It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New forum for Gulf Oil Crisis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Hi all,

I wish ATS would make a new forum for the oil crisis.. the threads are currently spread over three forums.. Fragile Earth, Peak Oil, and Breaking News.

What do you all think?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Since Global Warming was the most popular topic in Fragile Earth, and has since been thoroughly debunked. Fragile Earth should be the main source of info on Obama's gulf oil crisis.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Yes

now i am being accused of working for Halliburton... wtf

maybe guy should have read all the negative talk about halliburton just because i claimed 30,000bpd and I am standing by that. Have i ever said anything nice about Halliburton or BP? NO and i never will!

I support the new forum..

anyway i have to leave now i cant deal with arguments about BPD.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Um, yeah. Multiple new threads everyday dominate Fragile Earth alone. Other environmental issues are pushed right out and 'ignored'. Every new development or online photo journal prompts a new thread...

I asked the same thing a while ago, but it was way buried in one of my threads. I doubt any mods noticed it.

I was thinking it could be merged with the old (I assume to now be defunct) Katrina forum. It's all devastating the same area as Katrina, and Katrina was an ecological disaster. Arguably even worse with the oil leaks, destroyed oil platforms, and more importantly the massive amounts of synthetic chemicals that oozed up out of everyone's automobiles and homes.

This thread might ought to be in the Board Business & Questions forum. The sorts who are enjoying SCREAMING about the Gulf Gusher will bemoan any ideas about not having endless threads going on all over the website.

reply to post by jeffrybinladen

I feel ya. If you don't scream that it's over 100,000bpd you'll be labeled a big oil shill.

---------------------------------------

He does actually have a good point about Global Warming. But then again Katrina was an environmental issues on several fronts. It should be interesting to see how the mods respond...

[edit on 8-6-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I agree.. as this Gulf Oil Leak issue will certainly drag on for years, even if they do find a way to cap the oil or redirect it with relief wells, a forum to itself will be a good idea.

It would also help to collect all the info in one area so a time line of news and info can be easily seen.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
A perceived Bush disaster gets it own forum here on ATS.

Will a perceived Obama disaster get its own forum?

Don't count on it.

I love conspiracy theories.....even if it involves ATS!

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Carseller4]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I completely concur. Like the swine flu hysteria, this topic is taking over the site and it makes total sense to create a separate forum in which it should be discussed given that other topics with similar attention being paid to them have been given their own.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

Actually Springer spoke about this in his recent radio interview; got the impression it was under review.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

I mentioned something similar a few weeks ago.. but my recommendation was a single thread, much like the Quake Watch or Volcano Watch threads.. only starting new threads for something really really important, but it didn't really go anywhere. I seem to remember a new thread made for the "swine flu" scare.. so I'm thinking it would be a good idea.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
Time For An Omit Oil Spill Feature? Oil Spill Forum?

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join