It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM beginning the disclosure of UFOs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
First, I'd like to reference any debunkers to www.abovetopsecret.com... it's a very good thread with quotes from many reputable people on the subject of UFOs.

It seems as of late the mainstream media is beginning to mention UFOs more and more often. My personal forum for receiving my news is FOXNews, and, it seems nearly each week there's a new story on the subject. Today, there was a link that brought me to www.aolnews.com... .

Now, this is one of the leading scientists today with a list of credentials longer than I care to write. He's brushed shoulders with some of the brightest minds of our generation and he's calling the government's cover up of UFOs the "Cosmic Watergate," going as far as to say SETI is involved with the cover up.

I can't say anything for CNN or MSNBC, as they don't match my political views, but, it seems the MSM is starting to get the world ready for a full disclosure type event. Don't believe me? With 7.5 thousand votes on a poll accompanying the article I linked, these are the current results.

"Do you believe the government is hiding information from the public about UFOs and ETs?
Definitely. 71%
No way. 19%
I know for a fact ETs are among us. 10%"

An astounding 81% of people that partook in the poll believe UFOs and ETs are in fact real and have been hidden from us. Granted, this isn't the most accurate poll, as it's only a small percentage of the world, and, it's only the people that were intrigued enough by UFOs to read the story, but, with only 19% of people placing their faith in the government's word, is this a sign that we are desensitized enough to UFOs that were disclosure to happen, that there wouldn't be the feared worldwide hysteria that would be the reasoning behind hiding it from us in the first place?

I hope my path of thought is the right one, but, it certainly seems to me that we are well on our way to the truth.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
OMG "Is your thread here a warning sign that disclosure is going to happen soon?"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I don't see what that thread has anything to do with mine. I put forth valid points about the mainstream media bringing attention to UFOs. Just because you made a thread whining about disclosure threads doesn't mean they are all duplicates. If you don't like disclosure threads, there's a simple solution: Don't click.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dephyle

Oh don't get me wrong your thread is different because your thread is getting into how the MSM is covering more UFOs today than they used to and more people are starting to believe, even prominent scientists are starting to say ufos are real.
It is by far very original and i do not think i have seen anything like this ever. So yes this one is different because it goes over points that have previously not been brought up.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Ever notice how the newscasters usually laugh.roll there eyes and giggle...that's years of cover-ups and brainwashing that went in to those giggles...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dephyle

Thankyou Op for such a great read.

Starred and flagged

P.s disclosure will happen the question we should be asking is are they going to disclose what we want to hear.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by True-seer
reply to post by Dephyle

Thankyou Op for such a great read.

Starred and flagged

P.s disclosure will happen the question we should be asking is are they going to disclose what we want to hear.

This would imply that it's not just "disclosure" that your after but disclosure which specifically discloses what you already believe to be true...

If this is the case then why even bother with the disclosure? You've already made your mind up.

Remain Vigilant

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I have to agree with Zaiger here. It seems every day someone has got it figured
out, and thinks they have uncovered this plan for disclosure. They post a thread,
that simply regurgitates previous ides and theories into one that's is fresh to
themselves.

OP, just wondering why you didn't search for existing threads that are covering
exactly what you are saying and add there. Do you truly find that you tapped
into an area that's never been considered or talked about here?

If so, you'd be wrong. But that's ok we all make mistakes.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bonsaisert

what i meant in an easy to understand way is what if they disclose what we want to hear but it turns out the that the truth is unbearable

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by True-seer
reply to post by bonsaisert

what i meant in an easy to understand way is what if they disclose what we want to hear but it turns out the that the truth is unbearable

Disclosing what we want to hear is not exactly disclosure, now is it?
Disclosing the truth as unbearable as it is , would be disclosure.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This kind of thing goes almost in cycles... We've seen UFO's hyped up in the MSM plenty of times before (typically when a mainstream movie features them, etc.). Happened in every decade...so the longer you've been around, the more you've seen this all before.

Thing is, assuming the aliens and the government are keeping this secret, they obviously both have a good reason to do so for over half a century. That said, the ONLY way there would be disclosure, is if that act would somehow benefit one party or the other. So, if there isn't anything to gain from it (and worse yet, something to lose)....then we simply won't see disclosure...

