It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Blackout and Arrests takig place at the Gulf. Listen to this interview and wake up!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Not sure if it's been said or not but just happened to be watching Anderson Cooper and he was a little puzzled and shocked it seemed to me(much like the docu guy on the radio program but obviously not being as emotional ). He said that the federal officials behind him would not let him near a tent where they were rescuing and cleaning off oil slicked wildlife. Pictures he said that a week ago it was no problem to film. It was completely off limits now, and he all but said, that this was not right that he couldn't even just sit and film the wildlife coming in.

Anyways, I completely agree with the media blackout theory, this is shaping up to be the biggest man made disaster to hit our country. Yet we have very little information to go off, even less video and photos. At first there was a trickle, but it seems to be cut off now.

Listen, I have been saying almost the past month that this is going to be a disaster like none we have ever seen for the US. We are not getting the full scope of vital information(even though at this point there's nothing much we can do about it) which means media and freedom of press is being tampered with.

Is it our own government doing it b/c they feel like it may send us into a mass panic? Is it a multi billion dollar oil company we are(military) highly dependent on? I don't know but the whole "everything is AOK" attitude is frightening. Everything is not ok.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Reading the above comments, I can't help but wonder where the people from Louisiana are. There hasn't been much posted about what's going on anywhere by folks like you and I whom live near the coast.
That's weird, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jetsettingvet

here is a video that was taken down from you-tube. It was on an ATS thread. So here it is again .

There are other search engines than Google. Try AltaVista

Video from the Air 4 weeks ago, it's a big mess .Imagine what it looks like now.

here is the link .

Amateur Video Of Gulf Oil Slick from the Air

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by letscit
reply to post by jonhplayer

this is the only aerial footage of the spill i have seen, and even know of. and the thing is, thisa footage is from around may 10th or 11th. so what does it look like now?

this site has good photos and info.
bpoilslick.blogspot.com...

[edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit]

Thanks, iv not been able to find any recant pics or footage either, Id like to see the thing from above the area, see them working on it and how big it is now from a live view

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

Thats good but why arnt we saying news helicopters over head and reporting on it from the incident?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exopolitico
And this comes directly from James Fox. A message to BP from the streets of New Orleans:

Can you please explain what this has to do with the 'fake' claims made in the phoney interview that was used to start the thread.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Hey I'm new to this forum but have been an avide ATS reader and am from New Zealand so I always have a laugh at the posts that come out of Aussie.
But resently Ive been getting appalled at the news(media) since most of the international affairs are hear say anyway:

Breaking News:
In New Zealand there has been an explosive device in a Toyota Hilux Van was reported by tvone news There was no mention from the police about the small e.d. in the video shown it did show alot of police and the bombsquad but residents called the police after the truck had been reported and it took police 24 hours to respond. Myguess its just the media hyping up the situation of a false alarm as the 'Bomb' has just recently been shown so is not up on the net, yet.

I can't post a topic as I am new, but alot happened today the primminster got 'attacked' by protester in the same town one of NZ's largest Meth bust.
Whats disturbing is that heroin is being distributed tvnz.co.nz...All Today

Peace.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Steal7h]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
To be honest, he seems like a guy that wants to get off on the very thought of what he is saying is true. The same goes for the radio host and many of the listeners. It is interesting but you have to consider the source.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by eastbosbud
I am viewing the Grand Isle webcam live and all seems quiet...grandislewebcam.com...

I do not know if I would trust that web cam. That cam has been up for years and they can have months worth of recorded footage. if they wanted, they could easily fake that cam.

In the cam,. there is a disturbing lack of anything oil spill or PB related. One would think you would see 'something'.

Where is the boom in the water?

Something here just don't add up.

I am the owner of the www.GrandIsleWebCam.com... and yes it is live footage. The booms have been in place for three weeks now and very little oil in this area. Most of the oil is down in Vienice, La. You will see boats coming and going, checking on the booms.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't a cbs news crew get told that they had to leave or they would be arrested. The coast guard even told them it was not them it was BP security that was telling them to leave. Why would BP security have say over the coast guard. Just because you haven't seen this happen does not mean it isn't happening.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I'm guessing that the earthquake technology has triggered a disaster beyond their control. Perhaps the Haitian disaster helped to trigger this. The comment about "resubmitting permits" at the oil sites hints at a takeover of the rigs. That would imply a goal of consolidation of ownership. But it sounds like the disaster is now beyond their plan. I think the best answer for now is the inverted funnel approach to just suck up the oil as it comes out. Get most of the oil. A low tech patch.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I found this footage of Grand Isle on YouTube. It's interesting to see the train of black SUV's darting off somewhere and the large military vehicle on the beach. Obviously this person filmed there without being arrested.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 2ndFUTURE

Important people in vans assessing the effects of their doing.

They are very pleased.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
This is getting very interesting! I have a friend who works as a news producer for the CBC up here in Canada. I introduced her to Ufology a few years back and she has subsequently had 3 UFO related stories run up here in Canada (so she is quite open minded) ! Breaking the ice I guess. She refuses to believe that there is a bias within the Canadian media..... well today will be the day that I can test her theory. I am going to present her with some facts discussed here, and see what she thinks/does/shares about them. I'll report back! Lets see what she can dig up EH!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by n2neee

Just looked up the nashville newspaper, `The city paper` seems the police in Davidson and williamson counties are asking the folks to hand in to them any guns and ammunition that they think has been damaged by the flood. my first reaction to that was How thoughtful, just those two things?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Lack of hotel rooms in the area?
Grand Isle on 'lockdown'?

