It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Feminist Movement—Ruining The Image Of Men

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by kalisdad
I would gladly welcome all the pain and hassle of menstration for just one year of being able to carry and bare a child

What if you couldn't bear a child? Women who can't bear children have to go through it, too...

Life isn't fair.

indeed, and that I have always thought was a shame

for over 25 years, I have always envied the women that are able to bare children...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by gluetrap
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I would gladly welcome all the pain and hassle of menstration for just one year of being able to carry and bare a child

You are right, it is totally and completely worth it. That doesn't make it easy though!

I was physically miserable the entire nine months I was pregnant. seriously I don't think I felt well one day out of the whole pregnancy. But nothing has ever been more worth it, nor will anything else ever come close to the joy and love and sense of awe I have at being a mother.

Let me also say how very sorry I am about the loss of the child you wanted. I lost a pregnancy and fully understand the heartache of losing a child you want so badly to raise. It is not only the loss of a loved child, but the loss of a lot of dreams and hope that you loose with an unborn baby.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

3) Comparing black slaves and their white masters to the men-women relationship of the past is like comparing...well I am not sure I can think of such an illogical example to complement it.

----------------------------------------------------

1. both groups were totally dependant on master/husband for their basic needs.
2. laws and society were pretty much set up to enforce that dependancy.
3. dependency = servitude.....you are more apt to be obedient and respectful to the ones who give you your daily bread and other basic needs.
4. and well, both the laws and society tolerated abuse when the obedience and respect began to dwindle.
5. gee, sorry, but well, the chance of their being a tranquil home under such circumstances are much bigger than they would be if the slave/wife were free to say heck with this and move along to more hospitable lands!!!

seems like a good comparison to me!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by leo123

to say that both parents MUST sigh for an abortion completely takes the power out of the womans hands. and considering it's her life and body that are going to be affected by the decision, she should have the final say.

That means you not only want control over your body, you want control over a man's life as well.

what are you talking about?

I am a man

my daughters name is Kali... hense the username

I guess my point completely blew past you. Substitute "you" for "women" if you like.

what exactly is your point? my statement implies that I believe women should have complete control over their bodies and right to choose.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

It is my fondest hope that someday medical science enables those males who feel the way you do in your quest. And I mean that sincerely, not mockingly.

I think it is wonderful that there are humans who feel human reproduction is such a beautiful and sacred thing, and I think it a shame that some of them who want to experience it are unable to.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

And by-the-way - - - my daughter is an ADHD

off topic, but ADHD/ADD are a pharm scam... I had ADHD, to an extent, still do... never medicated, and I learned to focus on my own, without out all the evil side effects

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

You are right, it is totally and completely worth it. That doesn't make it easy though!

I was physically miserable the entire nine months I was pregnant. seriously I don't think I felt well one day out of the whole pregnancy. But nothing has ever been more worth it, nor will anything else ever come close to the joy and love and sense of awe I have at being a mother.

Let me also say how very sorry I am about the loss of the child you wanted. I lost a pregnancy and fully understand the heartache of losing a child you want so badly to raise. It is not only the loss of a loved child, but the loss of a lot of dreams and hope that you loose with an unborn baby.

it's the uncertainty of wondering what might have been...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

to say that both parents MUST sigh for an abortion completely takes the power out of the womans hands. and considering it's her life and body that are going to be affected by the decision, she should have the final say.

That means you not only want control over your body, you want control over a man's life as well.

I am a man

I guess my point completely blew past you. Substitute "you" for "women" if you like.

what exactly is your point? my statement implies that I believe women should have complete control over their bodies and right to choose.

Your stance also includes the ability to financially enslave an unwilling man for 20 years+ as well.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
reply to post by Annee

No kidding you support Affirmative Action.

There is nothing equal about affirmative action, in fact it's very purpose is to give an advantage to one person over another.

Oh yes there is.

Not all schools or school district are equal. A very intelligent child from a poor neighborhood - - may lack in education required - because her school has lower standards. I'm not saying lower standards are OK - - but that is reality. No child who wants to learn should be punished because of circumstance.

And when higher education was White Male Dominated - - - opportunities needed to be created for minors of race and gender.

Equality often requires action.

(and I don't want to hear about corruption - - there is corruption in everything).

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I am a man

Your stance also includes the ability to financially enslave an unwilling man for 20 years+ as well.

you are not reading my entire stance on the subject, but picking pieces...

