It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spill reveals Obama's lack of executive experience

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Man I really hate to say "I told you so" especially when it took something like this disaster to "out" Obama's inadequacies but...

In mid-February 2008, fresh from winning a bunch of Super Tuesday primaries, Barack Obama granted an interview to "60 Minutes" correspondent Steve Croft. "When you sit down and you look at [your] resume," Croft said to Obama, "there's no executive experience, and in fact, correct if I'm wrong, the only thing that you've actually run was the Harvard Law Review."
"Well, I've run my Senate office, and I've run this campaign," Obama said.
Seven months later, after receiving the Democratic presidential nomination, Obama talked with CNN's Anderson Cooper. At the time, the news was dominated by Hurricane Gustav, which was headed toward New Orleans and threatening to become a Katrina-like disaster. "Some of your Republican critics have said you don't have the experience to handle a situation like this," Cooper said to Obama. "They in fact have said that Governor Palin has more executive experience. ..."

Fast forward to 2010. The oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico is gushing out of control. The Obama administration is at first slow to see the seriousness of the accident. Then, as the crisis becomes clear, the federal bureaucracy becomes entangled in itself trying to deal with the problem. "At least a dozen federal agencies have taken part in the spill response,"

The New York Times reports, "making decision-making slow, conflicted and confused, as they sought to apply numerous federal statutes."
For example, it took the Department of Homeland Security more than a week to classify the spill as an event calling for the highest level of federal action.

And when state officials in Louisiana tried over and over to win federal permission to build sand barriers to protect fragile coastal wetlands from the oil, they got nowhere. "For three weeks, as the giant slick crept closer to shore," the Times reports, "officials from the White House, Coast Guard, Army Corps of Engineers, Fish and Wildlife Service, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and Environmental Protection Agency debated the best approach."

Read more at the Washington Examiner: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

We are reaping what we sowed.
Hindsight 20/20 would you still vote for him instead of Hillary to run against McCain?

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Just Wondering]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The nation was tricked into electing a man who has never managed anything or anyone. Hmmm? The man can't even take criticism or make a decision on his own, indicating that he has never really had to answer to anyone either.

The man is clearly overwhelmed and would rather play celebrity with his ongoing White House concert series. Two concerts since the oil disaster and countless concerts since he took office. Way to strap down and cut unnecessary costs. Yet another indication of his lack of exec. experience.

He continues to spend money like the world is ending in two years

It's only money...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
We elected a former Community Organizer. As Sarah Palin eloquently explained during the election, a Community Organizer is like a small town mayor, except a small town mayor actually has responsibilities.

Barack Hussein Obama and his administration are completely incompetent.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Hold on a sec Just Wondering... wasn't it YOU who was saying just a wekk or so back that the whole Gulf Spill was just a big HYPE?? RELAX you said. Show me one beach with any oil on it. Weren't you the one bashing and ridiculing people who were saying it was a huge disaster? And now you have the cajones to come and call the President out because, in your opinion, his handling hasn't been up to your standards? A bit hypocritical in my book.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Sure. It's all Obama's fault.
A real man, like Ron Paul...well, would have said it's a state problem.
Uh, Sarah Palin would have,.....hmmm said....drill baby, drill?
Bush would have,...?
So, Obama TAKES CHARGE and, forces, with sheer will, the well to cap and the oil to stop flowing.
I guess it's TRUE, that no crisis should go unexploited:Get a life!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I'm sure McCain and Palin would've been out there with mops cleaning this mess up within minutes of the break.

Palin herself would have come up with a solution that fixed things PRE-BREAK, and gone back in her time machine that she invented in community college.

Since nobody currently has a FIX for this, there is no person qualified to handle this, and blaming Obama for anything BP did is ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Hold on a sec Just Wondering... wasn't it YOU who was saying just a wekk or so back that the whole Gulf Spill was just a big HYPE?? RELAX you said.

I was thinking the same thing, as one of the threads I got those replies in, was one of my own.

The spill isn't the issue here, it's about Obama bashing! I do agree, he hasn't managed the situation well at all, and it is apparent, per his past credentials. For me, at least.

How do you feel about the oil spill now, Just Wondering? Is it real enough for you yet? I am very curious, as some might take this thread as you making a huge flip, flop.

Obama bash fest, or true concern in regards to the spill?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I'm too lazy to type all this up again so I'll just copypasta the answer I gave previously to this same question.

Originally posted by Just Wondering
post by manta78

I do not work for BP or anyone else, sorry to burst your bubble. Most of the BP stock I own I inherited except for $20k I purchased a couple weeks ago.

Well oil is finally starting to wash up on some shores of Louisiana.
Nothing to drastic fortunately so it will not be too difficult to clean up. Thankfully due to the dispersant being used it is coming in in the shape of gooey tar balls and not sheets of black oil like it did in Alaska.
BP also will be capturing approximately 90% of the oil coming out of the well so the remaining 10% will be skimmed or disperse in the deep ocean waters or burned off by te sun, the rest will be carried away by ocean currents.

There will be no methane powered, fire breathing hurricanes, sorry to burst that bubble also.

In six months you will be too worried about how you will put food on your table and gas in your tank due to Obama's perfectly developed and perfectly executed plan to bankrupt the U.S. to worry about the gulf. In six months I will sell off all of my BP stock and double my money.

God bless you guys. Good luck and please, please prepare yorselves, start a food storage, and store water, ammo and gasoline.
Find a safe place to live away from the big cities.
Buy books on survival skills. Learn to do things the way they were done in the 1800's.

