It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Feminist Movement—Ruining The Image Of Men

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Feminism is not a dirty word.

The revolution of women's rights is the single largest revolution in human history, all done without firing of a bullet.......

Being "lady like" is a learned behaviour.
Being "masculine" is a learned behaviour.

Both are roles that can be difficult for either gender to live up to ...we kinda set our boys and girls up for failure because they cant live up to being the "real man" or the "real lady"

We have physical difference but the roles we are taught to play are simply a form of mind slavery.

Women have been sold, raped, beaten and oppressed for millennia, and now that we have to work so governments get more tax, and the federal reserves makes more money from us....we are doing the wrong thing by men?

I am not defined by my organs, nor my physical attributes, I am zazz.
A amazon female, that wont let any society rules tell me who I should be in order to keep men in power.

The Islamic countries of the world pretty much treat women how with how we were treated until 50 years ago where you live today.

I'm taking back the word feminism, and I wear it proudly for my sisters from days gone, who took liberty without having to fight wars and kill men and children...a lesson that can be learned by all men methinks....

If men cant cope with a woman's inner strength and sense of self knowing, that is their problem, and not the problem of 'feminism' a ideal that reached out across the globe and gave a people freedom.

This all comes from a lass who likes to wear lipgloss, loves kids and men. To all of you who fear womens' natural right to liberty, don't reach out to a "bogeyman" and blame a concept for your own failings or self doubts.

EDIT to add: Don't mistake whole genders for individual peoples short comings...that goes for both males and females.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
The Feminist Movement—Ruining The Image Of Men

It seems that today’s feminism is all about reducing the male gender to nothing. Continually pushing an agenda that seeks to demonize and put down the male perspective in favor of that of women.

I have seen this happen first hand in the media, court systems (primarily family court) and in societal settings in general. It seems in this day and age the women are the rulers and we are the slaves.

“Metro Sexual” as the defining label to this new bread of men.

I call today’s “Woman’s World”.

Thoughts ATS?

As far as the "feminine" man, or the "metrosexual", I will take the protector or the lumberjack over a feminine man anyday.
Sensitive is good, but being a bit of a tomboy type all my life, I cringe at the idea of some guy worrying about his nails, or his hair. How can you even go camping or fishing with that type? Guys can be both sensitive and tough at the same time. I have been lucky to know many like that.

Wow. OK first some Abilify people. Next some Zoloft.
OK where is the woman's world cuz after years I'm back to $11.00 per hour while a guy who does nothing in my office gets more. And I do his work. Yea, I'm really killing him arent I?
Also, Tothetenthpower, who does your laundry, cooks, cleans and makes you smile? A Metrosexual? Ha, learn terms. It was originally for guys who liked the dressy look but were not gay. It was FASHION not a sexual movement. FEAR BASED MALES can't handle that so they made it just as bad a word as LIBERAL.
Your problem, friend is too much fear in your diet. No woman is taking away your masculinity unless you are giving it away at auction. But I feel ya as one of the "Chris Rock Guys" of the world who wants their woman to be home cooking, cleaning and serving his every need while all she needs is toilet paper. Well, since TPTB have been building and destroying the economy, good luck with that one.
Not only that, but main stream media is showing who doing what? I see men beating women, raping them, brutality at every turn imaginable. Where are women doing this to men? Please point it out. I want pictures!
Otherwise, way too general. I understand you may feel that way, but toughen up buddy. You only have to be what you have the courage to be on this rock.
Say La!
edit: Forgot to add that my nephew won custody over his nasty ex wife and my niece lost custody to her ex who is a drug dealer that just got out of jail for armed robbery and will have to go back.
Please check facts, not feelings.
Adieu!

[edit on 9-6-2010 by DaWhiz]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
Feminism is not a dirty word.

The revolution of women's rights is the single largest revolution in human history, all done without firing of a bullet.......

The Islamic countries of the world pretty much treat women how with how we were treated until 50 years ago where you live today.

I'm taking back the word feminism, and I wear it proudly for my sisters from days gone, who took liberty without having to fight wars and kill men and children...a lesson that can be learned by all men methinks....

If men cant cope with a woman's inner strength and sense of self knowing, that is their problem, and not the problem of 'feminism' a ideal that reached out across the globe and gave a people freedom.

EDIT to add: Don't mistake whole genders for individual peoples short comings...that goes for both males and females.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by zazzafrazz]

OMG you hit the head with the hammer and I compliment you. Fab!
I'm taking it back as well and my mentor's hat as well. Let's be ladies who lunch! www.cnn.com...
Cheer! Stars, Flags and all you need

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
SearchLightsInc, I wouldn't even bother to try and talk sense to him

+1 to your post though.

