy women, there are people who just have a drive to work work work. Regardless of sex, everyone should be paid equally, anything different to that is sexist.

So, you are saying that a cashier should make the same as the president of the united states?
Or perhaps that a part time employee should make the same as a full time employee?
Or maybe that someone who has been with a certain company for only a few months should make the same as someone who has been working for that same company for decades?

Are you serious?

No. What i meant was two people, doing the same job. For example, two people working an office job. They do the same tasks, have the same workload work the same number of hours - Why should one of them be paid more because they have a penis? Its backwards thinking.

What ive listed above is only a few reasons why the feminist movement was NEEDED.

Needed by whom?

By woman, obviously.

Your making out as if women have had it easy over the past few centurys when the truth is, they have been neglected.

Let's see..... they didn't have to work, to support their family (housework is not the same as working at a job, and don't tell me any different, because you would be wrong.)

Yeah, houseworks a walk in the park and twice as fun /end sarcasm.

Publishers wouldnt even publish books by women because they believed them to be idiots who belonged in the home doing homely things.

Oh, yeah... private publishing companies reflect the entirety of human culture, don't they?

Not being able to be published because your a women shows how little they thought of womans intelligence.

Take a look at the Bronte sisters, all of them successful writers, but look how long it took them to get published? All because they didnt have a penis?

Take a look at child custody cases....
www.census.gov...
Women gain SOLE custody in most all cases, all because they don't have a penis.

I agree, judges should be less biased.

Parts of the world still use women as a type of property, just as the western world once did.

Did you hear about Mel Gibsons Recent Divorce?
Yeah... he had to pay his ex over 500 million dollars.
Explain what she did to earn that... and if you think "Homekeeping" is a 500 million dollar job, then you are a fool.

Gibson never heard of a prenup? Guy got screwed, just like women did for centurys. Heather mills is another example, yeah, those women are #ed up, i dont agree with what they did.

(Continued)

[edit on 10-6-2010 by SearchLightsInc]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Another good example of this Feminism rubbish is right here on ATS with this "conspiracy chicks" thats recently popped up. We know theres females who are on the board and to my knowledge theres been no segregation about it. So why the sudden insult to our intelligence that females can all of a sudden have a interest in what we do also?

Were not stupid, how about setting up a "conspiracy men" if ATS wants equalism aswell, or doesn't that quite fit in with the "girl-power" movement.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

The father walking his daughter down the isle represents the passing of ones property to another, no wonder feminists demonized marrige.

Let me ask you a BETTER QUESTION.... why didn't any of the NUMEROUS female leaders of the past CHANGE THIS?
Blaming everything on men is quite transparent, and puerile.

Its pretty hard to whipe a religious system that has existed for 2000 years off the face of the earth because of a social movement. You also forget, Marrige was STILL status at that time, and some extent, still is today.

Perhaps you should take another look at history before you start ranting about how women have had it easy.
your entire post is nothing but ignorance to the facts.

I'm not the one who is agreeing with the Current Popular Opinions of the talking heads on television, am I?
Feminism is a STATE SPONSORED TACTIC designed to destroy the Western world, by eroding its culture.
-Edrick

I rarely watch television, cant stand the adverts and the biased opinions. Is it such a hard concept to think that i *Might* Have actually browsed the subject? *Might* actually be telling of the experience of my gradmother who was thrown out of her house with her 4 children because my grandad died and she was not allowed to have a morgage despite the fact she was a nurse?
I dont do popular opinion, i do the truth. I like using my head, i like reading history. I like forming opinions instead of having someone tell me whats going on.

