It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Feminist Movement—Ruining The Image Of Men

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I have long been a proponent of the "male abortion" to even things out.

It would be a couple month window of choice, equivalent to that offered women, in which a man can go in, file for an "abortion" and walk away from the pregnancy and have all his parental rights and obligations severed forever.

Once done, it could not be undone, and the woman bearing the child in question must be notified in sufficient time to make her own choice whether or not to abort, once she becomes aware she will be the sole parent. In cases like that, where the male files, he should have to pay a sum equivalent to the cost of an abortion, to have his own abortion.

That way men have an equal choice, under equivalent time restrictions.

link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by N1ghtCr4wl3r
Feminism has done exactly that. It is no longer trying to get equal rights for men and women, but more so to demolish men and gain more rights for themselves.

Exactly i have 18 years of females i have nothing to do with telling me how i should live my life. I do not want anything to do with females in my life, and somehow it became like a crime in society for me.

I have been demonized for 18 years, just for wanting to live a life of a male without females in it.

Enormous double standard rubbish comes out in these anti racism, or anti male stuff. Males cannot just live a life without being damaged in life for not wanting anything to do with these things.

I'm sorry andy but you will need to elaborate on your issues before i can take this seriously and i doubt i'm alone in that. Explain your situation and how you have been damaged otherwise i can easily write this off as a post by a rambling sexist.

link   
Child support should not be abolished, but it does need to be looked at closely and each situation decided on it's own merits. Without some sort of legal ground to stand on too many children would not have any support from their absent parent at all.

I personally get 200 dollars a month from my ex husband and he feels that is more than substantially half of what it takes to raise a child. Not to mention his refusal to purchase health insurance or pay for doctor's and dentist bills.

Sure I could take him to court, but we have a mutual truce, and dragging him to court for more money would only hurt my son in the long run.

And before you assume I ran off and left him because I hate men or wanted to take his money......

I left because he was a drunk and a drug addict. After years of telling him he needed to get help or I was leaving, and years of fearing for my life and the safety of my son once he was born I realized the only thing I could do was leave.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
reply to post by kalisdad

Yes a women can....another "equality" based feminist idea.

But, I do try to assume the best in people, and was not thinking about wrongful accusations.

point being, it's an exception that can be abused, so it's not a good rule.

in the end, with or without your idea, the woman has the ultimate say, wether she is being honest or not...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Sounds to me like his mom is a man hater. Which is a shame. It is unfortunate when males are raised by women who truly are the female version of chauvinists. That can happen to anyone, however. Plenty of women are raised by neanderthals too.

Just sayin.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

You are without a doubt a very very rare woman and i have complete and utter respect for you. Men should have a choice as you say, not to force an abortion, such an idea is disgusting but to separate themselves from a pregnancy. If they choose to separate then they have abslutely no rights at any point of that childs life.

Seriously i respect you a great deal because i have been accused of being horribly sexiist when i suggest such things, it's nice to have a woman treating the situation in a fair manner because it's just such a touchy issue.

Peace.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by gluetrap
Child support should not be abolished, but it does need to be looked at closely and each situation decided on it's own merits. Without some sort of legal ground to stand on too many children would not have any support from their absent parent at all.

I personally get 200 dollars a month from my ex husband and he feels that is more than substantially half of what it takes to raise a child. Not to mention his refusal to purchase health insurance or pay for doctor's and dentist bills.

Sure I could take him to court, but we have a mutual truce, and dragging him to court for more money would only hurt my son in the long run.

And before you assume I ran off and left him because I hate men or wanted to take his money......

I left because he was a drunk and a drug addict. After years of telling him he needed to get help or I was leaving, and years of fearing for my life and the safety of my son once he was born I realized the only thing I could do was leave.

the womans right to keep a child just because she wants it is not a valid reason in my opinion...

financial factors should be considered. can she support this child without forcing child support on a father that doesn't want it? does her plan require state assistance to support her and her child?

it's that mentality, that has women pumping out 6 kids by the time they are 20 so that they can be lazy and collect child support for a handful of men, and get a windfall of state assistance

it's wrong!

[edit on 16-6-2010 by kalisdad]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Any and every law on the books in Canada can and will at some point be abused.

Should we judge every law by that standard...Great I like anarchy.

The fact that something can be abused should never be the determining factor in whether or not that something should exist or be used.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

You are right, that situation is wrong, but that does not mean that child support in some sense should not happen.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gluetrap

You are right, that situation is wrong, but that does not mean that child support in some sense should not happen.

your right... it should be like any other contract. sign at, or before birth.

but to force it on men that don't want the responsibility?

and for the record, I don't believe I said it should be abolished. I said it's shouldn't be forced upon men

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Any and every law on the books in Canada can and will at some point be abused.

Should we judge every law by that standard...Great I like anarchy.

