It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

e-book [pdf] “Finger prints of the Gods” from Graham Hancock.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
During surfing on the internet I stumbled on this surprise.
It is perhaps interesting for some here and this time it is a pdf of the complete book of Graham Hancock called “Finger prints of the Gods”.

I have it in on my bookshelf and did read it twice and found it a marvelous book with really very interesting views/theories indeed which I sorely don’t see as absolutely impossible.
It was earlier posted here, but that link doesn’t work anymore so therefore I post it again.

reply to post by serbsta

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e8cff663793b.gif[/atsimg]

Here you can find it.

thomasfarrell.com...

In Fingerprints of the Gods Graham Hancock embarks on a worldwide quest to put together the pieces of a vast and mysterious jigsaw-puzzle of mankind's prehistory.
In ancient ruins as far apart as Egypt's Great Sphinx, the strange Andean temples at Tiahuanaco and Mexico's awe-inspiring Pyramids of the Sun and Moon, he reveals not only the clear fingerprints of an unknown people who flourished during the last ice age, but also disquieting signs of high intelligence, technological sophistication and details scientific knowledge of the cosmos aeons before any previous known civilisation.

Through the memory-banks of universal myth and legend - which store much of our species' prehistoric records - Hancock uncovers traces of a precise scientific language, encoding the results of thousands of years of accurate astronomical observations.
He studies ancient maps, incorporating spherical trigonometry, showing how the earth would have looked 12,000 years ago - and with levels of accuracy not achieved by our own cartographers until the nineteenth century.
Finally, he uses the most up-to-date techniques of geology and astronomy to show that the conventionally accepted dating of a number of intriguing archaeological sites around the world cannot possible be correct and that they must be considered far, far older than was previously thought.

Hancock's extraordinary findings form the core of what could be an intellectual revolution, a dramatic and irreversible change in the way that we understand our past - and thus ourselves.

But there is something more, a warning maybe. Some of the most disturbing issues raised by Fingerprints of the Gods concern the type and extent of planetary catastrophe that would have had to occur in order to obliterate almost all traces of a large civilisation. The evidence for such a catastrophe, and indeed for more than one of them, is surprisingly strong.

www.knowledge.co.uk...

[edit on 8/6/10 by spacevisitor]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing this information. I have a Nook and Barnes & Noble has this book available for download also. Now that I have an e-reader I am always searching for sources of the "e-variety" on this subject matter. I somehow find it comforting to have this information in one spot before they go out of print. Thanks again.

Saxony

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Cheers for that mate.Just downloaded it.Was at a loose end tonight so will get stuck into reading this in a couple of hours

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this! I had a copy of the book but I have no idea where it went. I really wanted to read this again.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I've been wanting to read this for awhile.
THANK YOU!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I am reading this at the minute, I think it is a brilliant book and would recomend it to anyone. He has a very good method of writing, almost like story telling and he backs it up with some really strong arguments. I am on page 120 at the minute and cannot wait to finish it!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I downloaded it and I will make some comments as I read through it.

First thing that stroke my mind is in page 14.

This evidence, which we shall tough upon again in the next chapter, liberates us from the burdensome task of explaining who (or what) had the technology to undertake an accurate geographical survey of Antarctica in, say, 2 million BC, long before our own species came into existence.

Now, why would he say something like that? Based on what? "Evidence" from the same academia that is supposedly suppressing evidence about our true origins and history and all that jazz? If "accepted science and academia" (from here on, "evil" for short) suppresses ALL truth, why base arguments on evidence provided by any branch of it? Why not 2 million BC? Why being so coward as to not admit what he wants to admit deep inside? Even if we go by this "selective" acceptance of "evil" and say SOME parts of it are indeed true, why not 2 million BC? Because then we'd have to resort to aliens? So what? What is there the parenthesis (or what) for? NOT to plant a seed to some gullible minds that later on it will be revealed to them? OK.

(out of topic: Was Piri Reis the Turkish navy captain, or admiral, who couldn't find Malta? Or was it Hayreddin Barbarossa?)

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
So rude of me to not thank the OP for this. Whatever it says inside the book, thank you for making it possible for me to read it!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Many interesting books like this one posted here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
Many interesting books like this one posted here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sweet! Great link.

Now have it bookmarked (missed it the first time around)

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Wow this is crazy. Yesterday i watched a doco i bought a year ago in a bargin bin called "Atlantis, secret star mappers of a lost world" and graham is one of the main guest in the documentry and at the end is 45 min iterview with him and he talks about this book, i just came online to look for it. Man you gotta love ATS!

new topics

top topics

join