It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Spill Appears to be INTENTIONAL. Destroy the world for the allmighty DOLLAR

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

These straw man rebuttals don't work. The links only say that Haliburton bought a small fire response company, and that they preformed construction services at the well that was destroyed. But it says nothing of whether or not the fire company responded, or whether they have received any contracts for cleaning up the oil. Personally, I couldn't find anything that says they have. You accuse them of something, you're supposed to have proof or at the very least, very strong evidence.

Sigh...Sleep little one. Sleep. Its only a nightmare. And one day, you'll get the answers you so vehemently seek. But for now...patience.

If you look carefully, which you haven't...I have made NO CLAIMS in my Original Post, therefore your question which begs for precise numerical value on the profits that these companies have made has no merit. (OOPS) You kind of hung yourself with that rope.

This thread posed information and asked others to look at the information I provided to see if "THEY COULD SEE A BIGGER PICTURE." Therefore, I was looking for collaboration and answers from those who read and contributed to the thread. So ultimately, since no claims were made, there's no inherent need to answer, or even entertain your line of questioning, when I was the one posing the question to begin with. Only a fool would attempt to definitively answer a question meant to bait a person into a false answer by placing a number on something that might be immeasurable. You didn't think that I knew what you were doing...did you??? Very predictable. However, I entertained your tactic and answered your attempt at a trap with patience and love despite the immaturity of the question itself. And since this thread was done in a hypothetical manner while presenting information and posing questions from the sources listed, it OBVIOUSLY begs that others delve a little deeper to find the answers that those who are concerned for their environment seek. So far, EVERYONE on this thread has figured this out except YOU. Which means, you're the only one demonstrating, or proposing a "Straw man argument," when there was no "Argument" to begin with. DIG??? This may be quite demonstrative of your combative nature. Again, there are more than enough children with the "Playground bully mentality" on these forums that will meet you at the door any day. I am not one of them. Why don't you try Cass Sundance and Company??? They're always lurking around here looking for a war. If you don't know to whom I am referring, then you obviously must be new to ATS.

You are so desperately in need of the attention that someone may not have provided for you early in life, that you seek attention by promoting negativity. I'm sorry Rockpuck, I cannot give, nor fulfill that need in your life right now. This forum is not a daycare, nor is it meant for immaturity. If you cannot follow simple logic at this more mature stage in your life, then I simply don't have the time to recap, or teach that grade school math to you,...that unfortunate job was left for your parents who obviously failed you miserably. It's a pity isn't it??? No wonder the U.S. ranks so low in education in comparison to the rest of the developed and industrialized countries. Right now I'm looking at that sad fact just from reading your ridiculous posts. I'm sorry, but if your intent is merely to have me lower my IQ and logic to fit your mediocre standard of operation so that you can understand the basics, then I'm positive that our conversation has already dropped to the lowest level it possibly could. I can't speak any slower or spell it out for you any better. However, I heard that "Hooked on Phonics" was a successful program. You might want to give it a whirl.

If you cannot find proof that you ask within the several reputable sources provided, then you might be illiterate or have an undeniable problem with skimming. This is a problem that I cannot address for you. In order to identify a problem, one has to come to a certain "acceptance" stage about their malfunction in order to address its cause. It is clear that you're still in denial, therefore, NOTHING CAN BE DONE without a serious breakthrough, THERAPY, or powerful psychotropic drugs (you may require a combination of all of them). But please, don't try to make your weakness mine, or spread your negativity to others who have surpassed your level long ago (that would include everyone on this thread). As it is, critical thought is a rarity in this country, and as you know, one bad apple can ruin the whole bunch. That's unbecoming and selfish.

For the most part, this is a positive thread, and for one who is polarized negatively (YOU), I'm sure it can be quite painful to see so many working together and getting along in a community that is sharing consciousness and information for a greater cause. I guess you somehow feel excluded, but again, these aren't issues that can be solved on a forum that is addressing a different issue.

I think I'll do what I should have done earlier...

Ignore...

Bye my child, and thank you so much for revealing yourself. My time is better spent serving those who actually want to contribute and learn about what is occurring to their world and environment and propose thoughtful and intelligent questions to promote useful debate. There are at least 100 other posters who have contributed positively that deserve the attention that I am obviously wasting on you. So, very much like a mother has to ignore her crying baby in the corner from time to time so that the INFANT doesn't become spoiled, I will have to also enact this form of "tough love" on you. Bye little one.

Much love to all...

[edit on 9-6-2010 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by peggy m
reply to post by DangerDeath

A corporation is not just some entity acting all by itself. It is made up of individuals under the protection of a piece of paper with words on it. It still comes down to a person or group of people...not some idea that is pushed into being an entity.

