It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Feminist Movement—Ruining The Image Of Men

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
`why would they waste there presious time do ing something as pointless /meaningless as that?Man has been doing a perfectly adaquate job of that since year dot..Im a male by the way not that its important a WOMAN would say ,Im a HUMAN ,The very fact a Womens suffragete movement had to arrise commits pubblic martyrym suicide to obtain the vote proves what pure an utter ahsehatts men have chosen to treat anything they deam inferiour to them selfs,An this incudes WOMEN amongst many other things.This is a fact of life an not a point that needs laubouring,

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Gender feminism is what some call the type that pursues their philosophy through aggressive attacks against men. They consider men the cause of keeping da woman down. Some men do.

Equality feminism is what some call the type that simply would like the genders to be more equally treated -- and that includes by the way lifting a great deal of injustice and unfairness from the backs of men, who suffer just as much of it as women do, simply in different ways, and are often as much abused by women as the reverse.

There are feminists who actually are far more on the side of reason and balance and 'human rights, they are merely looking at this one piece of it' than others. Not surprisingly, they are not as hysterical about it, so they don't make as much noise or sound-bytes, and the media finds them mostly uninteresting.

Bear in mind that what most people know about feminism is based on what we heard in the media all our lives. Or in short, we're about as expert on what it truly has to offer as movies tend to be about computers (where the teenager presses 3 buttons on his laptop and hacks into the NSA database). Anybody actually interested in the subject, be aware there IS actually a subject here, not just a bunch of whining.

Well, most of it is whining lol. But some of it is thoughtful and appropriate and good. Like anything else it requires some discretion.
edit on 9-6-2014 by RedCairo because: added something.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Why label everything? Just be yourself!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
If anything we need more feminists and activists like P-Riot and Feman. We only allowed women the right to vote a few decades ago. They have a lot to catch up on.

Of course sometimes and with everything, there will be a few feminists that go off track, but that's just human nature. There are bad seeds with any movement. That doesn't make feminism bad. Take the one from Cosmopolitan that trashed Miss USA because she said she was a 4th degree black belt and knew how to defend herself.

And there's more than that, in the USA, and most developed nations women have mostly equal rights, but in other nations they are still treated like slaves and second rate citizens. The three Abrahamic religions don't help.

There is still a lot of work to do.

Only a man with self confidence issues and low self esteem would think otherwise. Why are some of you afraid of women? LOL There is nothing to fear except fear itself.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Ok, I will try to stay on topic this time, although I couldn't imagine what I would have said that was off topic, but I digress. I'll save a copy of what I say this time and go over it and edit it accordingly to make sure that it is on topic.

LOL, imagine that. I write something negatively about feminists and my post is removed for not staying on topic. This is the control that they have these days, and the favoritism that is ever so clear. I will just say this to stay on topic. Go into a court room during a divorce, especially with a child.......you'll know then who's world this really is...and its not a mans world. Say anything negative about feminism and because you spoke of the elephant in the room, you will be targeted. Read this post as fast as you can, as it most likely will not be here 2 days from now....another thing they have going for them is that ANY FEMALE (or male sympathetic to their cause because of trickery or seduction), working online ANYWHERE, who has the authority to censor you......trust me, it will happen. In America (at least online) you have freedom of speech....but apparently, you had better just watch what you say. At anytime, you speak out against feminists....your post will be deleted. Watch what happens to this post. Who knows, some feminists working for ATS may even delete my account for saying this....doesn't matter though. I am a T2 Tech/Admin of one of America's top ISP's. I have an unlimited supply of IP's. I really don't like to do that though, as it pushes us closer to IPv6. I'd rather not.
edit on 11-8-2014 by Illuminawty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Its not women I am afraid of. Women are women..I love women...feminist does not equate woman. Real women today are like you and I...they don't need an affirmative action card. Women have made their mark and its time to be equals now instead of women being embarrassed constantly by those who just want to keep playing the same card over and over, to keep getting paid.

