It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Sons of Darkness/Sons of Light": The Threat of the Collective to the Individual

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I came across these videos on how Collectivism (society in general) prevents us, as Individuals, from achieving our true purpose and potential on Earth. Many of the topics such as basic human linguistics, mathematics and archetypes have been discussed before on ATS but I felt this presentation to be a compelling combination of them all and how we are born with innate abilities that are shaped and dismantled by the collective.

The part I liked best is when the narrator describes how each of us already contains knowledge within us to achieve our individuality and uniqueness in this life but it's up to us to discover it. It has really made me rethink my parenting. I tend to explain my version of things, life, ideas, etc. to my child instead of encouraging him to discover knowledge on his own or explore his environment and different concepts. The world I grew up in and have come to know is not the world he will inherit and live in. If I don't allow him to question, explore and discover on his own, to an extent at least, he will be ill equipped to deal with it.

I'm going to have to work on that...

neithercorp.us...

[edit on 8/6/2010 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Great post .. thank you for sharing this. This video adds to my theory of how we are connected and influenced by the world around us.. I can only imagine if this is what is taught in the education system today and how different the world would truly be..

Thanks again ... GREAT VIDEO!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
A short introduction to the concept of

Individualism vs Collectivism

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Good find!

This is a great example as you mentioned for parents. To keep the "bubble" generation from getting any worse.

Far too often I see parents who explain to their children their ideals, morals and collective experience and then expect children to make good decisions.

We as parents think we are providing good information on life lessons to prevent our children from doing the same mistakes.

The truth is children need to fall down. They need to do it often in order to learn to pick themselves up and use failure as a road to success.

The "group" think mentality in theory should be good for us as a race, everybody working together, dealing with social and economic issues and moving society forward.

Unfortunetly the mentality of "group" think has moved to one where we say " Well, somebody else is dealing with this, so I don't need to.".

This is why our world is so messed up, the lack of accountability and responsiblity among the average Joe.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Good stuff.

It is like a case of ‘Can you hear your own voice in the midst of the collective?’

We need to listen for our own voice if we are ever to pry our selves loose from this hellish overlay. I have had it explained to me that there is a sort of overlay the Dark ones have placed in the ‘matrix’ – to make you believe the thoughts they wish you to believe. Inserted into the collective, you'd never know it wasn't your own thougtht, unless you KNOW your self.

Weird stuff, indeed.

Fear is another tactic that they are using to support confusion. They do everything with emotions that they cause you to feel. You have to know what you are really feeling because confusion and fear, among others, are emotions that they have become adept at controlling you with. You are so convinced they are yours. They know that you will believe that the feelings are yours, and once you have given into a feeling that does not serve your purpose, you are vulnerable to doing what is not your real purpose. You are vulnerable to their thoughts when you slip into their emotions.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

Wow. That series gives me a lot to think about as well. I thought I tended toward one sort of ideology but really I don't. Here is the rest of it for those that are interested:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I haven't watched the videos yet, I will tonite when I have time but I wanted to address your parenting comments. I've raised 4 kids to adulthood now and one of the teaching tools I used was a native american concept called Coyote teaching.

Let's say a child asks you "what kind of tree is that?". The standard answer might be "white oak" or even quercus alba but that only teaches the child a name for a thing, not what it is or what it does.

Coyote teaching would answer "it's a tree that squirrels need". The concept is to encourage the child to ask more questions and possibly begin an earnest observation of the tree in question.

Ask the child to tell you about the tree, what does it bark look like; it;'s leaves. How tall is it compared to the other trees around it. Ask the child to look under the tree to look for seeds. Perhaps they will find some acorns. You can then tell them that acorns are important food for squirrels, deer, turkey and even racoons. Native americans used acorns for meal and ate large quantities in their diet.

Find a fallen branch and cut it open, ask the child to test the wood for strength. You can then talk about the uses for it's wood in furniture and fireplaces. You can tell them strong wood burns hottest.

Answering questions with questions is not putting off a child, it focuses their attention in the direction you wish them to. It teaches that every question engenders more questions much as each strand of the web of life connects with another.

A very observant child might even notice mistletoe growing in the upper branches or a squirrel or bird nest. Direct your answers so that they use their powers of observation to discover the secrets of life. This is real learning; personal, meaningful learning that stays with one for a lifetime.

That's the general idea, I've yapped enough about it, I hope I wasn't boorish.
I'll post later after watching the videos, thanks for posting them

BTW Kosmic: I really like the new avatar, what does it mean?

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Asktheanimals]

top topics

join