Peck420, If you think it's a big conspiracy that statistically men are more likely to commit crime than women there is no amount of looking at stats that is going to change your mind is there? If men are in the seats of power why would they want to demonize their own gender by misreporting it? Is it a feminist conspiracy? No stats will ever hold true to you if you just outright don't want to believe it. I thought it was common knowledge that men commit more crime than women, I'm kinda in awe that you want to deny it as something that only happens across the pond from you. (By the way my questions were rhetorical, please don't answer them) I'm done with this thread before my head explodes.

(Just read your post Zazza, +1)

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Mesdoline]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DaWhiz

I agree on some points..

Who makes my supper?

Actually he's a very handsome Korean man whome I call my husband.

No that doesn't mean I hate women cause I'm gay and being that way has nothing to do with my feelings about feminism.

I was trying to convey something, obviously I failed but the conversation taking place here was definetly worth it.

I wrote the thread in response to my daughter's change of attitude as of late, but I already discussed it in a previous page.

Thanks for you input

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Yea, wanting a guy who can read a book and take a shower and maybe having a private cry over his screwed up parents is such a horrid thing.

Actually, here is a perfect example on how the metro sexual has greatly helped society:

Because men are not as encouraged to suck it up and pretend nothing is wrong, the amount of men seeking help for ailments and mental health in the miliatary has sky rocketed.

Because of that, the medical community has found a a perfect population to do pain and chronic pain and injury studies.

You have a population that is getting examined and is healthy before going in, and unfortunately some sustain injuries. Lets face it, you can get hurt playing with tanks.

But because men are allowed to express themselves more, and actually allowed to say: ow my elbow hurts without repercussion, this information has been found to be priceless in studies, the study of long term chronic conditions. It has greatly advanced the study of ptsd, and brain injuries. It also has increased the studies of in house assualts between soldiers.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Gay or not your still a male and women are still subtely oppressed in this country. While this country has made great strides and exceeds plenty of others, it doesn't mean all things are created equal.

I have experienced plenty of discrimination for being female, and being pregnant. And I don't think men are concious of their actions either. A lot of it is nurture.

I had a great boss, but I still had to have ideas passed along through a male coworker in order to get them passed.

What you may see as emasculation I actually see as an advancement for men.

A couple of decades ago, you would not be able to admit your relationship so freely. Do you consider that a burden?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Gay or not your still a male and women are still subtely oppressed in this country. While this country has made great strides and exceeds plenty of others, it doesn't mean all things are created equal.

I have experienced plenty of discrimination for being female, and being pregnant. And I don't think men are concious of their actions either. A lot of it is nurture.

I had a great boss, but I still had to have ideas passed along through a male coworker in order to get them passed.

What you may see as emasculation I actually see as an advancement for men.

A couple of decades ago, you would not be able to admit your relationship so freely. Do you consider that a burden?

I'm not in disagreement with what you've said. To tell you the truth I may have been a bit ignorant on the subject I felt so strongly about, this thread has provided me with A LOT of insight.

I thank you fine ladies for making me see your side of the argument.

Your right, a couple of decades ago, (sheesh i'm old) I was engaged to a women.

Personally, I don't feel emasculated by women, I was raised by my single mother and 6 sisters and had a very "girly" upbringing.

This whole thread, as stated was in response to my fears about my daughter being brainwashed by some hack, man hating feminist professor at her university.

I've since realized she won't be influenced so easily and I am just overreacting as a parent.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

*smiles* it just seems to me your going through the normal rigors of a parent who sent their child off to college and had them come back with some astounding ideas. Whether it be feminsism, treehugging, or saving starving children in Africa.

Your daughter is finding her way. As many of the sons are too.

But also remember that you are a part of a sect of society, and you don't get to appreciate it on all levels.

There are groups out there where men are kinda weany. And there are others where they are still womanizing, drunk lumberjacks.

I deal with a sect of society where women will make up any lie to keep you from finding their baby daddy, because of whatever horrors he committed, Even lying that they were artificially inseminated. To protect themselves and their children and keep the guy out of their lives.

What you are witnessing is a change in society. Things change and are never the same again. There was a time in Sparta I believe where babies who were not perfect were let on a hillside to die. We have come along way from that. THANK GOD. This is just another step in evolution from the physical to the spiritual. Whether a man wears a flannel or a nice clean pressed shirt, it is a just a change in society, and imo for the better.

