It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Open Mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
My Salutations, ATS contributers and lurkers alike. I am tempted here to include a terrible "i come in peace pun" but will refrain aside from that little insight on the matter, even if the concept itself is true. I mean no harm. I found this both intriguing and curious forum while on my own personal quest for information. It is a firm personal belief of mine, as another silent observer in todays modern society, that ignorance is the foolhardy path to failure. By that I mean it is exactly what "they" want us to do. I wont get into the controversial and much debated topic of who the identity of 'they' is, as I am sure that is much explained and explored through other parts of this site and I fear I have already started to digress, so forgive me as I get back on track of introducing myself.

I am a recently graduated film maker, artist and writer, who has spent the past five years aggressively studying and analyzing all forms of alternative media and theories on a whole plethora of topics from UFOs, to the ancient Egyptians' Mfkzt (a white powder made from gold through alchemical processes which is said to have numerous near unbelievable properties such as levitation and teleportation), and anything and everything to do with secret organized governments and/or secret societies that are covertly attempting to run the world such as through a NWO. More recently, I have been developing a growing interest in chemtrails and notions that history didn't exactly go down the way it is commonly taught in modern social studies classes.

An avid researcher, I devote my quest for the sacred knowledge of truth through as many and as vast amount of sources as I can get my hands on, citing a plethora of reference books on a variety of alternative subjects in my personal library to an artillery of supporting documentaries and websites. Beyond that, I keep a stern eye on the more mainstream media, silent and observant to pick out on any unsettling subtle connections the main news networks try to push out either as propaganda, disinformation or simply trying to twist the truth behind a few carefully constructed sentences. It is a personal passion of mine to watch for these sorts of nuances and moments of light slip ups that when, viewed within the context of the whole universal knowledge and the information that is out there (if you so chose not to be another ignorant sheep) to access what is currently going on subversively in our society.

My mind is an open one, ready to receive and translate data from the aforementioned list of sources as well as through a more extensive exposure to ATS and from, hopefully, suggestions and comments from those of you reading this now. I come forward with this introduction not only to try and give you all a firmer idea of who I am while maintaining a certain level of mystery, but to find a mass of similar minded kins of soul to make this journey through investigative knowledge both a more sociable and successful venture. When it comes to brainstorming, analyzing, debating and debunking the myths from the truth more heads are definitely better then just one. But once again I digress.

Hailing from Canada, I have a vast array of interests that range from controversial subjects to politics to art, with a strong personal hobby in photography. A self-professed book worm, I like to believe I grasp a fair comprehension on the english language and at least make the pass of calling myself a writer. It is the latter which has turned this nice little brief introduction into a near tangent that I shall cut short now, from fear I have lost you all with the wordy length. Those who have made it this far, I both commend you and encourage a response so that we can share insights, and further open both our minds to alternative theories and concepts.. but mostly, so that we can collaborate. =D

[edit on 8-6-2010 by anothersilentobserver]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Greetings anothersilentobserver! Nice introduction neighbor to the North! Welcome aboard and I too am one to scour through as much evidence/speculation as possible, out of curiosity as well as trying to get to the bottom of things. I have not found any better source of sources than here at ats. You just can't ask for a better place for sources, opinions and subjects being covered from so many angles.

I have learned so much here and don't even tune in to news anymore because I have found ats to be right at the front of the line for info coming down the pike. The community here is so eclectic and colorful, with no shortage of views, and eager to process any input laid forth. Ats has an excellent collection of vids too.
media.abovetopsecret.com...

I am unaware of the Mfktz you mentioned, but I will check it out. It will be nice to see your expertise in action and I look forward to your posts.

My favorite ufo doc is Secret Space. It kind of goes off onto a NASA conspiracy trip, and I could do without the ominous soundtrack, but the space footage is what has me intrigued.
For what it's worth....

Secret Space
video.google.com...#

Peace

* Addendum*
I had some questions about ats and received some insightful and inspiring info about our neighborhood.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8-6-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Thanks for the warm welcome, Speculativeoptimist! It's always refreshing to find those with similar ideals and philosophies in life and I am beginning to realize quite quickly that ATS is going to be quite the good and healthy 'cyber home' for my future research into alternative knowledge. At least what I have found so far is very promising, and from your warm praise and lack of a need to rely on mainstream media is both an exciting and relieving stat.

When I first found this site about a week ago, I had no idea just how large of a community I had stumbled onto. I grew up in a very small and conservative community and many of my ideas and theories were very outlandish in stark contrast to the large masses of ignorance. I truly believed myself one of few, and its only been within the past year or so I have realized just exactly how many more of us there are. I am stoked to immerse myself deeper into that "eclectic and colorful' environment you speak of.

Mfktz is only the Egyptian term for it, "the ancient Mesopotamians called it Shem-an-na and the Alexandrians and later chemists such as Nicolas Flamel venerated it as a gift from paradise, calling the substance the Philosopher's Stone." The Center for Advanced Study claims its superconductive powers as "the most remarkable physical property in the universe." (both sourced from Laurence Gardner's The Lost Secrets of the Sacred Arc 2004 Element Books) I believe it has also gone by the name Mana, and is supposedly referenced in the bible most of the time the word 'bread' is mentioned, as it was a common practice back in the day to cook this white powder made from gold into bread, and then present that bread to people of honor as a "life giver." Numerous hieroglyphics are said to depict various servants presenting "Cones" of this powder or bread to various Pharaohs who were said to basically live off the stuff.

I have not seen Secret Space, but plan to set aside some time this evening to dedicate to watching it. The first UFO documentary I ever watched that really pulled me into the whole debate was the Secret Nasa Transmissions, which also goes by the name The Smoking Gun. You might have seen it, but its pretty interesting. Basically, its about this Canadian who managed to recieve and record a bunch of Nasa's space signals, and some of the space footage he got was pretty interesting.
-The Secret Nasa Transmissions

I'll be sure to check out those other videos within ATS collection too as I figure my way around here. Thanks again for the friendly response!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hello,

Welcome to the community.

I am impressed, by far the best intro I have ever read.

You should fit in just fine here, if that's what you got for a intro, woooooo I am really looking forward to your threads.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Enjoy your time here.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Great intro. I look forward to

reading some of your posts.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Aww thanks for the continued warm greetings InvisibleObserver and Mantra78. It pleases me to no end to repeatedly discover and reaffirm the community here is just what I have been looking for.

I look forward to sharing many posts with all of you, as well as reading what views and theories you've all got to share in kind. It's always interesting to see what other people manage to find curious or odd, and I am very eager to know what individual curiosities and passions have all brought you here.

As far as questions go, I don't really have too many at the moment other then besides perhaps a suggestion or two or which threads are real good reads around here... There are just so many to choose from I've been having trouble locating the real treasures!

join