I've said a fewtimes, that I believe there should be a contract at or before birth that both parties sign claiming responsability for the child... that way if the man decides before the child is born that they don't want the responsability, they are not forced to pay child support

said document would also secure the child if one of the parents decided to leave. it would be the only thing that allowed child support to be possible.

please read beyond one post to get the full picture

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I agree with your stance to a point. But if a man is so totally opposed to raising a child there are certain simple steps he can take to make sure that one isn't conceived. Without taking precautions you are in fact consenting to the possibility of a child being made.

Certainly accidents to happen, but overall a condom will go a very long way against preventing a unwanted child.

No matter what the women says, if you truly truly don't want a baby there are several things you can do such as .........wear a condom, use spermicidal jelly, pull out, track her cycles to know when the most fertile days are, or get a vasectomy.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I agree with your stance to a point. But if a man is so totally opposed to raising a child there are certain simple steps he can take to make sure that one isn't conceived. Without taking precautions you are in fact consenting to the possibility of a child being made.

Certainly accidents to happen, but overall a condom will go a very long way against preventing a unwanted child.

No matter what the women says, if you truly truly don't want a baby there are several things you can do such as .........wear a condom, use spermicidal jelly, pull out, track her cycles to know when the most fertile days are, or get a vasectomy.

that is very true, but you said it. accidents happen

if in that situation, the woman decides that they want to keep the child, but the man wants nothing to do with it, it's his out

she is taking full responsibility by choosing to have that child without the father having anything to do with it

but just because a woman becomes pregnat, it should automatically make the sperm donor responsibile for the child. because in the end it was the woman that chose to have it

www.turnpike.net...

even vasectomies aren't 100% so despite this being the ultimate form of birthcontrol for a man(besides abstinance) is it still his fault she got pregnant and he should be forced to pay child support for 18+ years? he obviously didnt want children if he had a medical procedure to prevent it.

and I can say the same thing for any woman, it's her body. isn't it ultimately her responsibility to take precautions? all birth control only have a 71%-95% effectiveness rate... accidents happen

contraception.about.com...

I know, my wife in on the neuvaring, and she got pregnant

[edit on 16-6-2010 by kalisdad]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Yes Annee, and all use white males came from those oh so luxury backgrounds.

Doesn't matter that my parents were dirt poor. Doesn't matter that I grew up in the local "hood".

Still no poor white dude affirmative action.

I was judged and deemed not deserving because I was white and male.

That is what affirmative action has brought, nothing more.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by peck420]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

off topic, but ADHD/ADD are a pharm scam... I had ADHD, to an extent, still do... never medicated, and I learned to focus on my own, without out all the evil side effects

Not all ADHD are medicated.

My daughter had zero attention span on a One on One - - way back in 1968 before it was the latest kid fad. She required One on One - plus physical contact (as in squeezing her hands) to focus. I was one of the lucky ones - - having an amazing pediatrician - - a school that worked with us - - and a special experimental program in our district.

It is an all encompassing label - - covering varying degrees of dysfunction or disability.

Fortunately - - hers was dysfunctional - - and she out grew most of it going through puberty. Something about the chemical changes in the body during puberty that affects the brain in some ADHD kids.

On the other hand - my grandson was just hyper (if you've experienced the real thing - you can tell the difference). His school tried to medicate him. Because of my knowledge - I would not allow it. Fortunately - his school avoided a One on One with me - by accepting it.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
reply to post by Annee

Yes Annee, and all use white males came from those oh so luxury backgrounds.

Doesn't matter that my parents were dirt poor. Doesn't matter that I grew up in the local "hood".

Still no poor white dude affirmative action.

I was judged and deemed not deserving because I was white and male.

That is what affirmative action has brought, nothing more.

Your front porch is limited. Its just not all about you.

Life & humans are always in progression - - some will fall through the cracks - - but others will benefit and be a part of the progressing equality of gender and race.

You honestly think being a woman of 64+ years I haven't had experiences in equality? Life goes on. You find a way. "Poor Me" is a waste of time.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Not all ADHD are medicated.

My daughter had zero attention span on a One on One - - way back in 1968 before it was the latest kid fad. She required One on One - plus physical contact (as in squeezing her hands) to focus. I was one of the lucky ones - - having an amazing pediatrician - - a school that worked with us - - and a special experimental program in our district.

It is an all encompassing label - - covering varying degrees of dysfunction or disability.

