It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

www.foxnews.com

The British-based Reuters news agency has been stung for the second time by charges that it edited politically sensitive photos in a way that casts Israel in a bad light. But this time Reuters claims it wasn’t at fault.

The news agency reacted to questions raised by an American blogger who showed that Reuters' photo service edited out knives and blood traces from pictures taken aboard the activist ship Mavi Marmara during a clash with Israeli commandos last week. Nine people were killed and scores were injured in the clash.

The pictures of the fight were released by IHH, the Turkish-
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-6-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I know, I know Foxnews. It is the only news media on this story at the moment.

So it seems Reuters pulled a fast one. A little edit here to aim a story there.

By leaving out this little piece of the picture they spun it to make the activists on board appear to have no weapons.

This event sent an up roar across the world with countries condemning Israel's actions.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-6-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Now we just need to get the facts about the tampering, cropping and editing of the images released by idf.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
And here they are.

Shame on you for editing (cropping) photos depicting wounded Israeli soldiers in a way that hides the cold weapons (knives and metal clubs) in the hands of the “peaceful” voyagers.

Unfortunately, Reuters looses its stature as an unbiased media outlet time and time again.

reuters

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Thanks Alxandro,

I was having issues getting the picture in.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
OMG, I just noticed something.

Poor little terrorist got a boo boo on his finger.

Let the sympathy start rolling in.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Where's the pictures with the kid shot 4 times in the forehead?

I think israel planned this, as they don't want to release the "peaceful protesters" photos of getting gunned down in cold blood in international waters.

EDIT TO ADD: Remember that it was the flotilla members that disarmed those IDF soldiers and took the bullets out of their guns, after watching their brothers be murdered by these very same people.

That tells you who's intentions was "peaceful"!

[edit on 8-6-2010 by At0mZer0]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This just goes to show, EVERY news service has an agenda. Not just in what you see, but as important, what you dont see.

Take every story with a grain of salt, use multiple sources to verify.

Even so, still difficult to get the whole story. Agendas behind the scenes.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleObserver
By leaving out this little piece of the picture they spun it to make the activists on board appear to have no weapons.

Wait a second

Did you not see the YouTube vid were Turkey took just about anything off the ship and displayed it to the press in Turkey before the ship sailed ?

Apart from angle grinders that need electrica and normal kitchen knifes needed to feed the passengers the only things that could be described as weapons were about ten knifes and about 50 catapults which is nothing spread between 600 people and they even removed spanners needed to repair the ships engine if it went worng.

So yes i could agree that about two offensive knives and a few catapults were smuggled aboard the ship before it sailed but thats about all.

Now we also saw that iserail was shooting at the ship, droping stun granades before they invaded the ship so would you not rip up anything you could to fight back with.

Lets follow your logic a bit more.

I happen to know (Don't tell anyone) that the ship was carrying nuclear material that could be used to make a dirty bomb and i can prove it because smoke detectors all have a minute amount of atomic material and the ship had smoke detectors all over the place.

Source www.darvill.clara.net...

Yes i know you might need a millon smoke detectors but you would need a million knives and catapults to put up a fight against nine hundred troops with machine guns and rockets and this is why we have a score of nine nill.

I could see from the images taken by iserail that people were fighting back but could not tell if they were using sticks, rope or metal rods and nor can you so lets see your proof.

Did you know six of the nine dead were shot at close range in the back or that the films of the camera crews were seized so why would iserail do that if they have nothing to hide and never mind zooming in with night vision they would show close up video shots taken by the camera crews showing the peace protestors using these weapons you talk about if any existed.

Why did Iserail clip the video they released and why does iserail not want an international investigation if they have nothing to hide.

I think we both know the answer to that one.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
And here they are.

Shame on you for editing (cropping) photos depicting wounded Israeli soldiers in a way that hides the cold weapons (knives and metal clubs) in the hands of the “peaceful” voyagers.

Unfortunately, Reuters looses its stature as an unbiased media outlet time and time again.

reuters

Faking pictures realy pisses me off but which one is faked and what is the other buy holing in his hand ? is it a screwdriver and if the knife is not faked then was it one that they removed from the commando and where is the hand gun they took off him and are we so stupid as to beleive they could capture one of the pirates, take his gun off him and not use it if they wanted to and then this super commando somehow managed to escape later if these peace protestors wanted him dead.

Has reuters admited they doctored these images or not.

I'm still looking for these mistical paintball guns they went into battle with.

EDIT TO ADD

See www.foxnews.com...

