It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Feminist Movement—Ruining The Image Of Men

page: 36
57
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
ya know, there's a steakhouse in my city where we occasionally go from time to time, has a nice little buffett...
got to tell ya something.....
every time we've been there, I would venture to guess that there is between 10 and 20 men, closer to 30 than they are to my 50+ years, that well, I would stand a better chance of making through boot camp than they would!!
just watching them carry their 100+lbs of excess weight is tireing!!!

so, well, if you were to ban women from voting, on the grounds that they aren't fit for service, you'd have to all the men, who are unfit for service....
and well....this is all a stupid argument anyways, since most of the elected officials in washington never served either!!! and well, that kind of law could conceivably be seen a a danger to their power, so they aren't gonna vote for it!!
so, well, let's say that all who haven't served is barred...
ya know, it's been a long time since I've been in school, but I do believe I remember reading or maybe a teacher saying why it's an elected official that is the commander in cheif...something about not wanting all that power in the hands of the military???




posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

Originally posted by Annee

Your front porch is limited. Its just not all about you.

Life & humans are always in progression - - some will fall through the cracks - - but others will benefit and be a part of the progressing equality of gender and race.

You honestly think being a woman of 64+ years I haven't had experiences in equality? Life goes on. You find a way. "Poor Me" is a waste of time.


So if it's a poor white guy, it's just "all about me" and "poor me" attitude.

But for everybody else it's noble "affirmative action"

Thank you for proving how little affirmative action works.

I got none, and now I am fine. Those that lived around me got plenty, and unfortunately a large percentage of them are still living in that sh$t hole.

Oops, I lied affirmative action did create one thing ... a dependency on affirmative action.




OMG - - someone was helped and it wasn't you.

Celebrate and give joy to those it helped.

Hand-Ups - - - don't give you degrees. Those you earn on your own.

All affirmation does is offer an opportunity. The rest is up to you.

Affirmation does not change culture. Breaking free of any culture is one of the hardest things to do in any world.



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Ohhh this topic! it aggrivates me on a daily basis i think..
It began as a way to get the other half of the population at the time (women) working out of the home and gaining 'independance' this way in order to tax all of the populace.. since then, its caused so many social problems i dont know where to begin..the breakdown of the family unit for one major issue from this womens lib movement, the conditioning of men to be lap dogs and thus creating generations of more submissive, oppressed males, under the thumb of females. This isnt to say all men, but far too many for comfort.. i see it a lot, especially where i am currently living..many of the women i know or know of need putting in their place, (no, this doesnt mean violently or abusively so, but men should take back their head of household authority more and not allow wives/girlfriends/mothers etc, to take over) no matter how old fashioned it sounds, its just how it is. Womens lib has disturbed a natural balance, and we are seeing a lot of the outcomes of that disturbance..women are NOT meant to equal any man, women and men are meant to compliment one another. We were made different sexes for a reason.



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision
 


Its like i said earlier let the females have there day, i reckon the plan is too get rid of females period over time.

I say let them have it, females are far more nasty than males, and it makes for a far more nasty world to live in. I would not work beside any female ever again period, and i do not care for there way of acting, or being.



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Full_Vision
Ohhh this topic! it aggrivates me on a daily basis i think..
It began as a way to get the other half of the population at the time (women) working out of the home and gaining 'independance' this way in order to tax all of the populace.. since then, its caused so many social problems i dont know where to begin..the breakdown of the family unit for one major issue from this womens lib movement, the conditioning of men to be lap dogs and thus creating generations of more submissive, oppressed males, under the thumb of females. This isnt to say all men, but far too many for comfort.. i see it a lot, especially where i am currently living..many of the women i know or know of need putting in their place, (no, this doesnt mean violently or abusively so, but men should take back their head of household authority more and not allow wives/girlfriends/mothers etc, to take over) no matter how old fashioned it sounds, its just how it is. Womens lib has disturbed a natural balance, and we are seeing a lot of the outcomes of that disturbance..women are NOT meant to equal any man, women and men are meant to compliment one another. We were made different sexes for a reason.




THANK YOU!!!! This is the point I've been trying to make for days.

glad I'm not the only one to see this.



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision
 


Whoa, spouting out theories like that in public over here would get you lynched, not only by the "feminists", but by ordinary women and even most men.



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Full_Vision
Ohhh this topic! it aggrivates me on a daily basis i think..
It began as a way to get the other half of the population at the time (women) working out of the home and gaining 'independance' this way in order to tax all of the populace..


I'd say you were born into a time that already has the freedom of choice and gender equality.

You are completely unaware of the suppression and struggle women went through to have equal legal rights by law.

Even the simplest things such as: credit cards - bank loans - insurance - - - were denied on gender alone.



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033
 

yup.. understood on that! i am a female who refuses to have female friends and wouldnt work for a female boss..im a female sexist i suppose, and i know a lot of it is the conditioning of women over the years and the societal expectations of us.. i learned over time they and i do not mix well..


as part masochist, i say bring on the lynching



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalisdad

THANK YOU!!!! This is the point I've been trying to make for days.

glad I'm not the only one to see this.


Yes - of course its a conspiracy.

It couldn't possibly be woman's own intelligence and want/need for independence and legal equality.

