It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If an ancient civilization had electronic/digital tech?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

good observation. that was truly inspiring, but define our technology? do you mean what humans are currently creating? our the ones who are manipulating us are you referring to their technology that we use today?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by starsystem3
evil cannot understand anything evil uses selective reasoning it makes up rules and common sense as it goes that made perfect sense what's the point of a homemade radio if you cant make a homemade signal only a bully alien offspring would act as if this doesnt make sense nazi tactics yes!

Hmmm are you using a random word generator? lol

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by usernamehere

very intelligent observation im proud of you simple yet effective way to convey common sense

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by starsystem3

Yes, the circuit boards and microchips we create today, we seem to have linear thinking, if our computers look like this now, they should look similar in the past...Medieval people were the same way, they envisioned greek warriors in full armor, because thats what they saw in THEIR day, not the simple helmet, greaves and breastplate the actually wore

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

if human makes technology then why would human further his/her education into the technology field just to get out to get a job? if human is not a slave. in this case slaves are not allowed to have abilities. so what technology are we making and we flip when grocery stores dont have our favorite candy bar?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

what does that have to do with recognizing ancient technology???

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
same thing i was wondering when you posted the comment you made, to recognize what took place then- is to recognize what takes place now! if you cant see how the two relate you need not to distort history much more then it is being done so now. "if you cant explain how me make technology today then you cannot assume what they did in those days either" is that fair? today there is no excuse its happening right in front of you

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I'm not sure it would be possible as nature would destroy any technology after several hundred years of neglect. Any plastic or resin based material would leech oils and degrade to powder. And most metals would oxidize and rust out...or be re purposed. You would need luck to find anything not destroyed by time or looted already. It could all be underwater as well. It only took a hundred years for electricity and electronics to get where it has. How can we say we can preserve the knowledge if a ice age came or any bad thing like comets or whatever.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
I'm not sure it would be possible as nature would destroy any technology after several hundred years of neglect. Any plastic or resin based material would leech oils and degrade to powder. And most metals would oxidize and rust out...or be re purposed. You would need luck to find anything not destroyed by time or looted already. It could all be underwater as well. It only took a hundred years for electricity and electronics to get where it has. How can we say we can preserve the knowledge if a ice age came or any bad thing like comets or whatever.

Because other things survived for tens of thousands to millions of years; a future archaeologist would note massive modification of rock; tunnels, quarries and bore tubes, cut gems, radioactive elements that are not natural, mass amounts of glass and ceramics, not to mention pottery, and metals that don't corrode - like gold.

A circuit board would leave a nice fossil shape in sediments - with the gold probably still there - not to forget the stuff in space which will last tens of millions of years

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBaskettIV

that goes to show you how old the pyramids really are lets say about 500yrs old to be exact

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
I'm wondering how the Egyptians made a glass bulb that big for the electric lamp,

They didn't.

What the ignorant refer to as the glass part of a lightbulb, the Egyptians called "the perfection of Horus."

Only at Dendera, which was built by the Greek conquerors, the name "Harsomptus" is used.

That's Greek for Horus.

And, oh yeah. Those "little people" are also Horus. It was typical for the various forms of Horus to be shown in these ways - glory rising out of a lotus flower, the child Horus and Horus' Ki (don't recall if that's the right word) or underworld body.

Harte
edit on 11/21/2011 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

reply to post by LordBaskettIV

that goes to show you how old the pyramids really are lets say about 500yrs old to be exact

Interesting idea.

Do you have proof?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This device is the most amazing find ever:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Ok so this may be more of a question then it is a point or opinion on the original post.

First off I really like the idea of highly advanced civilizations on this planet prior to us. I would also like to believe in this or find some proof of it, however (and I may be completely wrong in this assumption) if ancient technologically advanced civilizations existed wouldn't there be something left of their cities... I mean I know a lot of decay can happen in 10,000+ years but where is their NYC or Tokyo or Hong Kong? I would think something would be left, if not the structures themselves then some type of fossil record or something. I just find it had to believe that ancient advanced civilizations would only build in stone.

Also, depending upon the energy source they used I would think that there would be a record of this as well. Like us for instance use combustible energy and as a result there are remnants of this in soil samples (i am pretty sure I have heard this but cant remember where at the moment). It just seems to me that if an ancient civilization used a form of energy similar to us we would see some kind or record of it in the soil.
Slightly off topic, there is a documentary that deals in part with possible energy sources of the Egyptians, its called the pyramid code and it is probably old news to most people on ATS but I found it interesting. Its on You Tube in 5 sections, the second sections deals most with this topic if i remember correctly. Not saying i believe all of it just saying its interesting and worth a watch if you haven't already seen it.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
to understand ancient civilizations is to understand humans today who are these adavanced ppl who live amongst us (today) who create technology? and led us to believe they are like us when in factthey are not they just look like us.......the bible says "let us come make man in our image" only the creators of this web engine get what im sayen lol

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
We should all be aware in these times after all the information out there, that we can no longer assume empirical evidence means anything at all. You can be made, through tech, to see what someone wants you ti see, for instance, and believe, and so forth. If it is a holographic universe, for instance, then any simulation looks and becomes real by virtue of your acceptance of having seen it, processed it, and accepted it, as real, and most new age philosophy, sells you the idea that just desiring a certain set of facts, makes it so......
Let me ask a questions, based on responses I read here and in virtually every other thread on this forum: what if you were beings who did not need to consume anything in order to survive and thrive? What if you did not need to eat? How would that change the present matrix and your interpretation of survival? And yes, this has a great deal to do with technology, it's purported history and how our history and physical nature has been structured, and therefore manipulated?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
you are on to something but i want other's who are arrogant and closed minded to tackle that question

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

to understand ancient civilizations is to understand humans today who are these adavanced ppl who live amongst us (today) who create technology? and led us to believe they are like us when in factthey are not...

It's not often that such a poster will hit on absolute truth by complete random accident, but that's the case above.

It is true that "they are not like us." Well, at least not like you.

That's right, they're educated. That's the difference here.

Harte

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
so what came 1st school/education
or divine intelligence?

school n education did not build itself

we are inherently itelligent due to the creator so please explain how technology appears out of thin air as it does? maybe in crazy university where you attended people built things with magic like the harry potter movies depict. but over here in america they pound us with books and force us out into the world to get a job thats all education does for us.........so how is technology made? now that i woke you up out of your sleep????

somewhwere between go to school and get a job.... you have to learn how to make technology from scratch right? wrong than you wouldnt be a slave any more.......they have to keep you at a disadvantage at all times so you have to always run back to them.....

technology is made from melatonin this dark matter can be found in the pineal gland.....when your pineal gland is resonating energy you can make anything yo think of appear into material existence now you know how technology is made......thats a natural ability that has been stripped from us...

think with your head not with your brainwashed mind...
edit on 22-11-2011 by starsystem3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

technology is made from melatonin this dark matter can be found in the pineal gland.....when your pineal gland is resonating energy you can make anything yo think of appear into material existence

I am just asking this out of complete curiosity...... Where are you getting this "dark matter.... in the pineal gland" thing? Do you have any links in regards to this or any information on this statement? I only ask cause this kinda sounds like Harry Potter magic to me.....

Thanks in advance

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join