Feminism is an idea of hate against a man, and by the very definition of hate groups by Homeland Security...they should be detained and prosecuted. You see, the only issue is that feminist are not measly little, weak women that we men should not fear. They are hate filled "women wannbe's" that yell "hear me roar" while a government dragon stands right behind them protecting them for the agenda of making men submissive to women, if we cant even stand up to a woman, we certainly can't stand against the government. The government can then easily walk in and install their police state. It's called conditioning. It was 3 waves, just as feminism was, 1) the 80's hair bands...2) metro-sexualism....3) men turning gay, and the rest being a woman's bi**h. There is a reason that a few years ago, we men were called studs for the many women we could get...now we are called "creepers", women were called a number of things (use your imagination)...now they are called "cougars". Feminism flipped the mans world upside down. You fight them...you fight the government dragon, that I spoke of back there. I filled out a survey just the other day at work, it said that women were still minorities...right there with the oppressed black people, Asians, and natives..REALLY??? We have a deficit of women in power???? Who is your manager at work. I know I have a ratio of 15 female managers to 3 male managers (1 of the males is gay, the other two are effeminate....no lie). Anyway, Like I have always said...want to experience this in another light? Have a child with a woman, go to divorce court and she will be the one leaving with your wallet for the next 18 years. I just had a woman to pay off her delinquent Internet bill with a 236.00 child support payment last night. Talk about biting my tongue in disgust. How many men do you know that would do that, let alone have the opportunity to get free money thrown at them because they are "the weaker sex", meanwhile shouting to the world "I am woman, I am powerful, hear me roar". Its one or the other...you cant be both. Its true women in the middle east, for instance, need help...but women in European nations, need to slow down and look around. It's like getting charity for being the President....you no longer need that affirmative action card. I have hundreds of thousands of examples of women who trump my paycheck, ask me and I will deliver the proof...I already have it on file for you. (xopied to my own files, as this post is on topic - time 4:45am Eastern)

edit on 11-8-2014 by Illuminawty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChickenPie
Masculinity is constantly attacked by all forms of media and the public (even by other men). Men are usually depicted as dumb, aggressive, and overtly sexual, despite the fact that the majority of the greatest minds were and are possessed by men. Regardless, the media and the public have a tendency to side with women and all things feminine--no matter what, even if the truth tells them differently. What's more, when men object to their unfair treatment they're told to stop whining, because it's unbecoming for a man to complain. Ridiculous.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by ChickenPie]

oh do they? I'm sorry I guess I forgot about all the blatant sexualization and objectification of women that flood media every minute. I guess when people were more concerned about Palin's looks instead of her politics I didn't stop to think how bad men have it. When women are plastered on the pages of US/People and are judged not on their accomplishments but on their looks and fashion sense, I guess I forgot to consider poor old defenseless men.

They side with all things feminine...wow...I mean you are entitled to your opinion but I really think that couldn't be further from the truth and it is so obvious

Look at Obama's politics...he's a POS president, or a good president, or ruining the country or saving the country...whatever your opinion is...irrelevant to this topic. The man, good or bad, is judged on his actions and character

But women, every single day are judged on none of those traits. (Yes I am well aware this is not 100% of the cases) but the fact is you can see clearly in the media if your eyes are open that women are offered to us in form, beauty, and desirability and objectification follows. Men look at women (again not all men) and see this object to be desired and pretend they are chivalrous when really it's just offensive IMO.

Why is it so hard to see that women are treated as objects...please I implore you go...go pick up a magazine. Go watch movies. Go read comments on social media. It...is...everywhere

Like...what is a good example...

Plenty of both good and crap music by women/female bands on YouTube...some decent comments but several that border on sickening, offensive and frankly a bit brutal

The point is, as I have said over and over in this and many forums...I as a man could go out tonight and sleep with 50 women and be hailed a hero...but a woman sleeps with more than one and she is a (you know what) and if she refuses then she is a prude. If she prefers to be a stay at home mom she is "not doing her part to help" but if she enters the work force she should "be home taking care of the kids." If she doesn't try to advance in her company she "isn't trying hard." If she moves on up she is either a "ballbuster" or "slept her way to the top."

