It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudden Sinkhole Outbreak Raises Fear in China

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Where'd ya get that second pic from the top? I tried googling for it but no joy.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Vincent84

Hey dude. There is a thread about this!!!! :www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbon
Here is another link (from 2002) to Earlham College explaining the processes that cause sinkholes.

Sinkholes

These boogers are well understood and have been ocurring for a long time. However, the Aryans may have just put there escape pods in high carbonate rock just so that we wouldn't notice when they all start leaving the planet.....just sayin

Well according to the article... Theree may very well be a collective reason here...

Since the bedrock in karst areas are typically limestone or dolostone, a reaction occurs with rainwater (which percolates down into the groundwater system). This reaction occurs because the water is mildly acidic (McKenzie et al, 2000). Carbonic acid, the most common acid in water, forms when water and carbon dioxide combine in the atmosphere (Carving Canada, 1995). Once the water reaches the bedrock, the chemical reaction begins. The acid then dissolves the carbonate minerals through this reaction:

CaCO3 + H2CO3 => Ca+2 + 2HCO3 -1
(Formula from McKenzie et al, 2000)

Now what could cause an increase in this such that there would be many more sinkholes occurring?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I would say natural gas thats shooting out of the oil spill + the volcano + everything else we have already added with the rain to cause more of this acid rain.

Or the Gaia is upset and DoomKitty is a pouncing.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
"Out there" theory incoming! You've been warned.

Aliens have been mining every planet with useful minerals in our solar system for centuries, except one. The problem with Earth is that it has semi-intelligent creatures living on it, and mining from underneath them without their permission would break galactic laws.

So they went to our governments, and they got their permission, the governments will have to deal with the public backlash, that's their problem. They extracted the useful minerals they needed through the bottom of our oceans, and in return they gave some low level tech to the governments.

BP oil spill was to cover up a mining site.
Sinkholes appearing all over the world are a result of the mining done under our very noses.

There isn't enough resources left on Earth (or in our solar system) to provide us with the means to become an inter-stellar travelling race anymore. Hence, we are living in the end-times.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Who knows what the Chinese have been doing to their landscape ? These are the people who put melamine into baby food

But --- it's all grist for the mill when it comes to the doom and gloomers

The US is no stranger to sink-holes. You Tube is full of them

There are numerous logical and natural explanations for sink-holes. To those, we add the constant interference of humans with their dams and subterannean bores, trillions of miles of underground pipes to siphon away the results of civilization. Result: every now and then, the upper layers collapse -- which has been going on since the planet began anyway

Although, having said that, the two enormous Guatamalan sink holes in the past couple of years have been spectacular and creepy

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Pixus

The Anunnaki came here 450,000 years ago to mine for gold. They even combined some of their DNA with that of Homo Erectus to create some semi-intelligent workers. The reason why all this upset is happening to the Earth is that Nibiru is returning. It's gravity is affecting all the inner planets.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SassyCat
reply to post by boo1981

Where'd ya get that second pic from the top? I tried googling for it but no joy.

I went on google and put in the search bar "sinkholes from around the world" and clicked on images.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

The lowering of water's PH could have something to do with fossil fuel emmisions such as sulfur dioxide and carbon causing carbonic acid.

I would expect China to be especially vulnerable to this with their rapid growth of late and poor regulation.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

These sinkholes don't look the same but they still look dangerous. I would hate to have that happen to me while I'm driving.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Hmmmm. .. more sinkholes ay?

I'm betting these occur due to all the things we take from the Earth.... wouldnt surprise me one bit....

Recent sinkholes in Hillsborough and Polk counties have been attributed, in part, to heavy pumping of groundwater by farmers trying to protect their crops from freezing during unseasonably cold weather in early January.

The above quote from the TBO website showing recent sinkholes in Florida.

So yes, seems like taking water, oil, gas from underground leaves an unsupported space that can subsequently collapse.

China, especially, has been going through a severe drought throughout much of the country. Drought in the country is a real problem.

On to the Gulf oil leak.........I had heard some "expert" on the news say that while pumping oil out, they pump water back in? And I had assumed it was to keep the areas from collapsing after extracting the liquid that was supporting a dome type effect?

If this is indeed the case, what is going to happen in the Gulf? Could a collapse occur down there after enough oil leaks out?

God Bless

Sezsue

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
THIS IS WHY THERE ARE SINKHOLES (PREPARE!!!!!!'

www.youtube.com...

This is happening right now under us....

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
When I was a kid we used to dig holes in the back yard and joke about digging to China. It looks like someone finally made it all the way.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
What astounds me is that people still think there is nothing strange occcurring on our planet and that everything is absolutely fine. Well sorry to break it to you people but thats not the case, the more we rape and pillage this earth the quicker our demise.

We are supposed to be the caretakers of this planet and instead of looking after it and nurturing it until the owners comes back we are destroying it with our evil GREEDY ways.

Deny ignorance

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
these recent holes remind me very much of the phenomenon of which mel's hole is an example. those are obviously older, and more, um, integrated, but there could be a link.

mel waters on coast to coast

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

They are beautiful, what is that third one?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Thanks for the OP. From what I've read and seen I wonder if the sinkholes and the active Icelandic volcanoes plus the fact the magnetic poles movement speeding up, all points to an actual pole shift! I mean the whole Earth could be readying to flip or flop on it's side. Ancient rocks that have had their magnetic bearings frozen into them from the past say this has happened numerous times in the past. Again with the north pole picking up and really moving fast now from Canada towards Siberia at an incredible rate sure is a sign of something! Be careful folks and being prepared for things is generally a good idea anyways! Take care!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Sucking water out of wells for irragateing and then returning the water to the nearest river to then have it go into the ocean leaves cavities in the ground that eventially dry up to the point it collapses. Irragation and farming created civilization but the drainage we use which sends that water to the oceans will destroy it.

Oil is another issue this big earth motor we have is having its natural lube and heat absorber robbed from it. They suck the oil out and remove the lubercant for the earth and create dry spots where plate shifts become major earthquakes due to the removal of the oil.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join