I'm not so sure about that. Have you ever heard a phrase "logic dictates"?

Once you are in, you must follow "dictate", and, believe it or not, there is no one "above" (like man) who issues orders but the mentioned "logic" - that is corporation.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

This is just so sad. The ramifications will be felt for many years to come.

Here is, what I'm led to believe, is a ad from BP back in 1999. Almost prophetic...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/699339ffe2e7.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ByteChanger

You are correct, and, that ad is very interesting. After looking at it, I received an odd feeling from it that I can't quite explain. Very prophetic.

Thank you for your post my friend. I'm glad that there is another who cares for their environment.

Star from me...

Much love to all...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by aero56

Originally posted by beebs
Well, we done got fooled again. Not nearly as long as the last time, though.

I agree that this is a false flag just like 9/11.

But this time - lets get the truth out QUICK compared to 9/11.

It took almost ten years for the majority to wake up to 9/11.

We can't wait that long with this one.

Star and (real)Flag.

When the oil leak started, the first thing that came to my mind was "Dick Cheney". And come to think of it, I haven't seen or heard from him lately. Is he in an undisclosed location?

Lets hope he is in an undisclosed location, locked away in a very deep tunnel. But yeah, Mr. Dick Cheney. If there was ever a true case for possession, or a demon in the flesh of a human, then Dick Cheney certainly fits the bill. I'm not for sure if he was ever actually human to begin with. It makes me wonder whether he simply wakes up every morning and then puts on a brand new human suit so that he can walk among us without suspicion.

But seriously though...I haven't heard much from him either.

Much love to all...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Its just so sad seeing these guys rape the planet for their precious gold.

I truly hope these guys will suffer in one way or the other for doing this.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by chefc14
I was just watching the movie Knowing (2009) with Nicholas Cage. A few scenes before the plane crash he's watching the news. On the news show they're talking about an oil rig fire in the Gulf of Mexico. They show pics on the news of water being sprayed on the rig, no one dies on the rig in the movie but I thought it was odd because the entire movie is about the end of the world and Nicholas Cage having a coded list of events leading up to the end. Eek, are they telling us something?

its funny cause there seems to be lots of plane crashing and air signal mishaps as well

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Great job OP – star and flag for you. Thanks for the legwork you did on pulling these threads together.

I'm sure most people know about it, but I haven't seen anyone post it regarding the players involved in this fiasco, check out the profile for Peter Sutherland on NNDB:

Edit : "it" being the link to NNDB

www.nndb.com...

and then use the "mapper" feature at the bottom of the page. It doesn't take long to see some interesting connections…

[edit on 9-6-2010 by manonegro]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noobastronomer

Originally posted by chefc14
I was just watching the movie Knowing (2009) with Nicholas Cage. A few scenes before the plane crash he's watching the news. On the news show they're talking about an oil rig fire in the Gulf of Mexico. They show pics on the news of water being sprayed on the rig, no one dies on the rig in the movie but I thought it was odd because the entire movie is about the end of the world and Nicholas Cage having a coded list of events leading up to the end. Eek, are they telling us something?

its funny cause there seems to be lots of plane crashing and air signal mishaps as well

Yep, there seems to be a ton of disasters just popping up everywhere.
1. volcanoes
2. tornadoes
3. earthquakes
4. sinkholes
5. oil spills
6. natural gas explosions
7. wars and rumors thereof (Iran, N. Korea, Israel, Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan, yada yada yada)
8. Now we have some HUGE comet coming through.

Ughhhh.

Keep your heads up...

Much love to all...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by InOurNature

Indeed. I can agree with that. The way that I try to enhance my reality is by trying to contribute the the collective reality so that together, we can manifest an entirely different one. By posting information and attempting to raise the levels of awareness and consciousness, a new reality can begin.

So, lets make a positive difference here by collectively trying to manifest love and peace. If done correctly, we can do for the world what our leaders refuse to.

Much love to all...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by manonegro
Great job OP – star and flag for you. Thanks for the legwork you did on pulling these threads together.

I'm sure most people know about it, but I haven't seen anyone post it regarding the players involved in this fiasco, check out the profile for Peter Sutherland on NNDB:

Edit : "it" being the link to NNDB

www.nndb.com...

and then use the "mapper" feature at the bottom of the page. It doesn't take long to see some interesting connections…

[edit on 9-6-2010 by manonegro]

Thank you for the compliment and information. Yes, someone posted some information on Peter Sutherland a few pages ago. It was highly informative and gave me information that I had not yet come across.

much love to you and yours...