A great example is the rise of the geek. Who is more powerful right now, Steve Jobs or Michael Jordan? I would put my money on the man who is changing the world, Steve Jobs. There are always great athletes. History is full of them. But not many people who change technology forever.

Now all that being said. I do believe that feminism did hurt women a little. We are told we have to be successful in careers. I do believe that there are male and female roles. Can they be reversed? sure. But a woman who chooses to stay at home has more choice then a woman who has to work.
I am a mother who HAS to work. ANd I hate it. I would rather be a stay at home mom. ANd I think it is perfectly natural.

I have also met stay at home dads. And they are great.

In a nutshell, whatever a role may be, as long as it is by choice, is all that matters.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Well being in a same sex relationship, we kinda needed to almost apply gender roles to ourselves in order for things to run smoothly.

My husband is a stay at home dad, he's a pediatrician but has his practice at the house so he can see patients and still watch the kids.

I work a regular 9-5 at my business, I come home and do the cooking and the cleaning and he's more of the "mom" type.

Our kids refer to me as Dad and him as Daddy, which I always tease him, they might as well call him Mommy.

But it revererses itself in the strangest of ways sometimes, so I don't think we have static roles, I think we just kind of parented based on who was most comfortable dealing with whatever issue arose.

I could certainly see how frustrating it would be to work with men who look down upon you, or to have your ideas passed through men in order to have them heard.

I employ a little over 1000 people and most of my higher management are women actually. My secretary is a guy, so I've kind of reversed that at my place of work.

I however based everything, the positions, the salary, on the skills of the employees, I higher gender blind and color blind because it's the only moral thing to do.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I got my chance to do what I wanted from an employer like you.

The boss liked 'having a female in the factory'. Keeps the boys under control.

I'm a Cabinet Maker/Joiner, 38 yo female.

Ok, it isn't for every female to be in construction, but it is for me, and I am glad I had the opportunity to do what I love.

MM

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mesdoline
SearchLightsInc, I wouldn't even bother to try and talk sense to him

+1 to your post though.

Peck420, If you think it's a big conspiracy that statistically men are more likely to commit crime than women there is no amount of looking at stats that is going to change your mind is there? If men are in the seats of power why would they want to demonize their own gender by misreporting it? Is it a feminist conspiracy? No stats will ever hold true to you if you just outright don't want to believe it. I thought it was common knowledge that men commit more crime than women, I'm kinda in awe that you want to deny it as something that only happens across the pond from you. (By the way my questions were rhetorical, please don't answer them) I'm done with this thread before my head explodes.

(Just read your post Zazza, +1)

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Mesdoline]

-1 to Miss Mesdoline

As I woman that has served time for murder one, rape, class A drug dealing and GBH with intent, I must side with the OP.

I received a "slap on the wrist" for 27 offences relating to my meth manufacture/use prior to my string of drug related violence and sexual crimes.

Therefore, you are talking a load of *SNIP* Woops prison didn't work....

[edit on 9-6-2010 by alien]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I think I see where you are coming from. You have the benefits of being in a situation where it all trancends normal boundaries. So therefore you are able to raise your expectations above those boundaries. Even your relationship far exceeds and is balanced. ANd I applaud you. That is fantastic.

So it might seem strange to you that your daughter is learning about situations that simply don't. Many people still fill traditional roles and behaviors. And we have to be weary of them. But they are there. And plenty of people are still in the dark ages.

And you might be a little worried that the movement that tried to get people out of the dark ages may keep your daughet there as well.

But it is also kind of a normal progression for a female in this day and age. You have to see the extreme, before you can find the normal.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

What annoys me more about your responce is your complete and utter denial that, in the past, women have been oppressed.

Depends upon what you mean by Oppressed, don't it?

It was only 50 years ago a woman in the UK could NOT have a morgage. Why? because she was female.

It was only *THROUGHOUT THE HISTORY OF HUMANITY* that women were spared the horrors of forced conscription. Why? Because they are female.

In a time before that, a woman could NOT own land.

In a time before that, women did not defend their homes, did they?

She could not vote and thus, governments catered for men's needs, for example making the laws that forbid women having a morgage!

Voting on what?

Our Government?

You do know that the government is created primarily for the purpose of mutual self defense... right?

Like, the *ARMY*, you know...

If the women did not have to Fight in the army, like men did, then why should they get to make the decisions REGARDING that army?

