It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what scizophrenia really is!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
for you people out there who constantly tell people to check into a mental hospital and tell them to go to somebody to check for scizophrenia or other supposed mental disorders i have something to tell you!!!!

BE QUIET you guys and gals dont know what your talking about, you dont experience what they experience you constantly tell them that they are crazy, and that what they experience isnt true well im here to tell you some # that you dont know like the fact that some cases of scizophrenia are caused by you guessed it demons, like jesus cast the demon out of a man with scizophrenia like symptoms that was in a cave, why would he do this if it was just a disease of the mind? if you think that scizophrenia is a disease of the mind why did this man go back toa normal life after jesus talked to him.

ive been called scizophrenic countless times, why? well i supposedly have eratic behavior thats not normal i have seen faces of demons before, they often mess with my mind, strange thoughts that they implant thoughts a supposed sign of scizzophrenia but youve never experienced this stuff you dont know what its like youve probably never seen the faces of demons and devils but you are willing to judge them wihtout knowing anything about it, your scientific diagnosis are wrong you make them feel bad about who they are, you make them outcasts to society you send them to mental hospitals as if that would help, it doesnt by the way white padded rooms, its worst than jail its like making your kid sit in the corner for years on end. who in the hell thought that it would be cool to do this to somebody, maybe i should start putting supposed regular people in the hospital for no reason at all that would be fun right? so before you tell them that they are crazy and send them into a prison like facility where you can drug them all day, you should know what scizophrenia actually is.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Paradoxos

ive been called scizophrenic countless times

why?

i supposedly have eratic behavior thats not normal i have seen faces of demons before, they often mess with my mind, strange thoughts that they implant thoughts a supposed sign of scizzophrenia but youve never experienced this stuff you dont know what its like youve probably never seen the faces of demons and devils but you are willing to judge them wihtout knowing anything about it

A fine example as to 'why' IMO.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paradoxos
ive been called scizophrenic countless times, why?

Can't imagine.

I'd start with the manic word salad in the OP, and go from there.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
They call any man not interested in females schizo, for some reason.

I have been called so many names, but the amount of times i am proven right is beyond them. They have spent 18 years trying to drive me up the wall, and its not worked yet.

Amazing how if you do not fancy females as a young person they can set out to absolutely wreck you for no reason.

But the thing is, i am right in more things than them, so who is schizo?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
how can you, tell people that they are crazy when you havent gone through what theyve gone through, ive experienced this and know its real, im glad i realized that the whole science community is full of retards that dont know jack about anything and get kicks out of making people look crazy, so my answer to you is GFY.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This might help...

www.schizophrenia.com...

Schizophrenia is a chronic, severe, and disabling brain disease. Approximately 1 percent of the population develops schizophrenia during their lifetime � more than 2 million Americans suffer from the illness in a given year. Although schizophrenia affects men and women with equal frequency, the disorder often appears earlier in men, usually in the late teens or early twenties, than in women, who are generally affected in the twenties to early thirties. People with schizophrenia often suffer terrifying symptoms such as hearing internal voices not heard by others, or believing that other people are reading their minds, controlling their thoughts, or plotting to harm them. These symptoms may leave them fearful and withdrawn. Their speech and behavior can be so disorganized that they may be incomprehensible or frightening to others. Available treatments can relieve many symptoms, but most people with schizophrenia continue to suffer some symptoms throughout their lives; it has been estimated that no more than one in five individuals recovers completely.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I'm not schizophrenic....

and neither am I!

1 in 100 seems a bit steep though.
Likewise, only 20% recover completely?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

I thought they called them gay?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by andy1033

I thought they called them gay?

sorry I just needed to

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but you don't make a very good case for your argument.
Seeing demons, and hearing voices, is not normal for most people.
You may not like the label placed on you..but if it walks like a duck...
You sound much like my ex, yet his symptoms were reversed, not demons..
He believed he was speaking directly to God, and Jesus and whoever else was sending him divine messages.
A couple of years of medication and therapy, and he is closer to normal than I have seen him in 20 years.
Don't discredit medication or hospitalization if it can help you.
The point is..you are in THIS reality now.
Whether you see or hear hell, it's not in this dimension.
You need to be able to function normally here and now.
Focus on that, instead of trying to fight off those who are trying to help.
You are fighting the wrong battle buddy.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Actually it isn't far off.

Stats

25% find full recovery but it should be noted that another 35% find alot of improvement with only a little bit of impairment remaining.

To OP, there are plenty of treatments available and they are getting better every day.

Treatment

Also to OP, try to remember that while cruel sometimes, laypersons do not understand schizophrenia and schizophreniform disorders. I work in the mental health field and will soon be on my own team. One of the things I notice is the suffering of the family and friends of those who suffer schizophrenia or other nasty disorders such as bipolar or major depression. The family and friends often want to help but feel powerless to do anything except refer to a hospital or ward. This isn't unreasonable either when you consider that the family and friends are not doctors or psychologists.

Disorders such as SD and BPD typically require serious medical help as well as sometime heavy medicinal assistance and that is something a family member simply cannot do. On top of that you have to understand it can be frightening or confusing to a layperson to be around such a virulent disorder. I have zero issues being around true schizophrenics but I also study these disorders and have alot of exposure.

The biggest issue I have with your assumption is the attachment to the supernatural to this disease. Look I am a spiritualist and I am willing to concede there are a lot of demons and nasties in the world but you can’t blanket the schizophrenic populace with such terms and be right about it.

Also, many mental wards and hospitals are getting very high tech and comfortable. They are getting away from the type of ward you see in “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest” and “Awakenings”

No it isn’t right for a person to call a truly schizophrenic individual, crazy. It also isn’t right for you to judge people that don’t feel the same pains you or other sufferers do.

-Kyo

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I know how you feel, a couple times a year i go into the bathroom with some pliers and yank out my back teeth so i can show them to people on main street so they can see the micro chips in there so the scret police know im not crazy.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

You know, schizophrenia isn't a joke, its a terrible condition that really screws people's lives up. Even with medication, it's difficult for sufferers to lead a normal life.

new topics

top topics

join