Much love to all...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Its just so sad seeing these guys rape the planet for their precious gold.

I truly hope these guys will suffer in one way or the other for doing this.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Copernicus]

Oh, suffer they will. Nothing is going unnoticed or unchecked by the Universe. This will backfire on them in a way that they wish would never happen.

Much love to all...

Thank you for your post.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Good thread. When I heard about this, and heard that Halliburton finished some maintenance just before the explosion I was instantly suspicious. Halliburton has hardly been mentioned in any media coverage, and I hope that the AG is investigating their involvement here. I instantly thought sabotage. WHY? They can wangle an open ended contract to clean up the mess. The right wingers immediately started calling it "Obama's Katrina". What better reasons do they need? They get a lot more money, and they tear down Obama. And don't forget who used to run Halliburton. BP is very well positioned financially to ride out this storm, and the bill will be at least 30-40 billion US$ before it is over, and it wouldn't surprise me if the total was 2-4x higher than that. What we are all seeing right before our very eyes is how mega-corps are going to do business in the future. What choice do we have but to pay for the cleanup operations and it is connected companies like Halliburton who will be there with their hands in the taxpayer's pockets. Too much power and money combined with the will to do evil are a very bad combination. Just look at how the bankers run Congress, disgusting.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
(repost)

I'm not sure where to post my question but I'll post it on every Oil Spill thread until I hear an answer.

Seeing the leak is gushing out at something like 10,000 pressure-pounds per square inch, it's safe to assume, nothing will be able to 'clog' it at this rate, right?
So my question is this: Why can't they re-bury it? I mean.....submerge this leaking pipe back into the Earth?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Thanks for putting all of this together for us.

Let's take all the discussion of was is intentional or wasn't it, and assume for the moment that the evidence points to deliberate sabotage by HAL and others...what now?

If they can get away with 9/11 and the wars that followed, they are sure as hell going to get away with this aren't they?

They surely own just about every major legal and political player in every state.
They surely own anyone that matters within the judiciary and prosecutors offices.

Their reach is long, and their pockets are very deep indeed..so what now?

If it ever did reach as far as a courtroom, and i don't see that happening in a million years, what good is it if they own the judge?

Did the mafia come to a decision a few decades ago that if you can't beat them, join them and called itself HAL? A criminal gang, which has successfully placed 'family' members in every position of influence and authority in America, including the very highest positions in government?

Sure seems like it to me.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
No offense EvolvedMinistry, but you can tell all of that from one little post from Rockpuck? I found your response to the post quite derogatory, and insulting. Maybe your response was more autobiographical than it was insightful? There wasn't a lot of "Love to all" in your response. Actually, after reading your response again the word hypocrite comes to mind... Yea I know, belittle and "Ignore" anyone who disagrees with you, that is "Open Mindedness", right.

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry

These straw man rebuttals don't work. The links only say that Haliburton bought a small fire response company, and that they preformed construction services at the well that was destroyed. But it says nothing of whether or not the fire company responded, or whether they have received any contracts for cleaning up the oil. Personally, I couldn't find anything that says they have. You accuse them of something, you're supposed to have proof or at the very least, very strong evidence.

Sigh...Sleep little one. Sleep. Its only a nightmare. And one day, you'll get the answers you so vehemently seek. But for now...patience.

If you look carefully, which you haven't...I have made NO CLAIMS in my Original Post, therefore your question which begs for precise numerical value on the profits that these companies have made has no merit. (OOPS) You kind of hung yourself with that rope.

This thread posed information and asked others to look at the information I provided to see if "THEY COULD SEE A BIGGER PICTURE." Therefore, I was looking for collaboration and answers from those who read and contributed to the thread. So ultimately, since no claims were made, there's no inherent need to answer, or even entertain your line of questioning, when I was the one posing the question to begin with. Only a fool would attempt to definitively answer a question meant to bait a person into a false answer by placing a number on something that might be immeasurable. You didn't think that I knew what you were doing...did you??? Very predictable. However, I entertained your tactic and answered your attempt at a trap with patience and love despite the immaturity of the question itself. And since this thread was done in a hypothetical manner while presenting information and posing questions from the sources listed, it OBVIOUSLY begs that others delve a little deeper to find the answers that those who are concerned for their environment seek. So far, EVERYONE on this thread has figured this out except YOU. Which means, you're the only one demonstrating, or proposing a "Straw man argument," when there was no "Argument" to begin with. DIG??? This may be quite demonstrative of your combative nature. Again, there are more than enough children with the "Playground bully mentality" on these forums that will meet you at the door any day. I am not one of them. Why don't you try Cass Sundance and Company??? They're always lurking around here looking for a war. If you don't know to whom I am referring, then you obviously must be new to ATS.

