It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrail Skeptic Turning Agnostic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I have always written of what people call "chemtrails" as "contrails." My reasoning was that what I saw in the sky looked similar to what you see on an air transit map that shows flight routes of airline to and from their hubs and destinations.

Lately though I have been engaging in the simple exercise of looking up every day (cloudy days, partly cloudy days, bright blue sunny days, humid days, not humid days, etc.) to see what I could see. Some days I see thick trails everywhere, but somedays I see none. In fact, sometimes a may not see anything at all for days at a time.

So now I'm starting to wonder, if planes carrying pasengers all over the US and world are flying all over ever day shouldn't I be seeing trails ever day? Since passenger planes are flying everyday and I don't see them everyday, what am I seeing on the days that the skies are full of trails?

A child could reason this out, and I am an an adult but I have never looked up every day. I'm not a meteorologist and am sure there are many angles I haven't considered, but I do plan on looking at some of the chemtrail threads here on ATS a little more open minded now.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
it depends on where you live, how much you see. Where I live now, there is very little air traffic, what I see is way up there and the contrails disappear quickly.
Where I used to live 6 years ago, in the summer on a clear day, you could look up and see a smaller than passenger plane, going back and forth, with the trails staying in the sky, and then they would go the other way, criss crossing. Some people would feel sick all day, although I was OK. What I did notice is my garden wouldn't grow. The vegies would start and then turn black. It almost seems like they fly more over populated areas more.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I believe chemtrails exist. I have read articles where birds and bees are dying. Some of the birds just fall from the sky in heavy areas where chemtrails exist.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
No.
You shouldn't see contrails every day. And some meteorological knowledge is necessary to understand why. Their presence depends on the atmospheric conditions at the altitude at which the planes are flying. In order for contrails to form (persistent or otherwise) the temperature at altitude must be cold enough and the humidity must be high enough. If it is very cold though, contrails can form even if the humidity is 0%.

This is why contrails become more common a day or two before a weather system arrives. Such systems are preceded by an influx of moisture and colder temperatures (at altitude), requirements for contrail formation.

Contrails are determined by the weather, not vice versa.

[edit on 6/8/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Seeing contrails everyday is a bit like saying you are going to have a sunny day, every day. Do you expect that? It's not a matter of how many planes, it's totally atmospheric conditions. When the conditions are right, you will see them. When the conditions are not right, you won't.
And it's conditions at flight altitude, not anything to do with weather at your level. Well, except for the days when it's raining, and the planes are out of sight.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Could they have been crop dusting?
Low altitude planes do not make contrails, and anything in aerosol at the altitude of a contrail will NOT fall to the ground underneath for hours or days, possibly never. Aerosols remain suspended for an incredibly long time, and will be blown away with the wind before reaching ground. When people feel illl and point to the "chemtrails" over their head as the cause they are wrong.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Like I said, I'm cerainly not a meteorologist. Do you know of a web page that one could find data on atmospheric conditions at any given time? I'll look for one. It might be enlightening to keep a log of the skies to compare with such data. Maybe even a real time air traffic map could be used if one exists.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbon

So now I'm starting to wonder, if planes carrying pasengers all over the US and world are flying all over ever day shouldn't I be seeing trails ever day? Since passenger planes are flying everyday and I don't see them everyday, what am I seeing on the days that the skies are full of trails

Ever wondered why some days fog forms and other days it doesn't? Is this proof fog is man made?

Anyway, if you've ever read any book about the weather. Or even any one of dozens of threads on ATS about chemtrails, then you'll know the answer to your question.

But for those who still don't understand the basics, try reading this article. It explains everything you ever need to know.

Whether contrails form and how long they persist for depends on the climatic conditions at the altitude at which the aircraft is flying.

(whether fog forms on any given day depends on the climatic conditions at surface level)

Note to all: please do not deliberately misinterpret any of the above to imply I am suggesting that contrails are the same as fog, as I know some are wont to do

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k
reply to post by snowspirit

Could they have been crop dusting?
Low altitude planes do not make contrails, and anything in aerosol at the altitude of a contrail will NOT fall to the ground underneath for hours or days, possibly never. Aerosols remain suspended for an incredibly long time, and will be blown away with the wind before reaching ground. When people feel illl and point to the "chemtrails" over their head as the cause they are wrong.

We actually thought of this, but we were thinking it wasn't for the "legal" crops. It was in BC, interior, so we thought maybe they were trying to kill off the stuff growing in the hills, mountains, and other good hiding places. Trouble was, it killed off everyone's vegetable gardens also. One of our neighbours got sick every time the planes were flying.
This was done fairly high up, not as high as the commercial planes, and if you looked at the planes with binoculars, there were no markings, just plain white, and kind of small. Another one of our neighbour's daughters collected a substance that fell one day, and took it to the lab in town where they did water testing, and it was full of chemicals.
The closest we got to any kind of answers was cloud seeding, but there was never any clouds until these trails had filled in the sky, and then the hot sunny day, just turned hot, and cloudy.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
The closest we got to any kind of answers was cloud seeding, but there was never any clouds until these trails had filled in the sky, and then the hot sunny day, just turned hot, and cloudy.

Couldn't have been cloud seeding because that only takes place in/over pre-existing moisture bearing clouds.

But are you certain that there could be no other cause for what you saw happen? Could it be coincidence?

Unless something was sprayed within a few hundred feet of the ground then it would have likely been blown miles before it reached the ground. Remember that winds even a few hundred feet up can be much stronger and in different directions to those at surface level.

That's why crop sprayers don't fly at 2,000ft.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

The stuff that fell over him could have been sprayed up wind a ways. No way to verify this though since he wasn't there to see it.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Gibbon

You can find upper air sounding data here:
weather.uwyo.edu...

You can find fairly accurate (not perfect) flight information here:
flightaware.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Don't know. Many people from the community were writing letters to various people in the government, and they just kept saying we were imagining things. It was very often through the whole summer, and over wide areas. That is why we were thinking they were trying to kill off the illegal "happy plant" that BC interior is so well known for. With such a wide area being done, eventually something comes down somewhere. It makes you wonder if they care about people's health at all.
Where I live now is large farms, and very spread out, and it is strange to even see a passenger plane. You can smell the difference in air quality. Now it is clean, and fresh smelling, even with all the hundreds of cows around

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks Phage...twill keep a log

top topics

join