It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US charges David Hicks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
My opinion on it... and its just an opinion. al Qaeda isn't going to waste their time with a single hostage. This is an organization that carried out the 9-11 attacks. There is nothing glorious about putting all the effort necessary to maintain a hostage. With the battle going on against the US. With all the crap they can blow up and all the US equipment they can destory do you really think they are going to mess with one single civilian?

If it isn't the US that is responsible for Berg people should consider that its simply a group of thugs getting caught up in this kill and videotape crap. Heck everyone else is killing. This is their chance at fame. This would be something that copycats would do. Would a person notorious for robbing banks bother trying to steal quarters from a coke machine?

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Further...
"SOME of the charges against alleged Australian terrorist David Hicks had been "plucked out of thin air" and were "ludicrous", his father said yesterday."
www.news.com.au...

Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
What exactly are the motives for al Queda? Are they against the government or the people? I thought they attacked the people as a consequence to the government? They embrace certain members of the West who share their ideals and want to fight with them. How do they treat such members who are not willing to fight?

I'm just questioning the supposed intentions of al Queda since certain members claim to be very familiar with this organization. Maybe you can enlighten me, jsobecky?

The motives of al Qaeda are to wipe out the west, whom they have deemed their mortal enemy.

Embrace certain members of the West who share their ideals? Surely you jest - you can't be that naive. USE, yes. Embrace, hah!

How do they treat members who are not willing to fight? You mean like the 3 year old girl that was with her mother on one of the planes that crashed into the WTC?

How did they treat that little girl, Jamuhn? Maybe you can enlighten us to the point where we begin to share your sympathy for al Qaeda.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
jsobecky:

The motives of al Qaeda are to wipe out the west, whom they have deemed their mortal enemy.

Really? See, I was under the impression they wanted:

1) All foreign troops off of holy soil (Saudi Arabia)
2) A resolution to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict
3) For the Western world to stop meddling in Islamic governments affairs
4) The overthrow of the Saud regime in Saudi Arabia

NOT to "wipe out the West". Why would they bomb Saudi Arabia if it was to "wipe out the west". You've been watching too much FOX NEWS.

How did they treat that little girl, Jamuhn? Maybe you can enlighten us to the point where we begin to share your sympathy for al Qaeda.

How the heck is it sympathy for Al Qaeda when I, or anyone else, says that this guy Hicks is being railroaded?

Your world is black and white, our world is gray. Our world is the real one, not sure where yours is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join