You are so desperately in need of the attention that someone may not have provided for you early in life, that you seek attention by promoting negativity. I'm sorry Rockpuck, I cannot give, nor fulfill that need in your life right now. This forum is not a daycare, nor is it meant for immaturity. If you cannot follow simple logic at this more mature stage in your life, then I simply don't have the time to recap, or teach that grade school math to you,...that unfortunate job was left for your parents who obviously failed you miserably. It's a pity isn't it??? No wonder the U.S. ranks so low in education in comparison to the rest of the developed and industrialized countries. Right now I'm looking at that sad fact just from reading your ridiculous posts. I'm sorry, but if your intent is merely to have me lower my IQ and logic to fit your mediocre standard of operation so that you can understand the basics, then I'm positive that our conversation has already dropped to the lowest level it possibly could. I can't speak any slower or spell it out for you any better. However, I heard that "Hooked on Phonics" was a successful program. You might want to give it a whirl.

If you cannot find proof that you ask within the several reputable sources provided, then you might be illiterate or have an undeniable problem with skimming. This is a problem that I cannot address for you. In order to identify a problem, one has to come to a certain "acceptance" stage about their malfunction in order to address its cause. It is clear that you're still in denial, therefore, NOTHING CAN BE DONE without a serious breakthrough, THERAPY, or powerful psychotropic drugs (you may require a combination of all of them). But please, don't try to make your weakness mine, or spread your negativity to others who have surpassed your level long ago (that would include everyone on this thread). As it is, critical thought is a rarity in this country, and as you know, one bad apple can ruin the whole bunch. That's unbecoming and selfish.

For the most part, this is a positive thread, and for one who is polarized negatively (YOU), I'm sure it can be quite painful to see so many working together and getting along in a community that is sharing consciousness and information for a greater cause. I guess you somehow feel excluded, but again, these aren't issues that can be solved on a forum that is addressing a different issue.

Ignore...

Bye my child, and thank you so much for revealing yourself. My time is better spent serving those who actually want to contribute and learn about what is occurring to their world and environment and propose thoughtful and intelligent questions to promote useful debate. There are at least 100 other posters who have contributed positively that deserve the attention that I am obviously wasting on you. So, very much like a mother has to ignore her crying baby in the corner from time to time so that the INFANT doesn't become spoiled, I will have to also enact this form of "tough love" on you. Bye little one.

Much love to all...

[edit on 9-6-2010 by CaptAvatar]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Here's an article that is a link of a link that I posted.

It talks about the profits that Halliburton stands to gain by the clean-up effort.

www.examiner.com...

This would also make a bit of sense of why it took so long for someone to attempt to begin the clean-up effort.

If the government was haggling with Halliburton over how much they would pay Halliburton to clean the spill after they created it, then the delay was done in the "board rooms" as a result of negotiations for pricing. Hence, the reason why it took SO LONG for them to begin the process.

This is the same garbage that happened in Hurricane Katrina when Mayor Nagin and the Governor were stalling because they didn't want to sell away the New Orleans land rights to Bush and wealthy business contractors who would rebuild the properties, raising property values, and making it too expensive for the previous tenants to afford.

As opposed to paying these fools for anything, Halliburton should have offered it up for free after their grandiose "error." However, this very point is what leads me to believe that it was intentional in the first place. What kind of company would expect to get paid for fixing a mistake that they made in the first place??? If you ask me, this is an example of governmental "Blackmail." If Halliburton and BP choose not to do the clean-up after this supposed "accident" that they created, and Halliburton owns the ONLY clean-up company that could do the job effectively (BOOTS-N-COOTS), then the federal government is forced into hiring Halliburton out of necessity and for the sake of preventing further environmental catastrophe, or else face the consequences of a worse disaster by not hiring them. Its a monumental squeeze that forces the hand of the government to hire Halliburton because of their monopoly on the clean-up effort...regardless of fault. Had Halliburton not purchased Boots-N-Coots, Boots-N-Coots would have gotten that contract privately due to their ties with international developers. This way, Halliburton eliminates the competition, especially with their ties to the military industrial complex which is responsible for a good portion of the American economy.

Again, Halliburton did this same exact thing to Australia and profited quite heavily. It seems that they are effectively gaining profits from creating the disasters and then forcing the victims of the disasters to pay for their errors.

All in all, this is a clever design, but one of the most evil designs ever invented.