(and, assuming someone tries it), there are a myriad of ways to first discredit the person, and then discredit any of their claims...even if they showed you a live alien, right on national tv.... The next day, they'd come on the air with a costume, etc., and say it was all bogus....at least that's what I would do, if I were covering up).

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Oh
My bad then, I guess. I still don't much seeing the point in your posting the link to your thread

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

I did a search, the most recent one I found talking about MSM covering UFOs was from 2008. I thought it was about time for an updated thread, if you can find a more recent one, please, post it and I'll admit this thread moot.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

yes it would but i'm sure they would be a number of us who would regret asking for it depending on the info.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It's surprising how often these off-the-cuff online polls are flawed:

"Do you believe the government is hiding information from the public about UFOs and ETs?
Definitely. 71%
No way. 19%
I know for a fact ETs are among us. 10%"

Notice how selection 3 doesn't answer the question? What if you believe 1 and 3, which do you choose? How about 2 and 3? You might think the government is hiding nothing, but personally you were taken on a ride to Venus. What nincompoops make these polls up anyway?

BTW, after waiting 45 years for disclosure (since I was 10) I don't think there will be disclosure. But I solidly predict there will be more disclosure threads.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dephyle
It seems as of late the mainstream media is beginning to mention UFOs more and more often.

It's called "Summer," when more kids are out of school, and the networks traditionally crank up the amount of human interest fluff they broadcast (as if they weren't working at full capacity).

It has nothing to do with disclosure, it has to do with ratings.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
BTW, after waiting 45 years for disclosure (since I was 10) I don't think there will be disclosure. But I solidly predict there will be more disclosure threads.

I'm right there with you. In my 40+ years of interest in the subject, I also have yet to see any disclosure. Now I won't believe any that pop up, because I've been lied to way too much. It's all lies.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

You're focusing on the wrong part of the poll. Everything you said is true, but, what I was trying to call attention to was that the people that voted the first choice and the third choice believe to some extent that aliens and UFOs are a reality.

The fact that this poll was on AOL news and linked from the leading MSM news network is what I found interesting, not so much that polls are easily manipulated to show what the creators want to be seen. Though, that also brings up the point that if this poll was truly put there to show a manipulated agenda, why would a MSM outlet want the people to see that a majority accept that there is a likelihood that life outside of Earth is a possibility.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dephyle

Sure, I follow what you're saying. I'm focusing on the wrong thing as far as your thread's intent, but I'm focusing on the right thing as far as pointing out that these polls are erroneously constructed all the time. I don't think the person responsible for this one has the intelligence to be manipulative.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by King Triad
Ever notice how the newscasters usually laugh.roll there eyes and giggle...that's years of cover-ups and brainwashing that went in to those giggles...

Yes they downplay any UFO case and give you a very little bit of the story. Like the phoenix lights they did not mention the boomerang being seen on approach over AZ. They will have some special now and then and give you peanuts of something so it appears to the viewer there is very little raising doubts to said story. But this is part of the misinformation plan and agenda all along.

As for Disclosure

Sounds good and this is progress with scientist coming forward and military brass speaking out becoming pro active. I remain optimistic. But this is more of the same talk and mind set of "we want to be saved" in all the problems we face today. Wishful thinking and hoping. The only disclosure we will ever see is forced disclosure and we are no where near that. With the Greer obama briefing things have gone south.. economy, the health care bill , now this Oil disaster. Too much on the table and major setbacks. If there was any foreseeable disclosure of any kind on part of this administration it must be on the back burner right now. DO NOT EXPECT DISCLOSURE!

Or as Robert dean said

Obam has a stack op papers so high outside his door, he can hardly open the door to get by

Do not wait around for it or hold you're breath. Disclosure is happening around the world but we get a hundreds of thousands of declassified documents and case reports to sift through in chasing our own tail. YES they are admitting aliens exist and have been here all around the world. But The compartmentalization within the military industrial complex is so complex and safeguarded it would take years of shakedowns by the administration to get to the peas and carrots of it.

Realistically speaking exopolitics is the conundrum. And for those running the show within the black projects would have to have some immunity first in order to cooperate. SO.. if we get a full scale disclosure i do not see the USA doing it, there are too many complications. BUT if we get a full scale disclosure it would have to be a G8 country spilling the beans.

End of Rant....

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Unknown Soldier]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join