It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Feminist Movement—Ruining The Image Of Men

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalisdad
I was a pacifist for most of my adult life, and I rarely spoke my mind on how I felt about things...

you know what?? that made me a bitch. people knew it and walked all over me. I was c. A man considered to be weak or contemptible.

now I speak my mind, knowing full well that what I have to say may hurt some feelings. and you know what, I've become a much stronger person for it.

Wow hang on. a man can speak his mind but be physically passive unless confronted directly and that makes him a strong man. Even pacifism can be considered strong, think Ghandi. Was he weak because he refused to be violent or strong because he achieved victory through peaceful action?

To be clear, i am someone who will never attack another unless directly assaulted or if someone assaults someone i care about. It takes direct, physical action to cause me to act and that doesn't make me a weak man. I have stepped in when someone had a baseball bat and i have knocked them to the floor, they broke a few of my ribs but i won the fight.

I have also been faced with idiots who wanted a fight and i have walked away as they shouted after me, laughing to their friends at how wimply i am but i knew i could take them. This is hard to understand unless you have practiced martial arts and consider the practice to be central to your life, the idea of walking away even though you could easily win is alien to western culture. The idea of swallowing your ego to avoid conflict is just not part of most people.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Personally i think its a rubbish argument. I have never been in no military but i still have a mind to think and should have a say in things.

A male should have a right in abortions, more so.

If females want equal rights, one day that right of child barring will be taking away from them, science will do it one day. Then where will your gender be?

Still bitching about how to kill some male.

A male should have more say in abortions? That makes no sense, it is a 50/50 arrangment, at least in the creation of a life. The day may come when children can be grown outside of a body and this will simply lead to "genetic jacking" where people have their genetic material stolen to create children. This will raise a serious ethically and social issue.

As for where will my gender be, it seems as if you think i'm female, i'm male man, calm down.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I was not speaking to you thinking your female lol. I meant as a general to females who would read that.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I was not speaking to you thinking your female lol. I meant as a general to females who would read that.

Men should have no say in abortion, as no woman should have a say in forcing a man into a vesectomy or circumcision. Although i honestly believe that if a woman chooses to keep a child the man involved should not be forced to pay for it. It's wrong a woman can decide a mans financial future without him having a say. I think that is an area of equality that should be addressed.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Men should have no say in abortion, as no woman should have a say in forcing a man into a vesectomy or circumcision. Although i honestly believe that if a woman chooses to keep a child the man involved should not be forced to pay for it. It's wrong a woman can decide a mans financial future without him having a say. I think that is an area of equality that should be addressed.

I agree.

while I am personally pro-life, I believe it's a woman's choice...

but with that in mind, I feel child support should be removed. how is it fair that the woman is the one who ultimately decides to follow thru with a pregnancy, just to stick the man with unlawful bills.

and having been on both sides of that equation, I know how hard it is...

I've paid child support
I've had a girlfriend abort a child I wanted

it's more double standard if you ask me

[edit on 16-6-2010 by kalisdad]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Men should have no say in abortion, as no woman should have a say in forcing a man into a vesectomy or circumcision.

Did I just read this correctly, or did you just throw away any chance you had at trying to be all about equalism?

BOTH parents should HAVE to sign for an abortion! Period, end of discussion.

It takes two to tango, and if my wife got pregnant by me, it's is just as much mine as it is hers.

To say that I, as a man, should not have any say or rights to my child just shows how bad the feminist movement has become.

Shameful

Granted I do think that criminals should lose there rights, so that if in event of pregnancy during rape or what not, the victim can have say.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

Men should have no say in abortion, as no woman should have a say in forcing a man into a vesectomy or circumcision.

Did I just read this correctly, or did you just throw away any chance you had at trying to be all about equalism?

It takes two to tango, and if my wife got pregnant by me, it's is just as much mine as it is hers.

To say that I, as a man, should not have any say or rights to my child just shows how bad the feminist movement has become.

Shameful

Granted I do think that criminals should lose there rights, so that if in event of pregnancy during rape or what not, the victim can have say.

I disagree wholeheartedly with your statement that both parents should have to sign...

what about rape cases? going to track down the offender?
and if that is an exception, all women could claim rape to the doctor to get the abortion.
it would also in my opinion be physical hijacking of the woman's body if they both had to sign... the guys cold just refuse to sign, thus FORCING the woman to have a child

think before you say things like that

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Shameful

The difference comes to pass when you are forcing someone into something that will effect their body. That is a clear line that cannot be crossed. Would you like someone to tell you what you can and cannot do with your body? Women have to carry a baby to term so it is their decision and that should be the end of the story.

however men should not be forced to pay for the children that result if they don't want them, that is if they take precautions, if they don't then screw them it's their own fault.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

Childbirth cant kill you, therefore you do not have the same say in whether or not to proceed. It is not "just as much yours as it is hers" in any real sense, as your involuntary and momentary spurt does not equal the physical investment she will put into the child.

