It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizonans Dare To Defy The Feds Again!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Arizonans Dare To Defy Feds Again

Just when you thought Arizona couldn’t get any more provocative, or push any more of the federal government’s buttons, it looks like America’s 48th state may actually become the 15th state to adopt another very controversial law!

“Secretary of State Ken Bennett’s office on Tuesday certified that organizers of the initiative campaign had turned in enough signatures to get the measure on the ballot.”

What measure is he referring to?

The Medical Marijuana Initiative, of course!

Good for them. It's good to see the states acting in the spirit of the Tenth Amendment and defying useless federal drug laws.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
glad to hear it, the feds were never supposed to have this much power in the first place, but as with all government, once you give them something its very hard to take it away.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by A-Dub
glad to hear it, the feds were never supposed to have this much power in the first place, but as with all government, once you give them something its very hard to take it away.

Why is that? Obama, someone who has admitted to drug use, has the power to get a process started to remove marijuana prohibition from the books. A vast majority of Americans seem to have no real problem with marijuana usage. What's the deal?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
No offense, but other states have already started the initiative to make marijuana legal for medical purposes and none of it was tauted as pushing the Federal government's buttons.

Colorado, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Oregon, etc.

Other than being in the spotlight for the illegal immigration law, I see no reason why this is any more inflammatory than any of the other 13 or more states' pending legislation regarding medical marijuana use.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
While it is a step in the right direction, only a full legalization of marijuana would decrease the violence caused by drug gangs.

These gangs make vast amounts of money by doing illegal trade, creating a monopoly of the drug industry leading to outrageous profits. If you legalize marijuana and make it a competitive business their profits will plummet and the violence will drop.

Anyway, it is still a good idea.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Medicinal pot is actually pretty benign compared to some of the harsher pain medication out there. Good for Arizona for standing up for State's rights. There's money to be made here.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
While it is a step in the right direction, only a full legalization of marijuana would decrease the violence caused by drug gangs.

Agree absolutely 100%.

Prohibition causes crime. We learned this in the 1930's. Somehow the people of that era had the good sense to eradicate prohibition. The fact that we continue the same useless exercise in these times is egregious and absurd.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontblink
Medicinal pot is actually pretty benign compared to some of the harsher pain medication out there.

It absolutely is for the simple reason that it's non-fatal.

Personally I don't think it should be restricted to medicinal use. It's a safer recreational intoxicant than alcohol.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I am beginning to wonder if there is a conspiracy behind the drug war and forcing such an innocent natural substance to become illegal.

What if the CIA is in on a conspiracy with the drug cartels to harvest the drugs, ship it here and make loads of profit. Thus feeding the cartel with excess capital and driving more Americans into prisons, especially in the southwest where the prisons are privatized which would feed profit into the owners of those privatized prisons.

Just a thought.

[edit on 6/8/10 by Misoir]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by A-Dub

Why is that? Obama, someone who has admitted to drug use, has the power to get a process started to remove marijuana prohibition from the books. A vast majority of Americans seem to have no real problem with marijuana usage. What's the deal?

A vast majority? Where do you get this idea? I don't know anyone who supports marijuana. Most places of employment will fire you if you test for it. I don't think that is not having a problem with it.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
A vast majority? Where do you get this idea? I don't know anyone who supports marijuana. Most places of employment will fire you if you test for it. I don't think that is not having a problem with it.

I keep seeing an 80% figure in polls. Most places of employment test for it for reduced insurance rates, not because they are anti-marijuana.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

I am beginning to wonder if there is a conspiracy behind the drug war and forcing such an innocent natural substance to become illegal.

I absolutely believe in such a conspiracy. It's one of the few CTs I believe is real.

What if the CIA is in on a conspiracy with the drug cartels to harvest the drugs, ship it here and make loads of profit.

Definitely, but coc aine is more profitable. Back in the late 80s a few CIA agents were busted in Moultrie, GA in a small plane packed with coc aine.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Glad to see this happening, although, one right doesnt fix a wrong

They are still bastards for that immigration law, if upheld, all white people would be forced out of arizona and back to england where they came from leaving only american indians in arizona as american indians are the only true native people of arizona.

at least now, the indians could smoke their peace pipe legally.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by hisshadow
They are still bastards for that immigration law, if upheld, all white people would be forced out of arizona and back to england where they came from leaving only american indians in arizona as american indians are the only true native people of arizona.

And how would that law make that happen to "white people" who were born indigenously?

Also, what makes you think all "white people" came from England?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I'll tell you what the deal is....ever hear of Merk? Eli Lilly? Big Pharmacutial corperations? Marijuana has been shown to help with my medical maladies, and this alone will cut out the medicines we get pushed at us all the time, every time one turns he big knob to find some life in the wasteland. I use it for nervous anxiety and for chronic pain. My only other choices are Xanax or Valium, both proved to be addictive, and for pain I have taken every known pain drug over the last 27 years, all the way up to and including Methadone. So, if the choice is something made by Mother Earth, or something manufactured in a pharmacudical company, I will choose the natural thing every time. I have been hearing my own State, the Republic of Ohio is considering a similar measure on the November ballot.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
If you are a smoker, growing your own is the only way to get the benefits I would guess. I have a feeling that the weed people are buying in the streets is trickled down from the government somewhere, and it has so many harmful chemicals and pesticides and who knows what else that it does more damage than benefit.

I'm not sure how it works with the seeds, but I would guess if an individual was growing he or she could eliminate all the extra stuff being added.

Next mission : Eliminate flouride from toothpaste and water.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

I'll tell you what the deal is....ever hear of Merk? Eli Lilly? Big Pharmacutial corperations? Marijuana has been shown to help with my medical maladies, and this alone will cut out the medicines we get pushed at us all the time

Indeed. Legalization would cost not only the pharmaceutical industry money but arguably the alcohol industry and even some chemical companies. It could also collapse the economies of countries that export it regularly. There are more effects I could list but it seems there's too many industries profiting from the prohibition to make legalization a viable possibility at this point.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I started this thread in 2008
www.abovetopsecret.com...
It is referring to Cocaine, but if the DEA is in on Coke deals you know they are in on Marijuana deals as well, and nothing happens without the knowledge if not the help of the CIA.
This might be more recent
www.wethepeople.la...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Bout time, Im tired of watching people going to prison over a plant they posses.

I would rather that space be taken by a violent criminal. Or an illegal alien.

Best way to destroy the cartels is to destroy its value. Decriminalize the drugs,no one likes it but its not worth people making huge profits off the murder and destruction of a substance because of prohibition.

i tell ya what, try and make it legal and you will not only turn the cartels against you but the feds too.

They both profit from it. That is why it must be decriminalized.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TaxpayersUnleashed

It shouldn't be decriminalized. The problem with decriminalization is that it only makes certain aspects of it legal. And even then often it isn't "legal" but rather just a fine. And it shouldn't even be a fine.

But as I said, many examples of decriminalization do not legalize everything. It only legalizes possession. Selling and growing will remain illegal more often than naught in cases of decriminalization and the major issues caused by the Drug War will remain.

It needs full legalization. That simple. It shouldn't have been made illegal in the first place.

top topics

join