You can't eat your cake, and have it too.

She could not vote and thus, governments catered for men's needs

Explain to me how Mutual self defense is not in the interest of women.

Its not secret that women are still paid less today.

IT *IS* however, a secret that women *WORK LESS* than men.

You claim its because "Women do less" The fact of the matter is, it depends on the person.

Yes, it does... and the fact is, that women, on average, CHOOSE TO DO LESS.

There are lazy men, there are lazy women, there are people who just have a drive to work work work. Regardless of sex, everyone should be paid equally, anything different to that is sexist.

So, you are saying that a cashier should make the same as the president of the united states?

Or perhaps that a part time employee should make the same as a full time employee?

Or maybe that someone who has been with a certain company for only a few months should make the same as someone who has been working for that same company for decades?

Are you serious?

What ive listed above is only a few reasons why the feminist movement was NEEDED.

Needed by whom?

Your making out as if women have had it easy over the past few centurys when the truth is, they have been neglected.

Let's see..... they didn't have to work, to support their family (housework is not the same as working at a job, and don't tell me any different, because you would be wrong.)

Publishers wouldnt even publish books by women because they believed them to be idiots who belonged in the home doing homely things.

Oh, yeah... private publishing companies reflect the entirety of human culture, don't they?

Take a look at the Bronte sisters, all of them successful writers, but look how long it took them to get published? All because they didnt have a penis?

Take a look at child custody cases....

www.census.gov...

Women gain SOLE custody in most all cases, all because they don't have a penis.

Parts of the world still use women as a type of property, just as the western world once did.

Did you hear about Mel Gibsons Recent Divorce?

Yeah... he had to pay his ex over 500 million dollars.

Explain what she did to earn that... and if you think "Homekeeping" is a 500 million dollar job, then you are a fool.

The father walking his daughter down the isle represents the passing of ones property to another, no wonder feminists demonized marrige.

Let me ask you a BETTER QUESTION.... why didn't any of the NUMEROUS female leaders of the past CHANGE THIS?

Blaming everything on men is quite transparent, and puerile.

Perhaps you should take another look at history before you start ranting about how women have had it easy.
your entire post is nothing but ignorance to the facts.

I'm not the one who is agreeing with the Current Popular Opinions of the talking heads on television, am I?

Feminism is a STATE SPONSORED TACTIC designed to destroy the Western world, by eroding its culture.

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Agreed, I guess I do have to let her go all wild in her thinking for her to understand what balance is.

I guess we always gave her what we considered to be the "right" answer, while trying to keep her away from the fringe ones.

She did also come home with 3 tatoos she didn't have before...my husband was pretty mad, but I have a full sleeve so I was kind of happy she was experiencing some alternatives to the rossie upbringing she had.

And I do enjoy that our relationship is boudryless and changes from day to day as we adapt in a world where we are still largely oppressed as well.

You should see the looks I get at PTA meetings such, you'd think I was a leper.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Let's see..... they didn't have to work, to support their family (housework is not the same as working at a job, and don't tell me any different, because you would be wrong.)

No, you would be wrong..

What's a mom worth?

According to one report, $138,095 a year.

That's the figure in a study put out by Salary.com, which calculates the wages that would have been paid a stay-at-home mom in 2007 if she were compensated for all the elements of her "job." That total was up 3% from 2006's salary of $134,121.

Source

That isn't the only one, there are hundreds of these.

Dont' be so ignorant to say that a stay at home mom doesn't work as hard as you do at whatever it is you do my friend.

ETA: Removed snarky ending...

~Keeper

[edit on 6/9/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

wooo...angry one aren't you? I said that I am not exactly sure but the point was oppression has existed in the past on women. I cannot fathom how you could deny it happened, I really can't.

That is why you are wrong.... if you will notice the title of this thread is: "The Feminist Movement—Ruining The Image Of Men"

Therefore, you are.... what's the opposite of Correct?.... oh, that's right....

You FAIL.

And yes... I am angry, certain subjects REALLY push my buttons.

But mostly, the Density of certain peoples skulls, mixed with a sense of irresponsible entitlement REALLY makes me angry.

You know... we don't allow children to vote or own property either... does this mean that they are oppressed?

Sorry friend we'll just have to disagree. I do enjoy how you started the the entire response in jest like you were going to sweep in here and crush us all with your inspired and magical wit.

You are presuming that I am finished with this thread.... You are clearly mistaken.

Well friend your denial has already lost me. It existed before and it still exists now.

