It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farmer Fires Home-made Cannon to Defend Land

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This is a pretty wild one, a farmer is taking matters into his own hand.

Good for him defending his farm, what are the odds of him winning his war with developers?

www.reuters.com

A Chinese farmer has declared war on property developers who want his land, building a cannon out of a wheelbarrow and pipes and firing rockets at would-be eviction teams, state media said on Tuesday.

ODDLY ENOUGH

Yang Youde, who lives on the outskirts of bustling Wuhan city, in central Hubei province, says he has fended off two eviction attempts with his improvised weapon, which uses ammunition made from locally sold fireworks.

"I shot only over their heads to frighten them," the China Daily quoted him saying of his attacks on demolition workers sent to move him off his land. "I didn't want to cause any injuries."

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Proof that China is ignoring some of its hard working and creative people because they aren't anywhere close to being in their top 2%

Come to Canada and farm here! We need you're kinda spunk man.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
PROPS!!!

The farmers in Indiana just grow weed and red afros. Hidden in their fields and on their heads; respectively.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
We have that kind of farmer in the UK. If you dare stray onto their property they come out of their house brandishing a shotgun and shouting Oi ger orf my land.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

They have farmers in Alabama when if you stray onto their land they come out brandishing a shotgun and later that day your married

Seriously, good on farmer Yang! Rockets?
We don't see that over here, maybe farm equipment parked across roads and bickering and boundary lines with officials - home made rockets is just way cooler.

top topics

join