It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM beginning the disclosure of UFOs?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I personally love disclosure threads! I find them intresting and refreshing when they bring up updated information or new news articles. Im waiting for disclosure, good or bad I would like the truth but as one poster said.... No matter what they say..how will we know what they are saying is the truth? Even if Aliens were to announce their presence, how would we know they are telling us the truth? .... There will always be skeptisim even when it does happen... If they were to come out and say "omg the aliens are gonna EAT US! WE MUST SHOOT AND KILL ALL OF THEM!" How would we know that the government isnt manipulating us to hurt them for the governments advantage? If they were to say, "Oh there is no need to worry, they are here to help us." How would we know they arent letting us know the truth about them being hostile to keep order? Or if they are in cohoots with the aliens to destroy most of mankind for whatever power struggle reasons? ............... The world will never know...... LOL

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Why upset the status-quo? I want disclosure too, but I just don't see a reason for it to come voluntarily. Anyone who cares enough about it already knows that huge numbers of high-ranking military and government officials have admitted to this kind of stuff, and UFO's have been documented throughout history. The rest of the population doesn't care, but a number of them would undoubtedly freak out if they knew what's going on. So, why swat a hornets nest when you could just do nothing and keep them in the dark?

That also means that you could go find the smoking gun, and quite a number of people will just dismiss it as a hoax instantly, without even a clue as to the facts of the matter. People believe what they want to believe, and the fear of the unknown (and/or the more powerful) can play a big part of that.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bonsaisert

You ask why a believer requires disclosure. That is like asking a rape victim why they want thier attacker to be found guilty. Its not good enough that people know what they know, they want everyone to know it so that it can never be hidden again, so that they can move on with the next phase of thier existance. Baring in mind that belief in UFO and certainly membership of this very website has been grounds for dismissal from employment , it could be very important for a lot of people.
Think about all the contactees and abductees around the earth. Some have been boxed into the status set of loonies and nutjobs, just because of thier belief in aliens, and what happened to them. If those things are proven, by the word of presidents and leaders world wide, then people will have no choice but to change thier perspective on believers round the world. No more will scientists scoff at them, nor townsfolk petition for their incarceration in a mental institute .
Others round the world have kept thier experiences largely to themselves for fear of public ridicule, preasured by circumstances and responsibility , into a silence which crushes their sense of reality , makes them crazy , and isolates them from others, even though all they need is for the truth to be known widely, so that they can escape the bonds of so called normalcy and speak thier own truth.
Most of all the truth must be widely known because it is the truth. If thier is a greater reason for its telling, I would like to know what it is because I havent found one yet.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by TrueBrit]

<< 1   >>

join