It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Gaza-bound ships ready for clash with Israel - Ahmadinejad

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Iran's Gaza-bound ships ready for clash with Israel

debka.com

An Iranian sea convoy will back up the Turkish campaign to break Israel's blockade of Gaza.

Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad assured Turkish leaders whom he met in Istanbul Tuesday, Jan. 8 that the vessels due to enter the disputed waters within days will not shrink from a head-on clash with Israel's Navy and Air Force exclusion forces. "We'll breach the Gaza blockade," the Iranian president vowed.
The Iranian Red Crescent vessels will carry "volunteer marines" of the Revolutionary Guards "who will teach the Israelis a lesson."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.haaretz.com

[edit on 8-6-2010 by paradiselost333]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
well i dont know how good this information is but if it is all true it seems that Iran is willing to start a war to avoid UN sanctions. If you read the article it also says that hillary clinton warned of some kind of Iranian stunt to thwart a sanctions vote. It is going to get realy interesting this week and next

debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-6-2010 by paradiselost333]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
For our sake I hope Israel has brought alot more than just paintball guns this time...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Debka?

Any other source?

If true, these acts are intended to provoke a violent response from Israel.

There are forces in the region behind all of this who want to use this issue to demonize Israel and it is working well.

Once enough world opinion has turned against Israel then they will strike, holding faith that the world will then agree that Israel had it coming, or brought this upon themselves.

It is working very well, if they can provoke the Israelis into violence once more on a flotilla, or aid ship and flood the media and internet with more anti-Israel propaganda they can then launch a series of damaging "terrorist" attacks on Israel.

Israel would be wise not to take the bait.

What we have here is a bloody well orchestrated propaganda war, and the Iranians are winning.

Israel may have underestimated the intelligence and covert capabilities of their enemies, especially their ability to manipulate the media and world opinion.

I can't see how this will end any way, but badly.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
S&F

The vessels due to enter the disputed waters within days will not shrink from a head-on clash with Israel's Navy and Air Force exclusion forces.

Things should get interesting when these Iranian ships enter the area within the next few days. This could escalate quickly if the Israelis try to board these ships for inspection. My guess is that they won't even bother to try and will just start shooting as soon as the Iranian ships breach the blockade. If that happens all out war could breakout between the two countries.

Of course this could also just be another Iranian bluff and they will not dare to try to break the blockade. We'll see soon enough.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
All the reports I've read place the Iranian aid going through the Rafah crossing, I'm guessing to really put Egypt on the spot.. so can't see them clashing with Israel in Isreali waters,

However at the same time a Lebanese ship is intent on trying to get through the sea blockaid, they are currenty trying to get 25 reporters from "reporters without borders" to come along.

Two non-governmental Lebanese organizations announced Saturday that the plan to send an aid vessel of their own to the Gaza Strip as early as next weekend.

www.ynetnews.com...

[edit on 8/6/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
same here,ive read them goin thru rafahand since egypt just opened it up... i dont see how there is going to be a clash...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Your source says January 8th.... Not June 8th.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Why is this whole region pussyfooting. Someone should seriously start a war or STFU. tired of ME problems

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This is rather amusing from a certain perspective.

It's almost a replay of the Cuban missile crisis.

So will the blockade be breached and the ships sail safely to port? Or will Israel stop them in their tracks, thereby starting a war?

It's rather like a game of chicken.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by belial259]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
DEBKA wasn't always on spot with their reports, but after the deadly
flotilla event, most if not all their reports were confirmed 24-48 hours later
by reliable sources.

We all know what DEBKA is, and i am inclined to beleive almost all what
they will report these days.

Iranians want to use Rafah to deliver the aid...BUT since Egypt already
lifted the blockade, they won't practically break the Israeli blockade, so
i am inclined to beleive that they will want to deliver (or at least to enter)
their aid by breaking the naval blockade.

I am beting that this will spark a clash with Israel...there are way to many
things that happend after may 31 that, imo, will spark a clash and very
fast will become a regional war.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

It said they met jan 8. as for any other sources i cant find anything yet
so i guess well see

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Why is this whole region pussyfooting. Someone should seriously start a war or STFU. tired of ME problems

Yay, yay, yay, ooo, ooo, ooo!

Have to agree completely!

Getting tired of reading about people, governments and countries that can't make a decision and haven't got any balls to sort anything out / stand up for themselves.

In fact, Israel comes close to meeting all of the above but hey, just get on with it. All the pussy footing around is costing and absolute fortune, drills, rehearsals and exercises must cost a bomb lol.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
A-W-E-S-O-M-E !

Sorry for this rather useless comment.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

According to our sources, the Iranian convoy will consist of a cargo ship loaded with food and other essentials, medicines and building materials; the second will carry the "volunteer" marines; and the third will be a floating hospital to be anchored permanently in Egyptian Mediterranean territorial waters opposite the divided Gaza-Egyptian town of Rafah. Small boats will ferry patients between Gaza and the hospital ship. Tehran calculates that the Israeli navy will not attack boats carrying sick people and will be constrained from venturing into Egyptian territorial waters to hit the floating hospital. By this means, Tehran will dismantle Israel's sea blockade while also gaining a military presence off the shores of Gaza.

Hmm, I think they are optimistic if they think Israel won't attack "boats carrying sick people".

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This whole thing is starting to seem like a big game to me.

Oh look a blockade, maybe we can get some ships through!

Oh they got arrested? Let us try to get through! Lets bring some high profile people along too just in case so we can make a big scene later.

Nobody wants to fire the first shot but each side wants the other side to start something.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53

Getting tired of reading about people, governments and countries that can't make a decision and haven't got any balls to sort anything out / stand up for themselves.

In fact, Israel comes close to meeting all of the above but hey, just get on with it. All the pussy footing around is costing and absolute fortune, drills, rehearsals and exercises must cost a bomb lol.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53

Not everyone can afford to take simple minded decisions like the USA, which can attack any country it wants without fear of consequences.

Iran and Turkey need to prevent the USA from being involved in a war side by side with Israel. I personnally hope Isreal and the USA lose this game, since they have been #ing the ME for too long.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333

Iran's Gaza-bound ships ready for clash with Israel

debka.com

Funny that after doing a GOOGLE News search on this that the ONLY source of this information from IRAN is an Israeli news website!

A little info about Debka, ...

Debka.com - Wikipedia

DEBKAfile (Hebrew: תיק דבקה‎) is an Jerusalem-based English language Israeli open source military intelligence website with commentary and analyses on terrorism, intelligence, security, and military and political affairs in the Middle East. The word "Debka" refers to an Arab folk dance.[1]

The site started in the summer of 2000, and is operated from the Jerusalem home of veteran journalists Giora Shamis and Diane Shalem.

So, no other big news source have heard of this besides these two journalists working from their home in Jerusalem?

And then there's this, ...

Yediot Achronot's investigative reporter Ronen Bergman claims that the site relies on information from sources with an agenda, such as neo-conservative elements of the US Republican Party, "whose worldview is that the situation is bad and is only going to get worse," and that Israeli intelligence officials do not consider even 10 percent of the site's content to be reliable.

The site's operators claim that 80 percent of what Debka reports turns out to be true,

So, did they make this up and just guessing?

Let's see if any other news sources repeat this news, ...

[edit on 6/8/2010 by Keyhole]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I say good on Iran, if they aren't doing it for nefarious purposes(HA) but still, medical supplies and a floating hospital would be fantastic for gaza, I'm just worried about that boat containing ex marines, I wonder what they brought them for.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join