It couldn't possibly be that now - by law - if a woman is left single for what ever reason - - she shares the same credit rating her husband had - - whether she worked or not.

The woman is not left destitute with her only recourse in finding another man to support her.

LEGAL EQUALITY



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych
reply to post by Full_Vision
 


Whoa, spouting out theories like that in public over here would get you lynched, not only by the "feminists", but by ordinary women and even most men.


1920

The Women's Bureau of the Department of Labor is formed to collect information about women in the workforce and safeguard good working conditions for women.

Aug. 26
The 19th Amendment to the Constitution, granting women the right to vote, is signed into law by Secretary of State Bainbridge Colby.

www.infoplease.com...


by 1920, women had a legal right to safe workplace and the right to vote.

that would be why there is a huge gap between the movement

the most recent one having started in the 1950's was nothing more than a play to get 2 income households, raise taxes, and divide the family.

now I'm not saying women were treated fairly, but illegal activities will happen at all times, regardless of race, gender, religion, etc, etc

doesn't make it right, but the fact remains legally women have been equal for almost a century



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Full_Vision
reply to post by andy1033
 

yup.. understood on that! i am a female who refuses to have female friends and wouldnt work for a female boss..im a female sexist i suppose, and i know a lot of it is the conditioning of women over the years and the societal expectations of us.. i learned over time they and i do not mix well..


as part masochist, i say bring on the lynching


I prefer men friends over women too. Its what I'm comfortable with. I grew up with two brothers in an all boy neighborhood.

But what does that have to do with Legal Rights and Legal Equality?



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 

I know very well of the time periods of this struggle for our freedoms, in thanks to my mother and grandmother.. but those are basic human freedoms and doesnt mean the women should be allowed to take over everything..its not saying we as a sex arent strong or intelligent, damn right we are, but its in a different way, not to equal men.



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by kalisdad

THANK YOU!!!! This is the point I've been trying to make for days.

glad I'm not the only one to see this.


Yes - of course its a conspiracy.

It couldn't possibly be woman's own intelligence and want/need for independence and legal equality.

It couldn't possibly be that now - by law - if a woman is left single for what ever reason - - she shares the same credit rating her husband had - - whether she worked or not.

The woman is not left destitute with her only recourse in finding another man to support her.

LEGAL EQUALITY


don't even get me started on the credit scam, it's not the topic

2nd line

[edit on 17-6-2010 by kalisdad]



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalisdad

the most recent one having started in the 1950's was nothing more than a play to get 2 income households, raise taxes, and divide the family.



Bull!!!!!!!

My mom was a single mother because my dad ran off.

She had to fight for everything. She was denied credit cards - bank loans - insurance - car loan etc - - - because she was a woman.

This is REAL LIFE experience - - - not some report found on the net. The interesting thing about the net - - is you can always find someone who agrees with you.



[edit on 17-6-2010 by Annee]



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad
 
the best way i can say whats in my mind is that being equal legally is different than thinking a female is an equal to men..and in todays society many women seem to automatically assume they are superior to males. having only male friends over the years i have seen their numberous girlfriends or wives in some cases, i see how they think its ok to treat the men in their life, all in the name of 'grrl power' crap..and its the culture we all are raised in, it truly is.. every human should have equal rights legally, it should be a basic human right..



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 


Your front porch is limited. Its just not all about you.

Life & humans are always in progression - - some will fall through the cracks - - but others will benefit and be a part of the progressing equality of gender and race.

You honestly think having the legal right and ability to vote and run for office, and that females comprise 50% of the population, if women had wanted change they could have had it.

Women have had that right in Canada since 1919.



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by kalisdad

the most recent one having started in the 1950's was nothing more than a play to get 2 income households, raise taxes, and divide the family.



Bull!!!!!!!

My mom was a single mother because my dad ran off.

She had to fight for everything. She was denied credit cards - bank loans - insurance - car loan etc - - - because she was a woman.

This is REAL LIFE experience - - - not some report found on the net. The interesting thing about the net - - is you can always find someone who agrees with you.



[edit on 17-6-2010 by Annee]


thats a bogus arguement. and I say that as a white male that has been refused state health insurance solely based on the fact that I am a man, when women can get state health insurance at any time, just because they can reproduce.

there are laws that give women and minorities more than any white male could ever get

you complain about how bad things were for you because you were a woman, but we've gotten to the point where it doesn't matter if I am more qualified for a position or education scholarships, because of some stupid equality quota that is in place, I am left behind for someone less qualified based entirely on their race or gender



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 17-6-2010 by kalisdad]



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I KNOW about being FORCED into Gender Role - - - because I actually LIVED it.

Real Life Experience!

Fortunately I came of age during the Femist movement - - - and no one can Force me to live or be anything I don't want to be.

I now have Legal Equality - - - thanks to those women who fought for it.



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
I KNOW about being FORCED into Gender Role - - - because I actually LIVED it.

Real Life Experience!

Fortunately I came of age during the Femist movement - - - and no one can Force me to live or be anything I don't want to be.

I now have Legal Equality - - - thanks to those women who fought for it.



it's gotten to the point, where I am just going to come out and say thats wrong...

how can we have legal equality, when there are laws that discriminate against me that allow less qualified women to get the job I applied for, solely based on the fact that they need to fill a quota or be labeled sexist/racist




top topics



 
57
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

log in

join