It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omit Israel Gaza Thread Button

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I'm sure I speak for many here when I say that I am very tired of seeing the dozen threads on this issue. Most of them turn into very ugly arguments on both side of the issue. I cannot fathom how this is allowed to continue since the threads usually turn into racial disputes after only a couple of posts.

I hereby propose that ATS add a "Omit Israel/Gaza" option next to the "Omit Swine flu" & "Omit Political Madness" options for those of us that have to sift through this vile just to get to the good ATS content.

Can I get an amen?
= yes, install the omit option,
= no, do nothing

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I can understand your frustration but why would you choose to ignore it totally?
You just might miss out on some good information.
I don't post in the Isreal threads myself but if it is a good thread I might read it.
So...sorry but I am gonna have to disagree with you here...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I don't think sweeping an issue under the rug is a terribly good idea. It's the sort of thing some people involved would want to have happen.

However, there's an ignore button next to any handle you wish... and there's an ignore button in your brain that you can push and it ignores israel threads

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
I can understand your frustration but why would you choose to ignore it totally?
You just might miss out on some good information.
I don't post in the Isreal threads myself but if it is a good thread I might read it.
So...sorry but I am gonna have to disagree with you here...

At first I thought like you but over and over the threads turn into ugly arguments, just hate having to sift through all of them to read the good stuff.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
So, are you saying your in favor of censorship? Most of the threads on Israel/Gaza that I have seen, have not turned into racial arguments, rather they are arguments over a government's policies, a secular government at that. Some trolls try to turn it into a racial argument but where the rubber meets the road, it really isn't. Many people make the false argument that to talk down on Israel, is to talk down on Jews and that just isn't true, at all.

Also, many people try to troll the subject in an effort to close down the thread. Should we allow them to succeed? If they succeed with the subject of Israel, what's to stop them from doing it to another subject? That would just be helping their agenda by censoring out a subject that many people see as the biggest conspiracy of all.

Sometimes people may not like a particular subject but that doesn't mean that it should be banned or otherwise censored. Many people would see such a thing as collusion with the conspiracy.

I think that ATS should just enforce trolling policies to keep the discussions informative and on track, rather than just excluding the entire subject. After all, the motto is to "deny ignorance" and we can't do that effectively if something is being ignored all together.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
this always happens with big issues like this.

There is a specific forum for these topics, like these threads. that they could probably be moved to, instead of clogging up breaking news.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Just ignore the threads, it isn't hard.

Like it or not, it's a hot topic at the moment, but it won't be the most talked about subject forever, in a month or two the focus will most likely switch to something else.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Pixus]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

I don`t think this would be a good idea .

For the same reason i have resisted the urge to put you : Just Wondering on Ignore

I can safely say that many of the positions you take on a myriad of subjects here on ATS, couldn`t be any more different than my-own .. but you have mellowed..... somewhat, after your initial blusterous introduction to these boards .

Past opinions and attitudes expressed, are usually good indicators of what to expect, attitude-wise, from people in the future ..... but you just never know !

I have to except the highly unlikely possibility
, that i might be wrong on something- at some point . And that you may be the very person to highlight this to me . ....

To paraphrase Schopenhauer ....

" To anger someone ,tell them a lie : to make someone furious, tell them the truth ! "

===============================================

Let the ATS members keep to the T & C`s which they agreed to when they joined the site .......

Let the Mods deal with the rest !.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

[edit on 8-6-2010 by UmbraSumus]

top topics

join