Fortunately - - hers was dysfunctional - - and she out grew most of it going through puberty. Something about the chemical changes in the body during puberty that affects the brain in some ADHD kids.

On the other hand - my grandson was just hyper (if you've experienced the real thing - you can tell the difference). His school tried to medicate him. Because of my knowledge - I would not allow it. Fortunately - his school avoided a One on One with me - by accepting it.

no doubt there are cases of an actual disorder, but they tried medicating me as a preteen, and my family wouldn't allow it

the parm company has convinced enough people to medicate the kids that they came out with adultADD a few years back to try and medicate the adults.

and as you said, she out grew it, as did I. but most people aren't informed enough or aware of the serious side effects that come with the medication.

but thats a different subject so..

edit: by different I mean off topic

[edit on 16-6-2010 by kalisdad]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Your front porch is limited. Its just not all about you.

Life & humans are always in progression - - some will fall through the cracks - - but others will benefit and be a part of the progressing equality of gender and race.

You honestly think being a woman of 64+ years I haven't had experiences in equality? Life goes on. You find a way. "Poor Me" is a waste of time.

So if it's a poor white guy, it's just "all about me" and "poor me" attitude.

But for everybody else it's noble "affirmative action"

Thank you for proving how little affirmative action works.

I got none, and now I am fine. Those that lived around me got plenty, and unfortunately a large percentage of them are still living in that sh$t hole.

Oops, I lied affirmative action did create one thing ... a dependency on affirmative action.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Yup.... bunny!

working in a power plant is not hard physical labor.

IT is when you open the main steam header and you forgot to clear the condensate out of the distribution points...

Or when the armature windings of the main feedwater pump overload from a voltage spike, melt through the insulation and short...

They you have to physically disassemble this 500lb hunk of forged metals.

Heavy Machinery requires heavy lifting...

Or do you think that power-plants are like George Jetson's Job.... just pushing buttons all day long?

You see, I actually know some power plant workers, I am not just talking out of my fluffy little tail.

So Do I:

www.iuoelocal99.org...

You know what an Operating Engineer is?

I myself am a plumber/heavy equipment operator and can break a bunny in two with my bare hands.

Sometimes my poop looks like fractals.

The majority of women are smaller, and less strong than the majority of men. Thats true. But INDIVIDUAL women can be rather tall, and strong, and INDIVIDUAL men can be rather small and unimposing.

Your Point?

And for all the women out there, most of the guys who actually work these "manly" jobs arent as insecure as some of the men posting in this thread.

Anouther Attack... Really?

This Bores Me.

Obviously, they dont want women in the positions who have no intent to actually perform, who are all, "would you CARRY this for me?" But if a woman can do the work, doesnt ask for special treatment, and can tell a mean joke, you are all in.

Do you have a point?

I just love how the bunny men pretend to speak for ALL men or even MOST men. As if some of us dont work with men all day long.

Oh, so I'm a GROUP of bunnies now?

Ah... I see... you appear to be suffering from a severe concussion... try not to overexert yourself, and remember to breath.

I was the top student in ALL the sections my chemistry teacher taught, top in my calculus class, top in statistics, top in my CMA class, and after leaving business school by choice to degree in philosophy, also a highly male dominated field, I graduated with that degree Magna Cum Laude, missing Summa by the barest of margins because of a couple B's I got in my required fine arts courses.

Are we pretending that all women are as driven as you?

Or have the Talents that you do?

IS this story Relevant to our discussion?

One exception among a SEA of Normality?

It's not a strong case, I'm afraid.

missing Summa by the barest of margins because of a couple B's I got in my required fine arts courses.

Dont generalize.

That's a heck of a brash statement for someone who holds her life story as the True Identity of all women.

There are always exceptions to every rule.

And your life story would BE that exception, I'm afraid...

Thereby, contributing nothing but insubstantial air to the discussion.

Thank you for Destroying your own post for me.

And just so's you know, I didnt choose any of those aforementioned options because I wanted to prove anything to men or to be like one. I chose them because I LIKE them.

Good for you!

And I am the last person YOU want in the kitchen, silly rabbit. I might make some bunny stew for supper. Mmmmmm.

I wouldn't want to be in your kitchen... I have a feeling you are a lousy cook.

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Again Edrick, why is it you seem to think that by using people in their most appropriate role should result in them gaining more rights?

So, then you are saying that we should treat people who SACRIFICE for society, and those who receive ALL OF THE BENNIFITS OF SOCIETY, as Equals?

