It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's take a look at the tape........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I�ve been following the polls for years and there is no question that the 2000 election and again 2004 election will be to tight to call but I have noticed a few rather disturbing change in the subsets of the statistic presented.

In 2000, as in prior years Republicans have always been, as a tradition, party voters. Last year it was not uncommon to see Bush getting over 90% support of the registered party members. In 2000 exit polls 91% of Republicans voted and only 80% Democrats voted with the party. Of the Independent voters, 47% voted for Bush; with Gore getting 45%.

So far this year Bush has lost significant ground with independents with only 31% planning to vote for him. And most surprisingly the rock hard Republican voter has withdrawn from Bush now in the 80% range, a 11 point loss from last years results.

Although lots have been made of the �Anyone but Bush� movement suggesting the Democrats coming in larger numbers to support their party�s candidate does not bear out in the statistics: Democrats planning to vote for their candidate is still ion the 80% range as it was in 2000.

www.pollingreport.com...
www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hey, look at Bush's performance. This guy has done more to further the Democrat cause than even his father did.
Bush is by no means conservative. Since he came into office he either, one, went against his planks because he just talked to get elected, or two, he decided right away that he needed to steal as much of the Dem's talking points as he could.
Regardless, there isn't much difference between the two parties anymore. We really have not much of a choice. I'd be willing to bet you that Kerry would be just about the same as Bush, if he were to get elected.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Regardless, there isn't much difference between the two parties anymore. We really have not much of a choice. I'd be willing to bet you that Kerry would be just about the same as Bush, if he were to get elected.

Very true... Listening to their campaigns, they sound almost the same on most the major issues. Maybe a bit of a difference. How about Kerry as president and Bush as Vice Pres. or vise versa.. ha ha

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Here we go again. WE AGREE.

Bush is no conservative 'fersure. I know what he is but I can't use that word here................... it ends with a ****head.

AS for Kerry bing the same, I'm not too sure. He ssure ain't my cup of tea but I have yet to see him pick his nose or goose his wife in public..........NOW there's a difference!

I say we know what we go now don't work and costs too much............how much worse coluld it get?

We're all going down the toilet anyway.........just a matter of how long it takes..............

IMHO

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Well JC they sound the same because both use the strategy so artfully developed by Karl Rove...............it's called blurring the differences.

And it seems to have worked on you with no apparent awareness you were being manipulated...........

Now remember both candidates are doing it. In fact Kerry started first. He told supporters early on he planned on winning by not making any distinctions between Bush and himself � a regular Mr. Vanilla.

Bush is doing well for Kerry by monopolizing the media with quick one after the other screw-ups and other misfortunes. GW�s numbers are on a Teflon slide board.
Zogby says both candidate�s bases are solid and will not change their votes which means both candidates will be spending about a billion dollars to attract the majority of the remaining 6-8% of uncommitted voters����about 3-4 million folks will decide who is our next President.

q2112.com...
www.cbsnews.com...
www.conservativetruth.org...
dean4az.blogspot.com...
web.redding.com...
www.calpundit.com...
www.freerepublic.com...
www.disinfopedia.org...
democrats.com...
www.witherspoonsociety.org...

top topics

join