You are still denying that WOMEN demand equal rights as men, and yet SCOFF at any notion of equal responsibility.

The Draft, for starters. Only *MEN* are required to fight and die for their country... women can CHOSE to do so, but men are FORCED AT GUNPOINT.

(Only Israel has overcome that little hurdle, btw)

Women gain custody of children in most all cases... but I don't hear you screaming for equal representation there, do I?

Child Support?

Don't make me laugh.

Alimony...

Do I even need to explain that one?

Why do *I* have to pay a woman if we get divorced, but she doesn't have to continue doing ANYTHING?

Explain to me how that is "Equal"

Go ahead... try real hard.

But as I said I do not judge. Pretend it all didn't happen. Put words in my mouth. Deny it all happened and enjoy. I refuse to judge. Perhaps though you should rethink how you approach people though. Not the best start I have ever seen to get a point across.

You have already judged me guilty.... so, you are wrong there.

You didn't even click my links did you?

As far as "Not the best start I have ever seen to get a point across."

That's because *YOU* are not my target audience, are you?

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

Holy crap - you're one angry man...

I am clearly a Rabbit.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

OH... you actually WENT THERE, didn't you?

Let's just *BREAK* your argument, shall we?

First, let's look at your source:

That's the figure in a study put out by Salary.com, which calculates the wages that would have been paid a stay-at-home mom in 2007 if she were compensated for all the elements of her "job." That total was up 3% from 2006's salary of $134,121.

That is pretty daft, isn't it?

did you even research as to HOW they arrived at this completely insane figure? or did you just copypasta?

Here is the article where they tabulate all of the "Earnings" let's dissect this trash propaganda article, shall we?

www.salary.com...

Laundry Machine Operator
You would think keeping their whites white, their brights bright and their pens, gum and cell phones out of the wash would be worth more than $9.76 an hour, but there you have it. Consider the occasional $1.37 you find in their pockets your bonus.

Annual Salary: $20,300
Hourly Pay: $9.76
Stay-at-Home Mom: 7.0 hrs/wk
Job Rank: 10, 3.9% of salary
Working Mom: 4.3 hrs/wk
Job Rank: 10, 3.6% of salary

$20,000 per year for pressing a few buttons on a machine that her husband bought (not to mention the electricity and water that the husband pays for)

Real honest there....

Janitor
Whether it's mopping up after a sick child or retrieving a hairbrush that was almost successfully flushed down the toilet, here is one job that seems more thankless than most. For this task alone mom deserves a few dozen long stems.

Annual Salary: $19,800
Hourly Pay: $9.52
Stay-at-Home Mom: 7.9 hrs/wk
Job Rank: 9, 4.3% of salary
Working Mom: 4.8 hrs/wk,
Job Rank: 9, 3.9% of salary

$19,000 for cleaning your own house? the place where you live?

Do you really expect to get PAID for keeping your own domicile clean?

Seriously?

How Juvenile.

Van Driver
It almost seems like Referee pay should be included with this one, since much of the time spent driving includes mediating arguments between your pint-sized passengers. (And while we’re at it, how about Gas Station Attendant?)

Annual Salary: $30,400
Hourly Pay: $14.62
Stay-at-Home Mom: 8.2 hrs/wk
Job Rank: 8, 6.9% of salary
Working Mom: 5.7 hrs/wk
Job Rank: 6, 7% of salary

$30,000 for driving?

Are you KIDDING ME?

Who bought the Van? Dad did.

Who buys the Gas? Dad did.

Who maintains and fixes the Car? Dad Does.

Seriously... this is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Computer Operator
From keeping in touch with the kids' teachers to grocery shopping and paying bills online, suddenly moms can handle many of their tasks on the computer right from the comfort of their own home. Perhaps this explains why moms are driving about an hour less this year compared to 2009.

Annual Salary: $31,200
Hourly Pay: $15.00
Stay-at-Home Mom: 9.6 hrs/wk
Job Rank: 7, 8.2% of salary
Working Mom: 6.2 hrs/wk
Job Rank: 5, 7.9% of salary

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Housekeeper
Once upon a time, this job, along with cooking, was probably the one most associated with moms. We’ve come a long way, baby! Or have we? Check out how much we value cleaning up spills, eliminating dust bunnies, killing germs, and making a home comfy cozy.

Annual Salary: $20,200
Hourly Pay: $9.71
Stay-at-Home Mom: 16.3 hrs/wk
Job Rank: 6, 9.1% of salary
Working Mom: 8.3 hrs/wk
Job Rank: 7, 6.8% of salary

Janitor, AND housekeeper?