The fact that something can be abused should never be the determining factor in whether or not that something should exist or be used.

this arguement is completely different in my opinion.

to say that both parents MUST sigh for an abortion completely takes the power out of the womans hands. and considering it's her life and body that are going to be affected by the decision, she should have the final say.

if the guy doesn't like it? deal with the turmoil of emotion and continue with the relationship, or get a new girlfriend

I'm pro-life, but I believe it is a woman's decision to make that choice, not mine.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalisdad
to say that both parents MUST sigh for an abortion completely takes the power out of the womans hands. and considering it's her life and body that are going to be affected by the decision, she should have the final say.

That means you not only want control over your body, you want control over a man's life as well.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

if the guy doesn't like it? deal with the turmoil of emotion and continue with the relationship, or get a new girlfriend

I'm pro-life, but I believe it is a woman's decision to make that choice, not mine.

So you are saying men and women can never be equal because women carry the child and men don't?

I would also like for you to explain to me how my life would not have been affected if my wife had decided to abort OUR baby?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

Have you actually read these articles?

Let me tell you about the 50s.

Girls (in general) were good students and boys (in general) were restless - didn't pay attention - and just wanted to go outside and physically play.

And why is that? Because girls of that era were discouraged from being physically active - - girls were incouraged to play "quiet games" - - to color and do art work - - and were taught their job was to support boys/men in what boys/men wanted to do. Girls were taught to place boy's importance - wants & needs above their own.

Many of us grew up with brothers and played sports along with the other neighborhood kids. But - were we allowed to play Little League? NO! Not because we didn't want to - - but because we weren't allowed. We could wear cute little cheerleader outfits and ONCE AGAIN - - cheer the boys on.

At school we could sit in our pretty little dresses (cuz no pants were allowed) and watch the boys be physically active.

Screw that!!!!!

I once had a man - a psychiatrist tell me I would never find a man - because I can't be put in a box. Seriously!

My daughters have been told by guys "I ruined them" - - because I didn't teach them the proper way to treat a man. Seriously!

Men - you are on your own. I'm so tired of your whining.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by leo123

That means you not only want control over your body, you want control over a man's life as well.

what are you talking about?

I am a man

my daughters name is Kali... hense the username

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

So you are saying men and women can never be equal because women carry the child and men don't?

thats exactly what I am saying... and I'm not the only one that has said that there are differances between the sexes that can never be overcome.

it's balance, yin yang, two sides of a whole being

but in the end, regardless of how I felt about it, I've had a child aborted againt my will, so I know first hand the pain of my stance that it is the womans choice

until science can figure out a way to allow men to carry child, it's ALWAYS a woman that will bare the burden of childbirth

that makes men and women difinitively different. there can be no equality when it comes to childbaring

I would also like for you to explain to me how my life would not have been affected if my wife had decided to abort OUR baby?

I never said it wouldn't affect the man... but if it is a stable and balanced relationship, wouldn't bringing a child into the world be something was that discussed between partners, pro's and con's?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Anne,

You just don't get it.

The whole point of this topic is that we are seeing a complete reversal of roles between the sexes, not EQUALITY.

Please read: lakelandcc.edu/comeduc/men/whymenlong.pdf - United States

8 out of the 10 reasons for boys not going to college involve changes brought about by the feminist movement.

That's just one of many links that can be provided for current studies.

If you want I can find just as many for K-12 education.

The problem is feminism has now gone to far.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by peck420]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I am truely sorry that you had to suffer through that.

But if men and women can never be equal, we should never have had a feminist movement to begin with.

Equality is a 2 way street, as soon as one side proclaims rights that the other side can not have, equality is gone. It will just be a matter of time until the side with more rights takes full control.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I am truely sorry that you had to suffer through that.

But if men and women can never be equal, we should never have had a feminist movement to begin with.

Equality is a 2 way street, as soon as one side proclaims rights that the other side can not have, equality is gone. It will just be a matter of time until the side with more rights takes full control.

if you go back and read the posts that I originally started on this thread, you will see that my whole point in joining was to state that I don't believe the modern feminist movement had anything to do with equality, it was about getting the middle class into 2 income households, extra taxation, and greed on part of the bankster.

www.mybudget360.com... ss-americans-are-losing-ground-by-supporting-the-financial-sector/

edit to add link

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Anne,

You just don't get it.

The whole point of this topic is that we are seeing a complete reversal of roles between the sexes, not EQUALITY.

NO - you're wrong. I do get it. Not some psycho babble - - but Real Reality.

We are not seeing any reversal. What we are seeing is Men having to be Men without a support system. That support system being woman.

Man has lost its Cheerleaders.

Women have become independent individuals - - as they should be.

----------------------------------------------

I especially love the part where the girl is perfect and the boy is a loser and has ADHD.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Annee]

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join