How many people would volunteer for an arrangement like that?

Honestly?

SOMEONE needs to Defend the nation...

And WHY should Us men... if we get absolutely nothing for it?

Except an entire nation full of "Strong" "Confident" women who attempt to assert their superiority EVERY TIME THEY SAY "EQUALITY"

Nice... real nice.

If you want to argue such things then how about we simply instigate an IQ test for voting? That way the dumb males and dumb females won't be allowed to vote while those of us with a decent level of intellect will be able to consider our political future. Afterall we are more suited to making complex decisions right? We are intelectually superior!

I would rather we just allow veterans to vote.

This is a horrible thought and something that did happen in the past. It always caused horrible treatment of some group or other and once again you avoid ansering a simple question and it is revealing that you refuse to answer it.

You keep saying that women were oppressed, and you seem to be implying that it was because of Sexism... of something.... somewhere....

I want you to tell me WHO oppressed these women.

And every time you cite an example of a woman being oppressed... I will cite an example of a man being oppressed thusly.

And you can't be intellectually lazy and just claim that it was "Men" because then you are just generalizing.

If we use your logic that a person should be allowed to have more rights because they are drafted to defend their country then disabled people should have fewer rights. If women are not drafted because they are less physically able to perform in a war and disabled people are not drafted because they are less physically able to perform then both of these groups, according to your logic should forfeit their rights.

You keep using the word "Rights" in this sentance... and this leads me to believe that you do not understand the concept of pluralization.

vis-a-vis... Voting.

This is the "Rights" that you are speaking of in this paragraph, and yet you label it as "Rights", instead of "Right"

So, you either do not understand pluralization in the English language, or you are deliberately using the word "Rights" for emotional appeal, as opposed to a rational argument.

That... and Voting is not a "Right".... it is one of the PRIVILEGES of having a Government.

Hence, Voting, is *NOT* a natural right, and will never be, no matter how long you plug your ears and hum to yourself to keep the truth out of your brain.

The "Right" of voting, is CONTINGENT upon the Responsibility of Keeping your Government.

Therefore, Your argument has been refuted.

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.

Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. -- Alexis de Tocqueville

-Edrick

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Edrick]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by Annee

My life has proven that the gov with electronic mind control desperately tried to absolutely wreck my life for just having normal male thoughts and feelings in 6th form. So i know that there is a vendetta out there to destroy males for being just males, and i am an example of the hatred these fem in behind the scenes who where out to destroy me for no reason.

So my life is an example of a male just being destroyed for being a male. Exactly what you guys are on about i went through and i was destroyed for just being male, they absolutely destroyed me at 17 for nothing.

Imagine anyone of you having electronic mind control to absolutely humiliate me to everyone.

Shows what the uk gov is doing to males for no reason.

So let me get this straight the gov ruined your life with some sort of electronic mind control, because you aren't into females all that much, and you think there is a vendetta out to destroy males i guess. But I got to say you don't seem like the typical male, so you can't really speak for all males even if there is some sort of shadow gov out to destroy males you wouldn't apply as being a normal dude.....dude.

I see how some technology can be applied to mess with the brain waves, but even if it could send words, sensations and pics to the target, it's not mind control, in the end if one knows what it is its just like a tv or computer screen, they do the same thing indirectly. If it was an attempt at brain control all it would really do is give you a huge headache and make you tired, but mind control thats a whole different world do even begin to do that you would have to know the the whole patterns of the brain, which would take a lot more then couple of supercomputers and lots of time, not to even mention that no two brains are exactly the same. Then you would have to know the mind of the target and how they would apply to the patterns there in the brain, and since the brain and mind are two different worlds, even if you could do it it would take years and a shint load of money. To do the same thing as would be accomplished with the msm and tv or even the internet and books, were everybody focuses there consciousness on a daily basis. It's like spending a trillion dollars on a fancy toaster, to toast some sliced bread. You can't control someones mind, you can only make them think they can be controlled, and there by put into patterns that are predictable. Or make them agree in to patterns that are predictable.

It wouldn't be very effective even if you could do it, all it would do is make people paranoid, till they learned to control it. But even in this were true were would females come into the picture. Sure they have there own agenda, but who doesn't there are as many agendas as there are perspectives on being. But if you think you were mind controlled and humiliated by a third party, what does the female types have to do with anything other then your opinion or life experiences. Unless there is a group of feminazis or shadow gov that are plotting control of all males as we speak.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join