It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Feminist Movement—Ruining The Image Of Men

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

You assume all men work hard

You assume that I assume that ALL men work hard.

When my Actual stance is that Men on Average work harder than women, HENCE the pay discrepancy.

However, WOMEN DO HAVE TO WORK.

Yeah... but they didn't *have* to. (past tense)

You know.... when they were "Oppressed" and all.

it takes TWO incomes to Scrape by. Thus, working is not an option but a requirment - Thank you greedy government and capitalism.

Yeah... it be great if the Supply of jobs was larger than the Demand for jobs.

Again, it was MEN that brought in those laws.

Fine... How did I participate in enacting these laws?

Be specific.

And it was MEN that upheld those laws.

How did I participate in ENFORCING these laws?

Be Specific.

If they opposed those laws so much, why didnt they refuse to fight?

Threat of Jail, and Social stigma.

Muhammed ali did the same thing, gave up the best years of his boxing career because he didnt want to fight.

Nice.

How did he lose his boxing career if he wasn't in the military?

Are you saying muhammed ali should have been stripped of all property and had what few rights he had at that time removed from him?

IS that what they did to him when he refused to fight?

Wow... you just destroyed your own argument... thanks.

The irony of this statment is that it was brought in AFTER feminists demanded it. But by all means, men should demand it. It takes two to raise a child.

Yeah... that's what I am saying...

Feminists are demanding the Oppression of Men.

I dont agree with Quotas. The best person for the job should get the job.

Unless that company does not employ the Mandated number of Female employees... right?

Then you are Cool with Quotas?

Your saying, that because a woman is not forced to go and fight wars, she should not be entitled to own property?

Property ownership is about the *ENFORCEMENT* of laws.

Someone is going to have to ENFORCE ownership... and if women CAN'T, that means that we must employ literally HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of police officers to make sure.

Or... by Extension.....

An ARMY, that makes sure that any other nation that wants to invade and *TAKE* our land by force is *DEALT WITH*

That is the Freedom of protection that Men provide you with...

I think that you Should Show A Little Respect.

Despite the fact that she helped give that country its male population in the first place, with which, if they did not have those men, they wouldnt be fighting at all?

I suppose she Cloned them all?

Or are they all immaculate conceptions?

Basicly, because women dont make better soilders, so they should be penalized for it?

Are you saying that they deserve the same rights as those who must DIE to protect the nation?

I suppose you think it is unfair that women don't get combat pay if they are not in the military also....

And back in WW2 the women SURPRISINGLY didnt sit about all day wondering how the war was going. No, they were busy in factorys working 14hr shifts doing mens jobs

Yup... Making weapons so that the soldiers in the field could fight, and maybe die.

But yeah, because women werent dying via a physcial conflict, she constributed nothing to the war and thus should not own property. O.o Yeah, feminists were crazy.

You are using a lack of property ownership to justify the Slaughter of Millions of men.

Dying is worse than not owning anything.

I think that men should be a little bit more greatful for the opposite sex.

You can't handle the truth! lol Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom! You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall! You need me on that wall! We use words like "honor", "code", "loyalty". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline! I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "Thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
actually, the same spirit that drove feminism drove many other movements.....weakened the power or kings and popes, freed slaves, created the labor laws, ect.....
to despise feminism is to despise your own freedom....
the source comes from the same origin!

-------------------------------
Yeah... but they didn't *have* to. (past tense)
-----------------------------------
and when was that?????

[edit on 11-6-2010 by dawnstar]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

actually, the same spirit that drove feminism drove many other movements.....weakened the power or kings and popes, freed slaves, created the labor laws, ect.....
to despise feminism is to despise your own freedom....
the source comes from the same origin!

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

try susan anthony, abigail adams, elizabeth stanton.....

and you didn't answer my question....
when was it when women didn't have to work...
I really, really want to know!!!!
gee at one time, it took the man, the wife, the kids, all working, earning whatever they could.....

then....that spirit I mentioned began to move.....
kings lost power, slaves were freed, labor laws were written, and well, it came time for women, and gee...somehow, things kind of faltered!!

[edit on 11-6-2010 by dawnstar]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Do you have an argument?

Or are you just spraying Venom, [snip] scorpion?

(Third Line Calls LOGICAL FALLACY, Ad Homenim Attack)

-Edrick

Removed mild personal attack

[edit on 11/6/10 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

The law does not say he WAS NOT entitled to a prenup, HE is the fool for not taking one.

He was a FOOL, for thinking that his wife wouldn't Steal half of his Assets, and that the COURT SYSTEM would facilitate this?

Thanks for destroying your argument again.

Though i personally dont agree that she should get 500million, in fact, I OPPOSE IT! 100%
I dont agree with it because i am all about Equality!

Well, thank you very much

The system may have now have a slight biased which prefers women but as i said, get off your ass and start a movement.

You don't see me working here?

If they did nothing to change it, it is because they were not in a power to do so.

Queen of a country, not having power to do anything?

Seriously, THIS is your perspective?

When Elizabeth came to the throne she was not in the position to make or change laws as that right was removed with Charles the 2nd after the english civil war. After such a time, only parliment could create & change laws and women had no place in politics - thanks to, oh yes you've guessed it, Oppression! As a womans place was in the home, doing things god assigned to women such as obeying mens wishes.

Ah.... you studied, yes?

Ok, fine...

how about the Marian Persecutions?

or maybe Catherine the Great?

Yes they are, THANKS TO FEMINISM!

What you *MEAN* to say... is Thanks to men for *ALLOWING* feminism to proceed.

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

try susan anthony, abigail adams, elizabeth stanton.....

and you didn't answer my question....
when was it when women didn't have to work...

