It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudden Sinkhole Outbreak Raises Fear in China

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Sudden Sinkhole Outbreak Raises Fear in China

www.theepochtimes.com

While the Guatemalans are wondering if the giant sinkhole formed on June 1 in their capital city is an isolated case, on the other side of the globe, the Chinese have discovered at least eight sinkholes that suddenly formed in the past two weeks across their country, and many more have appeared during the past two months.

The latest known sinkhole formed at 12:25 a.m. Beijing time on June 4, in the middle of a freeway in Zhejiang Province on the nation’s eastern coast. The sinkhole measured 20 feet deep and 27 feet wide.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Hey Ats.

Anyone know what is causing the fenomenon of sinkholes.
Iv'e read the article and thought first i almost never hear about the things, and know there spreading over China.

I don't know what they are excactly but i think its pretty strange.
Like to hear what you people think of this all.

Peace and loves Vincent

www.theepochtimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Vincent84

it does seem strange and starrts to open a conspiracy mind thought for me, but with matters pertaining to events like these we need to remeber this sort of stuff has happened forever, and will continue to do so, but on this planet at these times communication around the world is pretty fraggin fast so it may seem like an alarming amount but it just may be that we aree getting more word about the m now then other times, but who knows mybe its haarp or something lol. or cia spooks in these other countries leaving water hoses on so the limestone deteriorates under enemys feet lol major typos thanks for pushin throught it

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It gives me the creeps in that it is reminiscent of the film 2012 when the ground starts to cave and there were little warning signs before that something was amiss.

However, I'm more inclined to think this is something that happens everywhere throughout history and we only see 'more' due to the growth of media and the internet. So it appears to be more of a problem that it really is.

Either way, it is interesting to say the least. Thanks for sharing. I don't want to rule anything out at this point.

[edit on 6/8/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
While sinkholes may be common, I see no harm in questioning the sudden appearance of so many in different parts of the world.

IS it soemthing to worry about? Is it in reality a rise in occurance, or just hyped media attention as the above poster suggested?

Until someone asks those questions and seriously investigates it, we won't know. I for one am paying more attention to these types of things in the news. So long as you look at it scientifically I see no harm in doing so.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Vincent84

Hmmmm. .. more sinkholes ay?

I'm betting these occur due to all the things we take from the Earth.... wouldnt surprise me one bit....

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
One word:
Cthulhu

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
It gives me the creeps in that it is reminiscent of the film 2012 when the ground starts to cave and there were little warning signs before that something was amiss.

However, I'm more inclined to think this is something that happens everywhere throughout history and we only see 'more' due to the growth of media and the internet. So it appears to be more of a problem that it really is.

Either way, it is interesting to say the least. Thanks for sharing.

More and more are leaning toward the Expanding Earth Theory as there are more fossil fuel explosions... and now sinkholes....

Wait for it....

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComedian
One word:
Cthulhu

Three words:

God bless you.

No, I didn't actually think you sneezed... the world is changing, you will need it.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

That makes three threads today that I have been in where I have reiterated my concern for what may possibly be going on with the Earth's crust. Oil leaks, gas line leaks, sinkholes. Just the beginning? I hope not.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Gotta say it;

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Oww you got me started now

So ive had a little look into sinkholes and found these amazing pictures from around the world

And when i did a search for sinkholes this year i found this site....

www2.tbo.com...

more than 100 sinkholes recorded this year in Hillsborough, Polk and Pasco counties by the Florida Geological Survey.

[edit on 8/6/10 by boo1981]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
While sinkholes may be common, I see no harm in questioning the sudden appearance of so many in different parts of the world.

IS it soemthing to worry about? Is it in reality a rise in occurance, or just hyped media attention as the above poster suggested?

Until someone asks those questions and seriously investigates it, we won't know. I for one am paying more attention to these types of things in the news. So long as you look at it scientifically I see no harm in doing so.

I totally agree.

These thing definately need checking out ... a lot of things on the planet that are relatively common seem to be coming 'more' frequent ... or bigger ... or stronger.

And it makes me so mad when the 'usual suspects' try to dismiss these incidents before proper testing/research has been carried-out to confirm such one way or the other.

Woody

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

These thing definately need checking out ... a lot of things on the planet that are relatively common seem to be coming 'more' frequent ... or bigger ... or stronger.

I think the other cliche argument of "it's just the flow of information is faster than before" is another blanket statement (no offense to the person who said it in this thread
). The flow of info has been pretty fast and intense for the last several years yet in just that last TWO MONTHS we've been hearing seemingly similar stories regarding instances where the Earth's crust could be showing signs of some very odd behavior. You can't always chalk it up to the increased flow of information without also considering that there may actually be some type of phenomenon happening right now.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
[edit on 8-6-2010 by super genius]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

You forgot these images of the guatamala sinkhole 31 of may this year.

This link gets to a gallary of pictures.
www.leaderpost.com...

I see that more people are finding it a little strange that these this are happening now.
Anybody read my treath of the Northsea oil leak?

Keeps me thinking.

The Earth is changing and at the end i think it will be a positive thing.

Peace and loves.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Here is another link (from 2002) to Earlham College explaining the processes that cause sinkholes.

Sinkholes

These boogers are well understood and have been ocurring for a long time. However, the Aryans may have just put there escape pods in high carbonate rock just so that we wouldn't notice when they all start leaving the planet.....just sayin

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Personally I think the earth is cleaning its self and could be the steps to another ice age.

In practice though the earth is full of gas/oil that is being rushed out of many areas of the world. This strain is causing many earth quakes and volcanic eruptions. I think the sink holes could be the earth settling back. After all oil/gas and lava take up space. Once it rushes out somthing must take its place. After it ripples to the tops side causing many sink holes.

Just my .02

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Sink holes, to me, look so much like huge ancient drill sites where the material used to cover them simply shook loose and fell in, like Spackle on a wall in the boom boom room.

Are these happening because the Earth's heartbeat has increased? If everything is raising it's frequency in the universe i.e. the Sun burning white hot, Pluto turning red, our own awakening, wouldn't it make sense that as we subtly shake that more of the Bondo, lol, is falling into our mother ship?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'd say its more to do with population expansion rather than the Earth collapsing in on itself ready for 2012.
As cities expand into Geographic areas that they weren't origionally destined to be built upon, the cheaper houses suffer from the millenia of Limestone erosion underneath. Or in a lot of fink-hole cases a case of storm-drains diverting flows into rock-beds which can't sustain the erosion, and create a "caldera" as erosion in the pipes wears away.

Unfortunately it's not something thats going to go away.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join