It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cash for Gold - If cash is going to be worthless why would the sell you their gold

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I have thought about this for a couple of years and has been highlighted with Glenn Beck shamelessly promoting selling everything you own and converting it into gold bullion before paper currency becomes worthless. Therein lies the paradox if the Dollar is going to fail why would they openly sell this precious, only remaining way to trade in our soon to be economically ransacked world, commodity.
The answer is it is all bulls*it and they fine well know that the value of gold is now reaching the overinflated unsubstainable levels that the housing market got to. All these gold websites are a con and I find in amazing as well that the majority of people that have invested in gold have never seen the commodity they have invested in. The majority of the companies "Store" the gold for you, I would be interested in ATS`s views on this. I think it is just another way to bleed the honest tax payer and also throws up a fantastical future where gold replaces money. If TSHTF I dont think it is what the normal person will be glad they pumped their money into, I would prefer food, medicine and guns

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It is absolutely an agenda. Most of these companies, if not all have been shown to be scams.

Gold Scam[/url]

This is just a way for TPTB to get what they can from you before the bottom drops out and money is worthless. People who fall for this a ignorant to the fact, or simply stupid. They could easily get a better price for the gold if they went straight to local gold traders, but instead they send it to a middle man. I always tell people to buy physical gold. Not invest in gold, but buy gold.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Gold Scam

Sorry about the link, first time I've posted one maybe this is right, if not give me some advice.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Now, at last somebody is thinking!
Gold, while obviously having value, will only make money if you sell it for more than you pay for it. that's what dealers do. To do this, you need to either track the market constantly, or, just luck out. Good luck on either.
Gold appeals to uninformed investors, like the beck audience. It also has some weird proto fed appeals to right wingers ( as in, gold standard).. That's pure BS, just emotional.
Think guys! What good does it do you? You going to eat it, defend yourself with it? Sell it to the High Priest for the Gods?

It just doesn't make sense, but then again, very little of this Apocyliptic craziness does.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
How does a piece of paper saying you own gold do you any good? Look at all the investments people had that tanked over the last couple of years.
You can't eat gold. How do they figure gold is going to replace money when all you get is another piece of paper? One day they are going to say oops, there isn't enough physical gold to go with the paper that has been sold.
If TSHTF a person would be way better off with some hand tools, and the skills to go with them, and a good cross bow for hunting. And a really good garden of perennial food - berries, herbs, fruit trees.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
your all crazy.

i see way more profit in silver.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Hi as this is a conspiracy web page might aswell thorw in a curve ball.

I knew i remembered reading something about the Annunaki and gold ages ago, i also came across this post on ats.

Also did Roosevelt not confiscate gold in the 1900s and give it to the Federal Reserve?

There is no way they could confiscate large amounts now so why not offer cash.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Could there be any relation of are am i barking up a tree!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
How do you know that the gold you are actually buying is the real deal??
Remember somewhere the bullion was in fact plated, and the government didnt even realise.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I remember seeing that on a youtube video, a German bank was fooled and they know their bullion
Was steel inside with about a half an inch gold plate surrounding it. The way I see it is that the financial system has been shown for what it it, a sham designed to make the rich richer at the expense of the honest working man. All this gold that people are investing in more than likely doesnt exist and they will never see it even if it did.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

It was not steel bars plated with gold, it was tungsten bars. Someone would have noticed immediately if they used steel since it is much lighter then gold.

top topics

join