What kind of work are you talking about?

gee at one time, it took the man, the wife, the kids, all working, earning whatever they could.....

Yeah... such oppression of women.

/sarcasm

then....that spirit I mentioned began to move.....
kings lost power, slaves were freed, labor laws were written, and well, it came time for women, and gee...somehow, things kind of faltered!!

Yeah... the New World Order has that kind of effect on populations.

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Just have to say that I'm enjoying this thread.

Edrick, well done. I don't agree with everything, but you've covered a lot of the points I'd like to make in a very logical way.

I'll just throw a couple nuggets into the fray.

I work in a union. A few years ago I was talking with one of the female employees. She works in what would be considered a non-traditional occupation, which is fine by me by the way. I don't care if you're green, purple, or some new undefined version of life, just do the job. Anyways, the conversation involved the wage gap between male and female
employees at our company. I was a bit flabbergasted. The contract we work under has no provisions for gender. The only way for a male to earn more than a female would be to simply work more hours. This point seemed hard to prove to her so eventually I just gave up.

Another point. I find that a lot of women, not all of course, want the fairy tale, prince charming, but have no interest in being a "princess". Seems to me that the traditonal roles of the male are more or less taken for granted. It's part of the job description and simply expected, not appreciated. Meanwhile the the traditional role of the woman as caregiver and nurturer has somehow become overglorified and applied by default. It's just not the case from what I've seen. One only has to look at the way custody laws play out to see how things are slanted in a womans favor.

I'm probably biased, due to my own experience. I'm divorced, with custody, and I find, other than having to clean the toilets twice as much as I'd like to
, it's actually easier now.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

It being 3.30 am in the morning i am not in the mood to continue to quote and reply so i must agree to disagree with your view.

I have found it particularly hard to find a middle ground with you, as BH once said, you keep moving the goalposts.
I feel ive made a perfectly sound argument and if it does not convince you that feminism is about equality and not the oppression of men then fine. You are entitled to your opinion and i shall respect that.
However, i do implore you to look further into the subject if only as a passing reassurance of your opinion.
I shall still be browsing this thread lol

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Patterik

Edrick, well done. I don't agree with everything, but you've covered a lot of the points I'd like to make in a very logical way.

Well thank you very much.

I appreciate it!

(Third line is smiling)

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Actually i just have to add:

What you *MEAN* to say... is Thanks to men for *ALLOWING* feminism to proceed

In that one line you just admitted women were oppressed.

Right i'm done!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

It being 3.30 am in the morning i am not in the mood to continue to quote and reply so i must agree to disagree with your view.

Fair enough...

Thanks for the Challenge!

I have found it particularly hard to find a middle ground with you, as BH once said, you keep moving the goalposts.

Nope, just showing you the logical consequences of your beliefs.

I feel ive made a perfectly sound argument and if it does not convince you that feminism is about equality and not the oppression of men then fine. You are entitled to your opinion and i shall respect that.

Ok... I can deal with a difference of opinion.

Facts are Facts though.

However, i do implore you to look further into the subject if only as a passing reassurance of your opinion.

Oh, I can assure you... I WILL be looking into the Subject more....

Trust me.

I shall still be browsing this thread lol

Good luck.

BYE!!!!!

CYA-L8R!

o/

-Edrick

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

What you *MEAN* to say... is Thanks to men for *ALLOWING* feminism to proceed

In that one line you just admitted women were oppressed.

By WHOM though?

By Whom?

If Im going to be labeled a Slave Owner, and Oppressor JUST BECAUSE I HAVE A PENIS...

Then I want the Slaves that Go with it....

Savvy?

Or are you admitting that EVERYONE was oppressed by whoever happens to be in power?

Need I remind you....

Women have been in power throughout history, and Men have also been oppressed.

Quit looking at history and crying Sexism.

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick

Oh, I've *SEEN* that movie! LOL!

-Edrick

Yeah! I love that movie.

Cooking? I don't.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Yeah! I love that movie.

Cooking? I don't.

Yeah.... That was a bit subtle... I agree..

Here it is in Crayon:

www.webstaurantstore.com...

thehostess.files.wordpress.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

-Edrick

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Edrick]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Hey Edrick - - you're 5 years older then my daughter.

Oh! And I got the subtlties. I'm not brain dead.

These threads crack me up. I just love men trying to explain feminism.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Hey Edrick - - you're 5 years older then my daughter.

Oooookay?

Oh! And I got the subtlties. I'm not brain dead.

I didn't know... I had to be sure

These threads crack me up. I just love men trying to explain feminism.

Same here... Except I love women trying to justify expanding the powers of women, and not their responsibilities.

And also Reducing the Rights of men, and INCREASING their responsibilities.

You know, almost like they are trying to justify enslaving Men?

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick

Same here... Except I love women trying to justify expanding the powers of women, and not their responsibilities.

-Edrick

Please explain these responsiblities.

Enslaving men?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Please explain these responsiblities.

OOPS, your pregnant... I guess it's a good thing that you can CHOSE to abort the child.

OOPS, I made a girl pregnant... Sucks that I have no say in the matter anymore.

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

What's funny about threads like these is that many people forget that women are NOT a minority. A movement like Feminism treats women as though they are a minority that has been continually oppressed and restricted due to the actions of man. The truth is that inaction by women has played a large role in this.

You don't really hear about men complaining about issues such as the inequality in the number of male staff found in jobs like nurses, receptionists and hair salons. I wonder why this is the case? Surely men could mount a plausible argument that these types of jobs are skewed heavily in favour of females over males.

[edit on 11/6/2010 by Dark Ghost]

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join