It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spill reveals Obama's lack of executive experience

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Huh??

Care to take a LOOK at where a 'few' are located, just in the Gulf of Mexico? (Not to mention, in OTHER parts of hte World....)

Facts...they is SO hard to deal with, huh??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No...naturally, they DON'T put drilling platforms where the oil is!!! Nope...just way, way out there, just because of 'evil environmentalists'....

[edit on 8 June 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
An overwhelming percentage of Americans believe that Obama has screwed up in his response to this challenge.

The Obama apologists always go the same way. Even resorting to the race card.

It seems they are incapable of admitting that the man may have a fault.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
An overwhelming percentage of Americans believe that Obama has screwed up in his response to this challenge.

For those unfamiliar with right wing propagandist speak..

Overwhelming Majority of Americans = Rabid right wing ideolouges and thier very loud mouthpieces.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Care to provide a source for that "overwhelming" majority???

And let's not foget...YOU have been the only one talking about race in this whole thread...trying to bait someone into picking up on it.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
WOW! I just saw Obama on TV! Slapping his forehead, boy was his face red!
"A deep water containment skirt!!!! Now why didn't I think of that before? SORRY"
Then he went back about his business of destroying the country.
As Sgt. Preston would say, Well King! This case is closed!"

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Carseller4

Huh??

Care to take a LOOK at where a 'few' are located, just in the Gulf of Mexico? (Not to mention, in OTHER parts of hte World....)

Facts...they is SO hard to deal with, huh??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No...naturally, they DON'T put drilling platforms where the oil is!!! Nope...just way, way out there, just because of 'evil environmentalists'....

[edit on 8 June 2010 by weedwhacker]

Ohhhhhh so that explains ANWR.

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

For those unfamiliar with right wing propagandist speak..

Overwhelming Majority of Americans = Rabid right wing ideolouges and thier very loud mouthpieces.
It is called English.

69% of the population are rabid right wingers?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

WOW! I just saw Obama on TV! Slapping his forehead, boy was his face red!
"A deep water containment skirt!!!! Now why didn't I think of that before? SORRY"
Then he went back about his business of destroying the country.
As Sgt. Preston would say, Well King! This case is closed!"
Please give me your point by point technical dissertation on the shortcomings of my idea.

That might have a little more clout than, 'Duh, You is dumb!'.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Care to provide a source for that "overwhelming" majority???

And let's not foget...YOU have been the only one talking about race in this whole thread...trying to bait someone into picking up on it.
Yeah, no one ever resorts to the race card to defend Obama, eh?

Try this......www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or is ABC too anti-Obama for you?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Wow! I just saw Obama on TV!

He had a big smile on his face!

He slapped his thigh and said, " I can still fool some of them, at least the easy 28%! "

Then Robert Gibbs says to him, " Yeah, but that segment will always eat what you feed them."

[edit on 8-6-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

That poll compares Americans disatisfaction with the government response to Katrina on 9/11/2005...less than two weeks after the Hurricaine hit New Orleans....(62% thought the Gov. did a poor job)

With Current numbers on the Gulf Oil Spill (69% think the Gov is doing a poor job)

You have to imagine those negative numbers climbed for GW and Katrina as the weeks and months progressed? At two weeks very little was known as to the Bush Adminstration negligence and devastation.

Well the POTUS's approval rating should be plummetting if that survey has validity...as opposed to just another hit piece with bad numbers...from just a couple weeks after the Katrina devastation...plummetting approval ratings...right?

Gulf Oil Spill Not Dragging Down Obama’s Approval Ratings
Monday, June 07, 2010

There is plenty of chatter in opinion columns and places where political junkies gather about how the Gulf oil spill is hurting public perceptions of President Obama. Some are calling it this president’s Katrina. Others have compared it to the Carter-era hostage crisis.

Reflecting this chatter, media coverage of Obama has become more negative. For the week ending June 5, the Rasmussen Reports Media Meter shows that just 39% of references to the president were positive. That’s down from 60% shortly after passage of the new health care law.

But a look at the job approval ratings since the spill began don’t support the storyline of declining public perceptions of the president.....

Perhaps the simplest explanation of all is that those in the political world just don’t have a good understanding of the general public.

Whatever the reason, as of the first week in June, there is no evidence to date that the Gulf oil spill has had any impact on the president’s job approval ratings.

www.rasmussenreports.com...

Is it possible that the American Public is just not as stupid as right wing media hopes they are?

[edit on 8-6-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

This is from your source in your last post:

During the first full week in June, the president earned approval from 46% of the nation’s likely voters. That’s right where it’s been for months. In fact, the president’s full-month approval ratings have been at 46% or 47% for six consecutive months from December through May.

Reflecting this chatter, media coverage of Obama has become more negative. For the week ending June 5, the Rasmussen Reports Media Meter shows that just 39% of references to the president were positive. That’s down from 60% shortly after passage of the new health care law.

69% don't approve the federal response..... Just who is running the show?
I am sure that I heard Obama say that he is responsible.

Less than 50% approve of the job he is doing.

I will wait til he's done, then someone can stick a fork in him.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

Sure. It's all Obama's fault.
A real man, like Ron Paul...well, would have said it's a state problem.
Uh, Sarah Palin would have,.....hmmm said....drill baby, drill?
Bush would have,...?
So, Obama TAKES CHARGE and, forces, with sheer will, the well to cap and the oil to stop flowing.
I guess it's TRUE, that no crisis should go unexploited:Get a life!

AFTER A MONTH!!!!!!

This could have been done the first WEEK !!!!!!!!!

wow people love their own ideas so much.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

May 11, 2010: (Gloomers, Relax thread)

Originally posted by Just Wondering
yes, i too was worried until i saw first hand (unlike some of you) so i can see why you gloomers are worried. but now that i know better this is much ado about nothing.

OP June 8th, 2010:

Originally posted by Just Wondering
Man I really hate to say "I told you so" especially when it took something like this disaster..........

So now OP admits it is a disaster. Pot meet kettle.

While I cannot defend the apparent lack of urgency to respond to the Gulf Oil crisis, I can't help but point out hypocrisy. No it was not Obama's fault but yes it is his problem.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I love watching the libs twist themselves into pretzels trying to justify their anointed ones shortcomings

Priceless.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Just for you naysayers with NO SPECIFIC OR VALID POINTS, see this....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Simple booms keeping the beach free of oil for (4)four weeks!

And a deep-water containment skirt is a bad idea?

I guess the idea was too simple, it didn't need a fleet of engineers to accomplish.
All that was required was a fleet of boats and a thousand seamstresses in the PRC working with simple, inexpensive materials for about a week.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join