Just like if you have one share of stock you cannot say a company is "just as much mine as his" when the other person owns 51% of the shares.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

Maybe you should try reading my post before you do put your foot in your mouth.

What does it say in my UNEDITED post....last lines....oh yeah, that if one parent is a criminal ( ie: rapist) that they have forfeighted their rights by being a criminal.

That means that if a women becomes pregnant through a criminal act, whe would be the only PARENT and the only one with RIGHTS pertaining to the child.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by peck420

Childbirth cant kill you, therefore you do not have the same say in whether or not to proceed. It is not "just as much yours as it is hers" in any real sense, as your involuntary and momentary spurt does not equal the physical investment she will put into the child.

Just like if you have one share of stock you cannot say a company is "just as much mine as his" when the other person owns 51% of the shares.

Agreed about the biological aspects however should a woman be allowed to decide the mans financial future? That seems one sided and against equality. A woman in such a situation has the ability to decide the mans future for the next 18 years, even if he takes precautions against such an outcome.

This seems deeply unfair.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

The difference comes to pass when you are forcing someone into something that will effect their body. That is a clear line that cannot be crossed. Would you like someone to tell you what you can and cannot do with your body? Women have to carry a baby to term so it is their decision and that should be the end of the story.

I have had people telling me what i can and cannot do for 18 years now, without me ever committing a crime.

Females are the worst for it.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I would also say that if a woman decides to keep the child and a man decides to have no financial input then the man should have no right to the child until he contributes. If he does contribute then he should have equal access.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

however men should not be forced to pay for the children that result if they don't want them, that is if they take precautions, if they don't then screw them it's their own fault.

the man should never be forced to pay for child support, there are too many variables in the equation.

protection isn't 100% no matter what form you use
ultimately though its the womans body, shouldn't she be the one to use the protection? since she's the one to decide if she keeps the baby if she becomes pregnant?

it's part of the decision to keep it or not that she has to factor in... will the father be there or not?

the only part of my argument that falls short, is if a couple split up after both deciding to have the child. the man is the one bringing in income and suddenly leave the mother and child behind... then I can see child support being needed

the way I see it, the parents should both have to sign the birth certificate to accept responsability for said child

once the man signs, he is bound to pay that support if he leaves.
but if the man doesn't want the child from the get go, he neither signs, nor is responsible for paying any support, EVER

link   
Feminism has done exactly that. It is no longer trying to get equal rights for men and women, but more so to demolish men and gain more rights for themselves.

link   

I have had people telling me what i can and cannot do for 18 years now, without me ever committing a crime.

Females are the worst for it.

Without knowing your situation it is difficult to comment. If you are only 18 years old then i would say you were a child when people were telling you what to do and that is perfectly acceptable across genders.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Since when do females not decide what attributes are wanted in the species?

Yes, men behavior is different now but only because we dont matter as much in society anymore. Females are better than us at a lot of things since we are now living in a era where emotional intelligence is much more valuable than logical intelligence. Im not saying women have less logical intelligence though. I think they are equal in that area and above us in the emotional intelligence area. Fair? Nope, but life isnt.

Men are now playing a support role instead of the main role. It stings the ego, but I think there is some truth to it unfortunately.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Maybe you should try reading my post before you do put your foot in your mouth.

What does it say in my UNEDITED post....last lines....oh yeah, that if one parent is a criminal ( ie: rapist) that they have forfeighted their rights by being a criminal.

That means that if a women becomes pregnant through a criminal act, whe would be the only PARENT and the only one with RIGHTS pertaining to the child.

my foot isn''t in my mouth...

the woman can always goto a doctor and claim rape to get out of having her partner sign!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by N1ghtCr4wl3r
Feminism has done exactly that. It is no longer trying to get equal rights for men and women, but more so to demolish men and gain more rights for themselves.

Exactly i have 18 years of females i have nothing to do with telling me how i should live my life. I do not want anything to do with females in my life, and somehow it became like a crime in society for me.

I have been demonized for 18 years, just for wanting to live a life of a male without females in it.

Enormous double standard rubbish comes out in these anti racism, or anti male stuff. Males cannot just live a life without being damaged in life for not wanting anything to do with these things.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Yes a women can....another "equality" based feminist idea.

But, I do try to assume the best in people, and was not thinking about wrongful accusations.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join