It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, I gave up aspartame

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I haven't been on the stuff since march. That being said I still drink diet stuff. I don't know much about artificial sweeteners, but I am on sucralose. Which isn't good either. But I'm still hopefully far away from aspartame

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Sounds like your not off the stuff, Diet foods and drinks contain most of the aspartame.

Do your research properly - It takes alot to understand how to get it out of you once its in there. Hard to do, Also its so hard to keep away from.

Find out about Iodine (sea Kelp)
Get some of it, and start cleansing your body.

BTW im not off the stuff

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I just use saccharin or a natural sweetner like cane sugar. I don't like aspartame in gum either and just choose gum with sugar in it like double bubble.

On of the national drug store chains has a periodic sale on honey. I finally made it to the sale before they ran out and got some.

Aspartame makes me gag.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
I haven't been on the stuff since march. That being said I still drink diet stuff. I don't know much about artificial sweeteners, but I am on sucralose. Which isn't good either. But I'm still hopefully far away from aspartame

Sucralose/Splenda is also a chemical substance and is not a natural sweetener.

Have you looked into sucralose toxicity?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
well it depends what bullet I bite. ass or sur. I bite the sur..

I drink diet stuff for... dieting purpose. rofl

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GW8UK
Sounds like your not off the stuff, Diet foods and drinks contain most of the aspartame.

Do your research properly - It takes alot to understand how to get it out of you once its in there. Hard to do, Also its so hard to keep away from.

Find out about Iodine (sea Kelp)
Get some of it, and start cleansing your body.

BTW im not off the stuff

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1276027694&sr=8-3-spell

This stuff?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Its great that you are begining to get off the unnatural sweetners, but like it was mentioned before anytime you see the words diet or sugar free its bound to have artificial sweetners that are no good for your body.

Try out stevia. Its all natural and made from a naturally sweet plant. Check it out at Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, or even a GNC. It has become quite popular so it should be at your regular grocery store or even Walgreens.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrisrand
Its great that you are begining to get off the unnatural sweetners, but like it was mentioned before anytime you see the words diet or sugar free its bound to have artificial sweetners that are no good for your body.

Try out stevia. Its all natural and made from a naturally sweet plant. Check it out at Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, or even a GNC. It has become quite popular so it should be at your regular grocery store or even Walgreens.

Stevia is great. I use the liquid drop, 3 drops = 1 tsp sugar in taste. I have to get mine at a health food store, not many drugstores, or grocery stores seem to even know what it is yet.
Aspartame is sooooo toxic, and for anyone that is using xylitol, or anything containing it, it is extremely toxic to dogs. It can kill them by lowering their blood sugar, putting them into a fast coma.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
eh, I like my energy drinks. Nor do I want to get fat off of anything. Normally I buy my drinks at gas stations etc. I'm addicted to Energy drinks.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

eh, I like my energy drinks. Nor do I want to get fat off of anything. Normally I buy my drinks at gas stations etc. I'm addicted to Energy drinks.

That's probably your main problem. Drinking soda, diet or not... will add unneeded calories in your diet. Stick with water

If you "need" some type of soda in your diet, drink something natural. Jones soda is made with pure cane sugar. I'm sure you can find some other brands.

Edit:
...check out GURU, it's an all natural energy drink.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by HrdCorHillbilly]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think that Aspartame is everyones drug whether your eating right or dieting, it's always going to be here and the companies that produce it wants it in your body.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I know for a fact that my energy drinks don't have aspartame. It has everything else bad in em, but doesn't have aspartame.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by HrdCorHillbilly

That's probably your main problem. Drinking soda, diet or not... will add unneeded calories in your diet. Stick with water

If you "need" some type of soda in your diet, drink something natural. Jones soda is made with pure cane sugar. I'm sure you can find some other brands.

Edit:
...check out GURU, it's an all natural energy drink.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by HrdCorHillbilly]

I checked that out and I must add. Michigan don't have that in its hood. LOL. Were rip-it people. 1.09 energy drinks. I'll search for it in my area some more. thx for the help

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Yeah thats the stuff.
Might want to try Ginseng aswell And eating more raw foods

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I went off it eons ago.
My dad was always on my case about it. I don't drink or eat diet foods, or I at least check the label for "sweetener (950, 951)". I have been really cautious for a while now about what I put into my mouth and over my skin, there are chemicals in everything nowadays, it's difficult to escape from them.

Kudos to you for taking the first step
I would recommend that you start to wane off the diet drinks and food though, if you are serious about giving up aspartame.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I don't eat diet food at all. I drink diet energy drinks surclcose (sp?)

Raw foods are expensive any which way you slice it. You buy organic from the stores or whatever and it's gone in a week. # goes away fast. I've been staying away from frozen foods as well. Unless I may get some chicken tenders maybe every two weeks or so. although, I do like fast food here and there. that has been an up and down intake. I'll do really good and then i'll do bad. My main concern really is the diet drinks. Energy drinks that is. That is probably my addiction lies in. I would try a healthy drink but I don't think we have it in michian. Michigan has some pretty grudgy style fast food and convience store junk. Majority of people are on welfare and no one gives two #s and a shag later. That is the problem with MI. poverty. Most people living in the ghetto can only afford food that is in a box or frozen. and ghettos aren't known for their organic gardens. unless you smoke it.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Jordan River]

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Jordan River]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Can anyone who has gotten off the artificial sweeteners tell the difference in your general health before and after?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
You know aspartame isn't really good for dieting.
I'm glad you stopped using that artifical chemical.
It's just bad as too much fluoride in the drinking water.

Here is a little thing straight from wikipedia:

In certain markets aspartame is manufactured using a genetically modified variation of E. coli.

The source regarding this information:
World's top sweetener is made with GM bacteria

I wouldn't want to be having genetically modified e.coli ingested inside of me. I know cheese is made with bacteria, but atleast it's not e.coli.

Anything product labeled with diet, you should investigate the ingredients look for any artifical things with funny names. Stuff that doesn't sound natural, then look it up you would be surprised what garbage they put into that diet stuff, it's more likely to make you sick long term, your better off with eating genetically modified vegetables. But thankfully there is organic vegetables, but the pricing maybe expensive sadly. There is always the option to grow your own.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I was buying stevia at Trader Joes, but I just picked up In the Raw Stevia at Vons. I've been hoping for a long time that the supermarket chains would pick it up and start putting a big dent in Nutrasweet et al. Yay!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
whats wrong with aspartame?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join