Do you get it? Do you see how this works? There is a macro/micro system in place that offers no support...rather it suppresses

Meanwhile a guy who sleeps around is just being a guy. When he takes on a hostile take over or bumps into a COO position, he is a take charge kind of man.

But yeah...men have it real bad in media

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Forgive me if it's been said, but I'll be honest, I'm not going to read through 39 pages.

I do not think that it is the feminist movement that is destroying the image of them, rather it is the misandrist (misandry) movement, that mistakes itself as a feminist movement, that is destroying the image of men.

True feminism only seeks equality for women, not the destruction of the image of men.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: PansophicalSynthesis

True feminism only seeks equality for women, not the destruction of the image of men.

YAY

I don't understand why people don't get this.

True feminism is about equal rights. That's it.

It's actually about equal rights for both men and women to be who they are, who they want to be, to work if they want, to stay home if they want.

Feminism opened the door for men who want to be stay at home dads. For men to work in fields once prominently held by women, such as flight attendant.

Strong women have no interest in weak men.

Bullies, however, aren't defined by gender.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I somewhat agree and somewhat disagree with you.

I find that the title "feminism" is extremely outdated, and should be replaced with 'Equalism." Feminism is a confusing word to describe a movement when you have man hating women around. The whole idea of feminism was to describe the movement of females being equal to males. Equalism is a much better word. And I proudly call myself that. When I converse with those who have the same viewpoint as myself, I pass on the word equalism. Those of us who actually want all people to be equal, male or female, shouldn't be lumped in with man hating 'feminists.' It gives good people bad names.

Now, with what I disagree with. No movement can give anyone a bad image, unless they are partaking in something that would give them a bad image. Man hating feminists give equalists a bad image, because they are basically the same movement, without the crazy. But just because someone says you're a bad person doesn't mean that you are and no one will see you as a bad person unless they have experience with you and have said from their experience that you are a bad person. No one can change your image, other than you.

So I think that if you feel like you're being made out to be a bad person just because a bunch of girls say that ALL men (NOT JUST YOU) are bad people, you probably have a guilty conscience, and should re-evaluate your life decisions so you have better confidence in the fact that you are a good person, despite the hatred that feminists cause.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic
I somewhat agree and somewhat disagree with you.

I find that the title "feminism" is extremely outdated, and should be replaced with 'Equalism." Feminism is a confusing word to describe a movement when you have man hating women around. The whole idea of feminism was to describe the movement of females being equal to males, and vise versa. Equalism is a much better word. And I proudly call myself that. When I converse with those who have the same viewpoint as myself, I pass on the word equalism. Those of us who actually want all people to be equal, male or female, shouldn't be lumped in with man hating 'feminists.' It gives good people bad names.

Now, with what I disagree with. No movement can give anyone a bad image, unless they are partaking in something that would give them a bad image. Man hating feminists give equalists a bad image, because they are basically the same movement, without the crazy. But just because someone says you're a bad person doesn't mean that you are and no one will see you as a bad person unless they have experience with you and have said from their experience that you are a bad person. No one can change your image, other than you.

So I think that if you feel like you're being made out to be a bad person just because a bunch of girls say that ALL men (NOT JUST YOU) are bad people, you probably have a guilty conscience, and should re-evaluate your life decisions so you have better confidence in the fact that you are a good person, despite the hatred that feminists cause.

edit on 11-8-2014 by Lyxdeslic because: (no reason given)

Bawls. I meant to edit something and accidently hit quote, so I quote edited myself apparently.
edit on 11-8-2014 by Lyxdeslic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I have not personally demonized the male population, but have heard a very small subset of feminists do so. And even of that small subset, upon digging, I generally found that something was taken out of context.