Are you KIDDING ME?

Day Care Center Teacher
So, everyone knows teachers don't make nearly enough money considering they have one of the most important jobs in the world. Now, think about making no money -- AND having to work summers. Hmmm...perhaps a spa weekend would be more appropriate than an apple for this special teacher?

Annual Salary: $26,800
Hourly Pay: $12.88
Stay-at-Home Mom: 13.3 hrs/wk
Job Rank: 5, 9.8% of salary
Working Mom: 5.7 hrs/wk
Job Rank: 8, 6.2% of salary

Driving the kids to school, does not equal DAYCARE PROVIDER.

and $26,000? you have got to be KIDDING ME.

Cook
Keeping track of the ever-changing rules of the USDA's Food Guide Pyramid requires a degree in nutrition these days. But somehow mothers manage to feed their kids balanced, healthy meals -- until they become grandmothers. ("It's okay dear, no one ever died from having cookies for breakfast.")

Annual Salary: $26,800
Hourly Pay: $12.88
Stay-at-Home Mom: 14 hrs/wk
Job Rank: 4, 10.3% of salary
Working Mom: 7.9 hrs/wk
Job Rank: 4, 8.6% of salary

Seriously?

Do I even need to comment?

Chief Executive Officer
In the past year, the economy has even affected CEOs. The average salary of a CEO in a small business is considerably less in 2010 than the $210,000 it was a year ago. So, Mom might not literally feel the cut in pay, but she definitely won't be getting a bailout either.

Annual Salary: $154,500
Hourly Pay: $ 49.52
Stay-at-Home Mom: 4.6 hrs/wk
Job Rank: 3, 13% of salary
Working Mom: 4.5 hrs/wk
Job Rank: 1, 18.9% of salary

Chief Executive Officer.

$50 per hour, eh?

If you believe this, then you are obviously slow in the head.

Psychologist
From listening to their dreams to building their self-esteem, mom’s psychology skills help raise well-balanced children. They also come in handy when dealing with Ashley’s habit of wearing a mask and snorkle on days it rains.

Annual Salary: $76,600
Hourly Pay: $36.83
Stay-at-Home Mom: 7.9 hrs/wk
Job Rank: 2, 16.7% of salary
Working Mom: 6 hrs/wk
Job Rank: 2, 18.7% of salary

LOL!

Facilities Manager
Definition from Salary.com: “Ensures optimal functioning of building systems … Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals… Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.” Sure sounds like mom!

Annual Salary: $63,900
Hourly Pay: $30.72
Stay-at-Home Mom: 10.1 hrs/wk
Job Rank: 1, 17.8% of salary
Working Mom: 7.1 hrs/wk
Job Rank: 3, 18.5% of salary

AHAHAHAHA!

And the total salary for mom should be...
(And don't forget the overtime!)

Stay-at-Home Mom: 58.9 hours of overtime
Working Mom: 20.5 hours of overtime
With time and a half for overtime, if an employer had to pay cash for all that mom does:
Stay-at-Home Mom: $117,855.86
Working Mom: $71,860.37*
*This is on top of Working Mom’s regular salary, of course.

Completely Fabricated, and illegitimate FANTASY LAND numbers, pieced together by people who want to make "Cleaning your own house" into some kind of Herculean task that requires the fortitude of a GOD.

This is a [snip] Joke.

Dont' be so ignorant to say that a stay at home mom doesn't work as hard as you do at whatever it is you do my friend.

Don't be so ignorant to think that playing with children, and cleaning your own home is WORTH ANYTHING TO ANYONE BUT YOURSELF.

Not to mention the LEGIONS of housewife Oprah fans (implying that, maybe these women are watching television instead of playing CEO, Janitor, Taxi Driver, Computer Operator, Facilities Manager, House-cleaner, Psychiatrist, etc...

You're going to need to pay Rent, the Cable bill, the Electric Bill, the Food Bill, the Lease on the Car, the Gas bill, the Mortgage, Pay for Dad's Engineering Tasks and Repairman Services, Bodyguard Services, Lawn Care, House Maintenance, and Psychiatrist for listening to how your day went.

See, I can make up [snip] statistics too.

-Edrick

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Edrick]

Mod Edit - removed profanity circumvision.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

I'm not bothering anymore.

Your far too high up on your horse to discuss anything with an ounce of civility or respect.

Believe what you believe.

~Keeper

[edit on 6/9/2010 by tothetenthpower]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join