Much love to all...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptAvatar
No offense EvolvedMinistry, but you can tell all of that from one little post from Rockpuck? I found your response to the post quite derogatory, and insulting. Maybe your response was more autobiographical than it was insightful? There wasn't a lot of "Love to all" in your response. Actually, after reading your response again the word hypocrite comes to mind... Yea I know, belittle and "Ignore" anyone who disagrees with you, that is "Open Mindedness", right.

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry

Ignore...

Much love to all...

Did you read all of the exchanges between us, or did you take the final exchange and forge your opinion from that??? I answered his initial question with intellect and care, after of which he called me a LIAR for presenting information that was not written by me, but by the authors of the links and the stories that I provided which all came from reputable sources. He then proceeded to say that I needed to provide proof of the EXACT DOLLAR amount that Halliburton, Goldman Sachs, and the CEO of BP made when they sold their shares of the stocks before the spill (which isn't listed in any of these articles, nor is it information made available to the public), otherwise I was misrepresenting information and lying about the links themselves. ??? What kind of mentality is that??? Doesn't really make sense, especially when I posed the information in a "What if" scenario which was blatantly asking for ATS help in determining the "Bigger picture." If this is what you choose to defend, then I would propose that you might be as lost as he is.

If you found it insulting, then there's not much that I can do to rectify it for you. However, I would be more impressed if you would stay on topic and address the thread as it exists. Otherwise, you are in violation of terms and conditions, and if this behavior continues, I am not above hitting the report button.

Now that the exchange between he and I are over, there's no excuse to continue the negativity...is there??? If you find me to be hypocritical, then that is your opinion and yours alone. So far, everyone here with the exception of two people (you and him) have had positive contributions to 11 pages of this thread regardless of agreement or disagreement. You were the first to begin your post with a derogatory statement of which I have not reciprocated. You might want to entertain the fact that you began your post with aggression, regardless if you think you're a white knight defending the plight of the insulted. This thread is about an OIL SPILL, not about playground bully tactics and your opinions of my responses to people who intend to be difficult for the sake for their own ego. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Again, this is not a daycare, and I would prefer to keep things on topic.

Bye...

Much love to all...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by One Moment

Good question.

Why not dump millions of tonnes of cement on top of it?

Or another idea would be to ring the gusher with a circular huge skirt, weighed down with massive concrete weights at the bottom, and have it extend all the way up from the bottom to the surface?

The weights will anchor the encircling skirt to the bottom, and a sealed but flexible tube of tough PVC, or other oil-proof, tough but relatively lightweight material will extend from the bottom all the way up, where the oil will collect and be pumped out.

The surface of the massive material tube, would be reinforced with rods, to maintain the circular shape, and have very large floats attached some way under the top on the surface to ensure the top lip doesn't go under the sea, and allow oil to spill out. Floats positioned around the top perimeter would be placed so around 15-20 feet of the material tube would be above the surface, to avoid oil sloshing out.

It will take many thousands of meters of material to make the skirt, but it could be done relatively cheaply and quickly.

If need be, a circle of tug boats could be used to maintain the tubes position relative to the leak.

Simple solution.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Thats a well laided out OP.. And I give you a star and a flag for your effort. At first my mind went into auto mode. I denied the feeling I was getting.. I was thinking to myself, "No, they wouldn't do this on purpose." This one is just to BIG! Still half of me still thinks this is a mistake..
But my mistake is that I put to much faith into people. Sometimes I have a hard time dealing with the true evils of this world.

I live in Clearwater beach.. And I am EXTREAMLY touchy about "my" beaches.. I love this area, and I love the ocean! I have always been dead set verse them doing off shore drilling for this very reason!
"If they ever *&#@#@ up my beaches I swear to GOD."
Well now its well upon its way here!
Its not here yet.. And Clearwater is suffering from the oil that isnt even here yet.. But thats besides the point.. Its out there in "my" gulf Screwing up the eco system, and killing the fishlife, killing the fishermans lively hood.
But these Oil men don't give a good God Damn aobut us.. I know this..
But to do something this big on purpouse! I have a hard time getting my head around it.. But its because we are built this way.. and we are brainwashed to think this way..

So I will leave this up for true debate! This one is another 911, and a whole new research and cover ups to get into..
I don't know if I can stomach another conspiracy of this size..
Its bothersome, and I live off the Coast of the Gulf..
It makes me mad, but what good does that do us now?
It does no good to make off the cuff comments, or blast those who is at fault..
They need to get their arses out there and fix this mother right NOW!
Lets get it fixed, then worry about who is to blame, and what cover ups are being laided out..

Thats my 2 cents right now.. more later after this is fixed..
And really fixed.. Not just sweep under the rug.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join