The truth is, i pity you. I dont understand how someone can be so ignorant, to the point in which you even defend the system on the backdrop that it was wrong.
I'm glad feminism succeded, if it didnt, there would still be boys like you throwing up your retarded garbage on why women should be treated like second class citizens.
Take your ass to an islamic country, they'd love a guy like you.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

lol, the most sensible post in this thread. Why all that fuss about conspiracy chicks, who cares if they are females on this board discussing on these subjects.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

actually, it might be all that nice pollution and toxins that we are attacked with everyday through just about everything we come into contact with.....
but, na....can't be that...that would be just so, oh I don't know.....distasterous to our economy to admit!!!

speaking of economy.....
ummm.....
take a look at how it's been run that past, oh, I don't know thirty or so years, expecially in those more liberal states...
Me and my husband raised our kids in one of those liberal states, and let me tell ya, the gov't offered a nice reward if I would only kick him out of the house!!! for some one who suffered from bad teeth a very long time, someone who went through hell just trying to find a doctor who would fix a broken ankle without asking for a huge downpayment, someone who went a very long time wonder if those scars in my bronchial tubes were developing into cancer like the doctor had told her....got to tell ya something!!! that free healthcare was a very tempting offer!!! I've let alot of health problems go throughout the past couple decades, simply because I knew my family couldn't asborb the cost! lived in substandard housing, because the cost of the better rental property (ya know, the ones that hud would be willing to subsidzed) was too much....heck at one time I had all the paperwork (still do buried in some box in this house) that would prove, my family didn't have the resources coming in to provide for the standard of living that was being freely handed out.

instead of blaming the faminists, blaming the media, blaming the men, or blaming the women....
please...
take a look at what your gov't has been doing!!
a good number of those deadbeat dads, are not deadbeats....
the money that was taken out of their checks, well, it just go lost in the shuffle somewhere along the line.....wouldn't surprise me to find out that it ended up in some black ops project funding somewhere!
it's the power's that be that want the gender war! they don't want the strong families, they don't want the strong society....the more out of control things are, the more control they can take!!
remember, originally, the feminists worked hard to give equality and freedom to MEN!! the slaves of this country.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
One point my brilliant husband just made (we usually discuss the threads I'm participating in.
) that might be important for the OP's daughter to consider: Women were and ARE oppressed. It's true. But not all men are oppressors. And treating all men as oppressors is bigotry, pure and simple. Some men (like my husband and many others) are allies.

Originally posted by KyoZero
Women are equal to men if we let them be.

I think what really threatens some men is that women are equal to men, whether men "let" them be or not.

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
If you cannot perform the same task, within the same time constraints then you are not equal.

When I say that men and women are "equal", I don't mean that they are the same. I mean that they are equal in value, equal under the law, equally intelligent, etc. Of course, generally, men are bigger and women can reproduce, their genitals are different and generally, they have different physical and mental abilities and preferences. So, in the areas that define their gender, they are different, but they are also equal, not the same.

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Just a few short years ago being called gay was a bad thing, and being homosexual meant you were a social outcast. Now it's the cool thing to do.

There is no "Conversion movement" going on, Rockpuck. What you're seeing is a group of people who have been oppressed celebrating that they are finally "coming out of the closet"; that being gay is no longer considered to be a "bad thing"; that they don't have to be social outcasts, like you said. It's only the beginning of this change, so get ready for gay people stepping up and becoming regular members of society. They're not trying to convert anyone any more than feminism was meant to "convert" people into being women. Gay people are, in the most literal sense, "coming out", being more vocal, making strides in their equal treatment and celebrating the freedom they've never had to be who they are. You can either get used to it or continue to think they're after your children, wanting to give them "the gay". But that's a bit of a paranoid stance, IMO.

The same with the Conspiracy Chicks. For many years, conspiracy was thought to be mostly a man's interest. Now that more and more women are finding it interesting, they are "coming out", saying, "Hey! Women like conspiracy, too"! Some men are uncomfortable with this. And I believe it has to do with the fact that they don't realize that up until now, it has been the Conspiracy Dudes show. It's the default. It wasn't called "Conspiracy Dudes", it was just assumed conspiracy people were men. I don't know HOW many times people on this board have called me buddy, pal, sir, etc. How many times have the men in this thread been called maam, girly, or some other feminine moniker?

Absolutely GREAT posts nixie_nox!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join