Through the ages matriarchal societies have existed and thrived and women were respected as equals. It is only in humanity's recent history, quite deplorably in the U.S. for all it's talk of equality and freedom, and most often rooted in bat spit crazy religious beliefs, that patriarchal societies came to the forefront.

Aside from that, I can't say that I would personally find a man who felt demonized or victimized by the feminist movement to be all that attractive.

ETA: I just realized this is a pretty old thread and I probably stayed away from it intentionally before. Oh well.
edit on 8/11/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

While women, young girls especially, will dance all night to music that is essentially about treating them like trash. They'll seek out one of these brute types and stay despite constant abuse and they'll have limitless children without the means or stability to support them because it's "the thing to do."

I have to disagree with this statement
No woman says I want to grow up and marry a man who beats me. It's No I will not put up with that. Yet they do. I did. You really have no idea how a battered women ends up staying in an abusive relationship. It takes great courage to leave. Often we fear we will be killed.

Anyways, I somewhat agree feminism gets a bit carried away.

edit on 11-8-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

YAY

It's actually about equal rights for both men and women to be who they are, who they want to be, to work if they want, to stay home if they want.

Feminism opened the door for men who want to be stay at home dads. For men to work in fields once prominently held by women, such as flight attendant.

Sorry but you are mistaken. There's no such thing as a benevolent 'true feminism'. It was designed in the first place as a way to disrupt society. Watch this.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: PansophicalSynthesis

I completely disagree. I saw a feminist at a job I was at go up to the office and speak with the boss, complaining that if he didn't make her a manager, that they were going to go to some feminist board. Well, a man that was a manager of sports at a Canadian Tire for 20 years, got knocked down to assistant manager, and she got his job. She then went with a girlfriend of hers and they did the same thing....he then got knocked down to floor level and replaced by her girlfriend. That's not equality. That is coercion, and abuse of the system. This is affirmative action every day for men. As I've always said, you want to know who's world it really is? Go to divorce court....especially with a child and see who always wins without question. The female. That's not equality. Also, the man has to pay child support and sometimes alimony...the woman, nothing. The man has to make monthly appearances with a court representative to prove he is paying his support, and so the court can keep an eye on him. The woman.....no responsibility whatsoever. Hell, I work at a major ISP and I just had a woman a few days ago to tell met hat she was paying her delinquency off on her internet bill, because she had finally gotten her child support in. She paid her bill with the child support meant to support the kid! I was disgusted. This happens all the time. Feminists and women everywhere consistently abuse the system and men just to get theirs. This is not a new thing either, this has been happening for years and years.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: vasaga

originally posted by: Annee

YAY

Sorry but you are mistaken. There's no such thing as a benevolent 'true feminism'. It was designed in the first place as a way to disrupt society. Watch this.

I don't understand why people don't get this. True feminism is about equal rights. That's it.

Lol, I suppose you wouldn't see a problem if the grass is always green on your side of the fence.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Since we're at it... Let me throw a woman here that's against feminism for the ladies (there are quite a few actually), since in general they seem to listen better to other women than to men. This short video might enlighten you a bit, and, I suggest you check out more of her videos.

edit on 11-8-2014 by vasaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: vasaga
Since we're at it... Let me throw a woman here that's against feminism for the ladies (there are quite a few actually), since in general they seem to listen better to other women than to men. This short video might enlighten you a bit, and, I suggest you check out more of her videos.

Women against feminism don't comprehend what it's about anymore then some men don't comprehend what it's about.

This woman doesn't even comprehend she wouldn't be able to speak her mind on a video, if women before her didn't fight for women's rights.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illuminawty
I suppose you wouldn't see a problem if the grass is always green on your side of the fence.

Being that I grew up in the 50s, and came of age in the 60s ---- means I have 1st hand real experience of how women were treated prior to the women's rights movement.

That gives me more credibility then your lame statement.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join