This shows the picture where someone edited in or out a screwdriver or knife so where is the link to the picure that shows the orange life jacket and the guy that is clearly holding a knife because it seems to me like someone has just tagged this picture on to this fox news story.

i'm calling disinfo on this one untill proven wrong.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by LieBuster]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
so what is the problem? Reuters spreads news, not truth. Nothing new.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I don't mind cropping so much as adding stuff. I mean, if you think about it, unless it's a panoramic image, then the subject of the photograph is already "cropped" by the camera's field of view.

All Reuters did was take away from the story; which is much better than adding to it.

That being said, why the need to crop the knife wielding individual out? Was that irrelevant to the story that accompanied the image?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

I haven't found anything from Reuters yet actually admitting to messing with the photos. I'm guessing they will come forward tomorrow or the next day.

Don't shoot the messenger guys,

This whole situation is a very ugly and messy one.
I just saw this story pop up and I threw it on here to be debated.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Thank goodness we have an unbiased unimpeachable source like Fox News to provide us with the fair and balanced truth. Surely there has never been been a scintilla of evidence that Fox has ever tried to push an agenda or has doctored or edited news footage to further a cause.
Surely the rest of the world must be deluded and should only read the NyPost and watch Fox News so they can truly be blessed with the gospel.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Well, we can look at it like this...that activist could have sliced that Israeli up into oblivion while he lied helplessly on the ground, however, he did not. Israeli commandos executed people shot people in the back and in the back of the head close range...So whatever if the knife was cropped, activists dies Israelis didn't if it was their intention like I said that Israeli could have been gutted.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by At0mZer0
Where's the pictures with the kid shot 4 times in the forehead?

I think israel planned this, as they don't want to release the "peaceful protesters" photos of getting gunned down in cold blood in international waters.

EDIT TO ADD: Remember that it was the flotilla members that disarmed those IDF soldiers and took the bullets out of their guns, after watching their brothers be murdered by these very same people.

That tells you who's intentions was "peaceful"!

[edit on 8-6-2010 by At0mZer0]

Uhm, no Reuters is well known in photo manipulation see here: zombietime.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Cropping photos isn't trying to hide anything, it's a regular editorial issue that all print media face when publishing pictures. Take the picture where the knife is cropped out. It would be in extremely bad taste to show a bleeding and possibly knife-wounded soldier while showing a knife in somepone's hand right above him. This would render the picture unprintable.

Everyone knew the activists had knives, pipes and even firearms taken from commandos. This picture anyway is not being intentionally misleading.

It's also standard practice after taking a prisoner to hold a weapon them. You would if you caught someone breaking into your house.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleObserver
reply to post by LieBuster

I haven't found anything from Reuters yet actually admitting to messing with the photos. I'm guessing they will come forward tomorrow or the next day.

Don't shoot the messenger guys,

This whole situation is a very ugly and messy one.
I just saw this story pop up and I threw it on here to be debated.

I would like to know where the other pictures come from because it looks like a poor photoshop job because the colour of the orange lifejack has changed and these images are not in the fox news release.

Who do we trust here Reuters or Fox when Fox says in its release that this is the only second time Reuters has been caught doctoring images since 2006.

Yes the hand is cropped out but so is the guys foot and i'm not sure whats in his hand but i do know the Turkey did all it could to remove weapons from the boat.

Watch this

Yes they show the boat in iserail but 99% of the stuff they are showing as weapons are normal bit and bobs you would find abord any ship apart from a few knife and catapults but i think the images of these tools were taken from Turkey were they were removed before the ship even sailed.

Please don't send the police to my home because i have some very nastey kitchen knifes in the kitchen and a hover lawnmower in the garden and a circular electric saw in the attic but got rid of my headge trimmer just incase because we are all terrorists now.

The new flag of iserail is the false flag and a paintball gun.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by LieBuster]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I posted this on the other thread- Keep the flames to a minimum.

reply to post by wheresthetruth
I would just like to point out that the knife in question here is not a galley or kitchen knife. Look at it. Thats a combat knife. It clearly explains why it was cropped out.

Look how this person is holding it. Lightly, by the handle. *puts on Sherlock Holmes hat* If this knife was the property of the person holding it in a combat/ defense situation, the grip is COMPLETELY wrong. A knife in combat is held a certain way for maximum damage AND to keep it from being taken away- the way this one is being held does not suggest that. I therefore submit this is actually the commando's knife, taken from him and being held by someone inexperienced in hand to hand combat past maybe a bar room brawl. Here's a website on the internet where you can actually BUY an Israeli commando knife. Looks similar to me

I know if it was me, and I was using a knife to defend myself, that is NOT how I'd hold it- even inexperienced as I am. I'd have a death grip on the handle.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
All Reuters did was take away from the story; which is much better than adding to it.

I disagree. Its the same either way. In both cases, the news agency is attempting to manipulate the facts in order to paint the particular picture that they want you to see, not the entire reality of the situation. Its equally dishonest, at least in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join