It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diamond Offshore Falls After Report of Gulf of Mexico Oil Leak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Diamond Offshore Falls After Report of Gulf of Mexico Oil Leak

www.businessweek.com

Diamond Offshore Drilling Inc. fell in New York trading after Businessinsider.com said the company’s Ocean Saratoga rig is leaking oil into the Gulf of Mexico.

Diamond, based in Houston, dropped 6 percent to $55.64 at 9:58 a.m. in New York Stock Exchange composite trading. Geneva- based Transocean Ltd., whose Deepwater Horizon rig caught fire April 20 and triggered the biggest U.S. oil spill on record, tumbled 7.3 percent.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This is the second oil rig to be leaking in the Gulf of Mexico. How can that be a coincidence? There seems to be someone going around causing this. But why would they do it? They are destroying jobs and wild life. This really needs to be investigated.

So many birds and fish dying. Fishermen out of work. The oil is causing havoc. Whoever is responsible for the attacks on the oil production needs to be apprehended.

www.businessweek.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by lady_mezuza

My money is on Expanding Earth Theory....

Our world is going through a transition... and the internal pressure is building...

We will see many more of these. Such as the Massey NAtural Gas explosion... or the Natural Gas leak which was in Harrisburg PA recently, or the one in Texas yesterday....

They keep popping up ...

There will be many many more.... I guarantee is

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
That's strange news, considering I just read this article...

Goldman Sachs cut its investment ratings on offshore drillers Transocean, Atwood Oceanics, Diamond Offshore and Noble Group Ltd.

Source: blogs.wsj.com...

Two of the four companies are spewing oil into our ocean.
I think we need to keep an eye on Atwood Oceanics and Noble Group.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
That was Obama's plan all along, that's why he failed to respond and instead played golf and held concerts at the White House.

But guess what?
It's just about to backfire.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Aren't all the rigs leaking oil at any given time anyways?

Wow one guy says he saw oil leaking and bam shares fall like a rock!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I found another article about this. It also has pictures of Diamond's rig and a possible plume.

blog.skytruth.org...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
That was Obama's plan all along, that's why he failed to respond and instead played golf and held concerts at the White House.

Seems you are privy to some pretty good information. Can you tell us what this plan is, how long it has been in place, and what steps Obama has taken so far?

But guess what?
It's just about to backfire.

By not actually being his fault?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by lady_mezuza

If anything, this only strengthens my concern that what is happening is not a man-made disaster but a natural one, in a round-about way. I don't think it is sabotage or anything like that. Not when destroying the Gulf has the potential to do much harm in other parts of the world also.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The possibility of another separate deep sea well leaking is a bit eerie. It reminds me of a couple years ago when deep sea fiber optic cables were being cut all across the globe and slowing down global internet connectivity. Perhaps those incidents were a warm up for these events.

Another question is.....I wonder if Halliburton has any involvement with the second well that is referred to in this article?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Another member started a similar thread here: abovetopsecret.com

The OP links to this source: foxnews.com

Which says (emphasis mine):

A second rig unrelated to the Deepwater Horizon spill has been leaking oil into the Gulf of Mexico since late April...

Late April! What the eff?!

It also says:

The second leak appears to be much smaller than the Deepwater spill. But it may have been going on for much longer, according to reports.

I don't have the words...how was this kept under wraps?

new topics

top topics

join