It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science proves beer goggles really do exist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
When i was going through a stage of on line dating, most of my dates would result in me getting pretty leathered. The advantage was that as the night wore on, I some how managed to fit the face of my date to a celebrity that they may of only had the slightest resemblence to. It's just a shame when you wake up in the morning, hung over, lying next to someone you dont remember looking like they did last night. Taxi

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

Over their dead bodies. That's a good laugh for me today. Thanks.

I don't need a scientific investigation to let me know about beer goggles. Got my first experience in 10th grade. Gasp, when I saw who I had been with, the next day, I thought, no way!!! But, apparantly she had much more beer than me, since I heard a few days later she said, "What? You gotta be kidding me. With him?"

Last fall at a reunion of classmates, I was looking through a yearbook and saw a photo of the gal. And I thought, hey, she was kind of cute. Yeah, I was wearing the goggles again.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Don't need no stinking science to tell me what I already am too aware of...LMAO
I have a cheapy Oakley pair of beer goggles I got from the local swap meet.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I hate to spoil any surprises for anybody, but next week this same group of scientists is going to release another ground breaking study that says men lie to women in order to get sex.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

Hi!

Ssssshhhhh!

Second line (Keep quiet!) And by the way.... this is implausible!

Peace!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

We really need to silence these clowns now.
second line

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The homeliest woman
Can look like a queen
When you're drunk
And you don't hesitate
So take my advice
And be sure and look twice
And don't make that drunken mistake

... George Hawkes of The Dusty Chaps

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

hey Wave I had an aussie girl come north to visit,
she drank double JD and Coke with a twist
I guess I should fear the worst eh?

ah she was aussum

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I always knew I was ahead of the times. This time: Science.

I knew about 28 years ago. That is when I conducted my first experiment!

Which usually ended up in bad endings....

But, I kept on experimenting-for years even. Spent A LOT of money on R&D-with not much change in the end result (typically the biggest change in the experiments was the particiapants-oddly enough).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3d9cd63e2c42.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Anyone who believes that beer goggles don't exist obviously doesn't drink enough!

2nd line

[edit on 8/6/10 by Insomniac]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
When i was going through a stage of on line dating, most of my dates would result in me getting pretty leathered. The advantage was that as the night wore on, I some how managed to fit the face of my date to a celebrity that they may of only had the slightest resemblence to. It's just a shame when you wake up in the morning, hung over, lying next to someone you dont remember looking like they did last night. Taxi

So you never went to bed with an ugly woman but woke up with a few? I always suspected I knew how that could happen, but now science proves what we already suspected!

Kind of like the study that spent $37,000 on the odor of sweat and concluded that it smells bad, it's kind of nice to have science tell us what we already knew, but kind of expensive too!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

Hi,

Why did I know that Australians might somehow find this thread...well... understandable??

Great link

Peace!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

As long as she wasn't a Wombat? (For non Aussies - this is a strange animal that eats, roots and leaves).

Speaking of Australian wildlife - how much can a Koala bear?

Sorry!

Peace!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Hi,

Even at 60 I'm still experimenting - usually try it the other way but - try at get them p... sorry, merry (plastereed first) the only hope!

I'm sure this was suposed to be a serious thread....?

Peace!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Hi,

Well on occasion went ot bed with a really strange looking woman...and woke up with the same.... somehow I was always on the floor though....!

On topic....

Whatever it was.... ah yes...women are unfathan....unfathommma..... pretty deep.”

Peace!

[edit on 8-6-2010 by The Wave]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This isn't funny. It is just dumb.
It's one of those "no #" things that make you wonder who bothered to fund such a pointless study and why?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Once again Mythbusters beat you to it
en.wikipedia.org...

Was a fun episode also. I recommend looking it up on youtube and watching if you missed it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join