A quick check online shows plenty of rooms available in New Orleans.
Same for Grand Isle.

As for James Fox's YouTube channel, it didn't exist until two days ago.
Hard to understand for someone who is supposed to be 'experienced'.

Did he just discover YouTube?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

BP Oil Spill: Top 10 Questions Still Unanswered
Add Your Questions: What We Still Don't Know About Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill

It has now been more than 50 days since the BP oil spill began in the Gulf of Mexico, and there are still a million unanswered questions. How much oil is really out there? What will it take to bring it under control? When, if ever, will the wounds heal?
BP COO Doug Suttles: "Haven't found large concentrations below the surface."

We're sure you have many questions of your own, and we invite you to enter them below. We will try to ask as many as we can of the officials responsible.

Here is a list of unknowns compiled by ABC News. You doubtless have many other questions, and we invite your comments below.

And the list goes on...
So, now, there is something in the MSM after all.

Many questions, very few answers...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Something is not adding up here.

1. We had an oil spill here in Queensland last year, not even close to the magnitude of the Gulf Oil Spill.

2. Our media covered the event, the devastation, the cleanup etc, and every day, from the shore, helicopters and planes beaming back live images, every night we had the whole ugly truth of all aspects.

3. Now, do some research, Google "Queensland oil spill" and look for images or video.

4. Now, Google "gulf oil spill" and look for images or video.

The striking and incomprehensible result will blow your mind!

My conclusion, there is a media blackout as so far as, you can talk about it, just no images or vision apart from the underwater cam and some Tom, Dick or Harry picking up small amounts of residue you can hold in your hand.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

EVERYBODY NEEDS 2 WATCH THIS!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Since the thread has most of the attention, I felt it necessary to share some very important info. Take it for what it is worth.

I have several relatives living in Louisiana and contacted 2 last night here are the FACTS according to them.

I first spoke with relative in Plaquemines parish, this is Grand Isle. When I inquired about the oil spill, she said very little. I let it go and re-introduced it to the conversation later; she literally changed the subject and asked me if we could just not talk about it, "too depressing". She works directly for parish, and I had the feeling perhaps a gag order of some type was in place.

Next I spoke with another relative in South Central Louisiana, here is what she had to say as it pertains to Jefferson parish; the parish next to Plaquemines.

When the leak first occurred the local officials waited for assistance, Bp was in charge. The Guard was notified and told they were to do exactly as they were told, nothing more nothing less. Well guess what? Those orders never came! After weeks of waiting on Federal assist. and BP, a powerful judge
sought an injunction for Eminent Domain.

Eminent domain refers to the power possessed by the state over all property within the state, specifically its power to appropriate property for a public use.

In some jurisdictions, the state delegates eminent domain power to certain public and private companies, typically utilities, such that they can bring eminent domain actions to run telephone, power, water, or gas lines.

In most countries, including the United States under the Fifth Amendment to the Constitution, the owner of any appropriated land is entitled to reasonable compensation, usually defined as the fair market value of the property. Proceedings to take land under eminent domain are typically referred to as "condemnation" proceedings.

www.expertlaw.com...

They won!! Jefferson parish is now handling the clean up as they see fit, and yes many Guard are present. As far as she new no other branch of military is there. She really didn't know. But lots of Guard.

My relative is also a chemist, a Forensic scientist to be exact. A few years ago she was working in the lab, and was exposed to a small amount of Benzine. she became dizzy, nauseous, had a terrible headache and explained she started turning blue, I am assuming she meant cyanotic. Basically was very ill. As a result to her exposure, she developed pneumonia, and missed several days of work.

When I inquired about toxic fumes from oil spill, and the need to evacuate she seemed confused. Then she explained the chemistry of why this was NOT possible.

She did confirm that when the first fisherman arrived to help with clean up, they were exposed to a very high concentration of the dispersant and a large volume. Keep in mind the releasing of the dispersant was taking place while the men were present. They were not wearing masks.

However, even though the fumes were toxic, upon hitting the water the amount of Benzine produced is already decreased. There cannot be a vapor cloud, because the fumes are released very quickly and then they evaporate. So she really was puzzled and said toxic fumes would not be reason for evacuating.

When BP stopped spraying, the fumes were no longer present in a way that could sicken so many. She confirmed many were sick, and CDC is present. But the locals are not sure what is going on.

Many are angry and have yet to receive any help from Govt. or BP! She did say that Grand Isle most likely would be evacuated and could see Marshall Law being put in place. She had not seen Fema present. But Jefferson parish hired private contractors to help with cleanup.

She is keeping a lookout for 'boots' on the ground and will let me know as soon as she hears anything.

For the record she is not into conspiracy as in "theorist" but believes they are not being told the truth, because things do not add up.

That's it, it's all I've got, I hope that helped a little. Have others to contact within the next few days.

Thanks,

Pax

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join