It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newbie!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Howdy! This is my first thread...i've been a lurker for quite a while now and have spent many hours/days looking over the threads...very interesting!!! It's nice to see that most people respect others opinions and input...i'm just nervous i'm going to screw up on the first thread and get kicked off the site

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Smitty5150

Welcome to ATS Smitty5150!!!

Don't worry about anything, just try and relax and I'm sure you'll be able to contribute better than most here!

Btw this thread may be particuarly helpful to you as you're just starting out here.

Hope to see you around.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Thank you...i will be looking over these
I"m not sure if this is ok to do...they say no 1 liners

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Hey there Smitty,

Welcome to our side of the wire ... and don't worry you won't screw up ... especially as you've been reading the threads for a while ... you'll already have an idea of how things work.

Just enjoy the time you spend here ... see you on the boards I hope.

Woody

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Welcome! Glad you`ve joined us.
Enjoy the forum!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I hope they prove to be very helpful to you and don’t worry about that last post it should be perfectly fine.

Although it’s best in the future to try and not post one liners as they can be removed and/or replaced with an off topic sign.

Also I hope you don’t mind me asking but what brought you to ATS purely out of curiosity?

Btw if case you didn’t know you will need 20 posts before you can send U2U's or post new threads on ATS (apart from in this forum obviously
) so hopefully replying this will get you one step closer to that milestone.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Hi Smitty,

Have no worries - as long as you respect other opinions you won't go wrong. Since I joined (not too long ago) I've learnt so much - not just factual information but also about people think and react.

Enjoy your time here - there are some really knowlegable and patient people here.

Peace!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

It seems that most of the people/threads on here think alot like me...it's refreshing to see that...not a bunch of idiots that worry what Justin Beiber is tweeting about or if Lindsay Lohan is going to jail.
I try to inform people of some things but it just doesn't get through their thick skulls. Also, i'm sure there is plenty of info on here that i may not agree with/like, it will keep me thinking and open minded. That's what it's about!!

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hello newcomer, welcome to the grandest place on the Internet. Once you come here theres no turning back, it will suck you in.

It sounds like your a young fellow and aren't into the meaningless media and thats great. Try checking out some films in the media section. And spread your knowledge even though some thick skulled people wont follow up right away, eventually they will come to the realization all of us here have come to know.

Check out my signature for an interesting topic you migh like.

Enjoy your time at ATS.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS!
I have been here nearly a year,"they", haven't
banned me yet.
Follow the rules to the best of your ability.Don't
use abusive or demeaning language and you will
get along just fine.

pssst,tell us a little about what you like or don't like!

new topics

top topics

join