Peace
J.M.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
"waaaah the old fart and dumb woman who I wanted to win didn't waaaaah"

Give it a break already, in the words of republicans during George W. Bush's tenure as worst president ever: "if you don't like it, leave"

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It wasn't just a reply the OP made about the Oil spill being no big deal...he made his own THREAD about it.

And I quote from the other thread the OP made on May 11th:

Is the oil spill bad? YES
Is it the worst ever? NO
Is the media hyping it up? YES
Is it being politicized? HELL YES

LOL...sucks to eat your own words...huh OP???

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

You didn't do a very good job of pasting your response. On first glance it looks like your remark came from me, versus. yourself; and I do not now, or have ever owned stock in BP, nor would I ever knowing the history of the company and the way it operates.

Thank you for confirming that you do not work for BP as another poster suggested. There is no question however that your threads, and responses to others threads since this happened, have all been biased in favor of BP, and ridiculing those who are criticizing the company, which they so richly deserve times ten.

Why, Just Wondering, out of curiosity would you buy $20,000 worth of stock in BP after the explosion?

Do you anticipate a gain in stock value when BP is forced to sell its interests in the Alaska area to pay for some of the current spill damages, with China as a probable buyer?

[edit on 8-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I am really surprised that no one has called the OP a racist for daring to say anything about the great savior, dear leader.......
and drum roll please.....

Can't do no wrong Obama!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I am really surprised that no one has called the OP a racist for daring to say anything about the great savior, dear leader.......

Can't do no wrong Obama!

Oh, give it a couple of days the thread is still new

The Obamatrons are so predictable, you will recognize them because when they can't attack the message they attack the messenger.
They do the same thing in politics also.

What really ticks them off is when you just ignore their response, for a few days...they simmer...

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Just Wondering]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Can't do no wrong Obama!

Oh, my! LOL, well, still he did take some time getting around to threating boot on butt action, but still, I have to agree with you.

I guess we are only racist to the OP, if we have a discussion pertaining to Middle East issues!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
It wasn't just a reply the OP made about the Oil spill being no big deal...he made his own THREAD about it.

And I quote from the other thread the OP made on May 11th:

Is the oil spill bad? YES
Is it the worst ever? NO
Is the media hyping it up? YES
Is it being politicized? HELL YES

LOL...sucks to eat your own words...huh OP???

Wow, that must hurt a little. Thanks for re-posting this quote to refresh my memory because I remember reading that as well.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by FearfulButInterested]

[edit on 8-6-2010 by FearfulButInterested]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Well, YOU are the one that brought it up aren't you?
Race on the brain? Or am I being overly generous in what I'm assuming?
Dumb comment, but hey, bash while you can, right?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

I have seen plenty of your

"Will grovel for Obama"

posts before! And yes, I will bash.

I am not a politician lover, like some people.

I am not a Democrat and I am not a Republican.

To say that Obama is doing a good job or anything near what he promised would indicate delusion.

And if you open your eyes, nearly every Obama related thread(if it does not attempt to glorify him) has at least one post that calls someone a racist for the very reason I stated.

It doesn't hurt to allow the light of reality light up the inner recesses of ones brain from time to time.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Here's is my response that appeared in the thread "Obama spill response
worse than Bush Katrina response" and feel that it is also appropiate here:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

reply to post by brocket99
by manta78

"Which is why I refer to the term "national disaster" vs. "natural disaster".

And if you read the ABC article in detail, including the poll results, it clearly makes a distinction as to how people felt about the "handling" of each matter by the respective Presidents.

Given the amount of power and control that Republicans have within the oil industry, you would see a much more agressive action taking place, if Republicans vs. Democrats were in power. BP knows that, and is taking advantage of same. The Republican stance would have been much quicker, much stronger, if for no other reason than it is making the rest of the oil industry look bad, and potentially effecting future drilling, especially in the area of offshore wells; and after all, everyone seems to look after their own interests now don't they? So yes, in this instance, Republican control would have been beneficial. And as an independent myself for more than 15 years, I have always looked at the person who I believe is the most qualified for the position to handle the job, not the party they are affiliated with.

If Obama was trying to show that he has an agressive handle on this matter, he could call in some of the best oil men and oil women in Texas, and other oil producing states, to help brainstorm this thing to get it fixed, even if they are hard core Republicans; and let that effort be known, instead of relying on government bureaucrats, and BP bureaucrats to handle the matter, which is really not working; even more consideration should be given to this idea since BP was responsible for the botched handling, at least initially, in the Exxon Valdez spill. You get people involved whose pocketbook can be effected in the future in a negative manner, and they will find a way to quickly resolve this situation; works nearly every time."

And here's a youtube.com video I found today, which mirrors my suggestion in the paragraph above.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 8-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

Well, YOU are the one that brought it up aren't you?
Race on the brain? Or am I being overly generous in what I'm assuming?
Dumb comment, but hey, bash while you can, right?
Now I will quote you, so readers may refer to it.

The highest modicum of intelligence in your post is that you try to turn the race point around on me. That was a fail.

The funniest part is that I am not white.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

And if you open your eyes, nearly every Obama related thread(if it does not attempt to glorify him) has at least one post that calls someone a racist for the very reason I stated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND, so far the only person that has brought it up is YOU!
I guess I WAS way too generous! See if you can figure it out!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join