It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

Originally posted by Aggie Man
All Reuters did was take away from the story; which is much better than adding to it.

I disagree. Its the same either way. In both cases, the news agency is attempting to manipulate the facts in order to paint the particular picture that they want you to see, not the entire reality of the situation. Its equally dishonest, at least in my opinion.

I agree that cropping can be misleading; however, whether or not it is misleading depends upon the caption that accompanies the image.

In this case, if Reuters caption simply said "Injured Israeli Soldier", then the cropping is fine by me.

If the accompanying caption said "Israeli Soldier Allegedly wounded by Knife Wielding Activist", then I would say the crop job was intended to mislead.

It's all about context and, as of now, do we even know what the accompanying caption was? I can't seem to be able to find it.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Yes, Reuters has done a fine job of proving that like most other mass media outlets, it is in certain peoples' pockets.

However, Alxndro - you proven worthy of joining my FOE list.

The ISRAELIS illegally boarded those ships. If I was on those ships, I would've grabbed as many knives as I could, and killed as many of those pirates as I could. Don't you DARE use your anti-Muslim rhetoric in this appalling situation.

Parallex.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Now we just need to get the facts about the tampering, cropping and editing of the images released by idf.

Another member of the "two wrongs somehow make it right" crowd heard from.

By your post, are you saying you condone Reuters purposely editing the photos to make it appear that the people on the ships were unarmed and defenseless when obviously (now) that was not the truth?

Deny ignorance ?????

Or for you is your agenda more important than the truth?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
..., Alxndro - you proven worthy of joining my FOE list.

The ISRAELIS illegally boarded those ships.

First, appreciate the reason as to why I deserved to make your FOE list, sure wish others would do the same.

You may be right about the illegal boarding,
BUT perhaps the Israelis should have:
* fought fire with fire,
* waited till the little flot"terror"tilla was closer to Israel and out international waters,
* then blowed them out of the water.

I mean heck, they are willing to die for their cause anyway, right?
So why not accommodate them?

It's not like they are productive members of society anyway.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

Originally posted by Aggie Man
All Reuters did was take away from the story; which is much better than adding to it.

I disagree. Its the same either way. In both cases, the news agency is attempting to manipulate the facts in order to paint the particular picture that they want you to see, not the entire reality of the situation. Its equally dishonest, at least in my opinion.

They need to crop pictures to make them fit and if it is a knife then yes i agree they are twisting the news but they did not edit the picture as some are saying and i would still like to know where the second set of pictures came from where it clearly shows someone holding a knife because it's not from the Fox site so too me it looking like someone twisted the truth and then someone else taged more lies on using photoshop at home.

One of the Youtube vids that claims to show weapons being found on the ship in iserail is showing footage of weapons that Turkey removed before the ship sailed and when you get down to it they had about ten offensive knifes and fifty catapultes which is nothing against machine guns, stun granades and such like.

Iserails offer of opening up the strip if we drop the investigation needs to be thrown in the bin were it belongs

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

I have no idea where the 2nd set of photos came from.

I was having problems with just getting the photos from fox posted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join