It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have the Jews/Israel ever helped anyone?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

It's really funny you are comparing Israel to Tibet and Cuba .... have those countries received the same amount of financial aid as Israel from the US?

But i can still name a few that were helped by Tibet and Cuba

Remember how Dalai Lama signed for a twitter account? After that so did most probably another 200.000 people ... so it was helpful for mr Evan Williams ( founder of twitter)...

I will give you even a closer in time example regarding Cuba , on how Fidel stated that US actually sank the south korean ship , he may have been of great help to the world...

If you find my post of topic , so was yours so stop complaining

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I'm not after an anti Israel debate here...

Just facts answering the topic please...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Reply to post by virgom129

calm down.

my family faught and suffered in concentration camps- I saw the tattoos my whole childhood.

my subtle point- which you obviously missed- was that Israel has no obligation to help non-jews. sorry but its par for the course. do you see christians helping non-christians or muslims helping non-muslims? not much, huh?
good on australia, but what about the countries I specifically stated- tibet and cuba? these are 'world powers' but where are their armies to 'help' others?

when you 'help' someone are you really helping them or yourself?

don't get emotional- that doesn't help ANYONE

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

Tibet and Cuba haven't exactly got mobile Armed Forces and if they did China and USA (respectivly) would stop them...

So I really dont see your point... I'm talking about Strong countries....
Of which Israel is one..

BTW, sorry about your family..I lost a few relatives too...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Reply to post by charlie_the_loafer

how is my post off topic? I'm pretty sure I'm talking about Israel.........

signing up for twitter is helping the world? LMFAO I have spent time with HHDL and he has done a bit more than that.

back to Israel........
there is no one on ATS with the authority to judge Israel's actions of self-preservation and this is a thinly veiled anti-semetic thread.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

this is a thinly veiled anti-semetic thread.

Whatever you wish to think..To me it is just a question..If that makes it anti-semetic in your eyes it's not my fault although I find it hard to believe a relatively harmless question could be...

Ny post about staying on topic was posted to EVERYONE....Not you..

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by IandEye

there is no one on ATS with the authority to judge Israel's actions of self-preservation and this is a thinly veiled anti-semetic thread.

Maybe you don't understand what democracy means... citizens of a given country aren't allowed to ask questions about their allies and what are they bringing to the table on their own expense?
It seems that your understanding of the concept "judge" is distorted ...

You know who is not untitled to judge? you or others only by using the expression "anti-semitic" against someone and consider it to be self defense...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Israel has never used their military in any capacity that did not directly benefit Israel or Israelis.

They have never been active in UN Peacekeeping missions, making them a distinct minority in the world.

Aside from the occasional disaster relief, the amount of "help" they offer tends to be pretty minimal.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Pretty much my thoughts...

Its nearlly midnight here in OZ, many replies and no one can come up with a time Israel helped...

I'm going to bed, with the same theory.....

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlie_the_loafer
reply to post by IandEye

It's really funny you are comparing Israel to Tibet and Cuba

Well why not. It saves actually talking about Israel doesn't it? Just changing the subject mid thread.

Don't fall for it. You're now talking about the Dalai Lama and that will inevitably lead to China and then we can talk about Britain and opium and why the sky is blue.

It's just misdirection and trolling. I'm still eager to hear about what Israel has done to help others. I've been very curious about that the past few days and haven't gotten an answer.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I don't think I want to get into this issue too much, but in regards to the comparison with Australia, remember that Israel as a modern nation has only existed since 1948. Thus, they obviously didn't fight in many of the wars you list Australia as being involved with.

Here's one small thing I did find for you: (it's about 3/4 the way down the page)

en.wikipedia.org...

In August 1990, Iraq invaded Kuwait, triggering the Gulf War between Iraq and a large allied force, led by the United States. Iraq attacked Israel with 39 Scud missiles. Israel did not retaliate. Israel provided gas masks for both the Palestinian population and Israeli citizens.

Given that the Israelis in general do not like the Palestinians, that was rather nice of them. Still, if I can find that in five minutes, there are likely better examples out there.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I do remember them sending the IDF to Haiti recently. Only because I remember that propaganda video where they mocked the Palestinian effort to help the earthquake afflicted. I'll see if I can find the video. If you mean strictly militarily though I haven't heard anything.

www.israelnationalnews.com...

www.youtube.com...

just to add when you type IDF help into google there are no suggestions

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

Iraq attacked Israel with 39 Scud missiles

Thanks but they were attacked....

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

THanks for the reply...

Sending troops to a disaster zone is great but not exactly putting them in harmsway...Nice PR though...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
Israel provided gas masks for both the Palestinian population and Israeli citizens.

This is a very good example. And also one that has effected me personally. When I was buying gas masks for my family. I noticed Israel has a line of very affordable and functional gas masks, not just for adults but also for children and pets. And that they sell them internationally.

Infact I'd rate them some of the best gas masks in the world.

And their willingness to drill and prepare their citizens for disaster and provide them with safe areas is certainly a very responsible move by their government. I'm fairly certain our governments would just leave us there to die, and then use the crisis to expand their own powers. But thanks to Israel I am not entirely unprepared.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by belial259]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

I'm sure Israel help their own citizens out very well...

Love the bit about the pet mask though

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129

THanks for the reply...

Sending troops to a disaster zone is great but not exactly putting them in harmsway...Nice PR though...

True enough. There were plenty of American troops there already doing the job, too many cooks spoil the broth comes to mind. But in the true spirit of the challenge I though I would find something.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlie_the_loafer

Originally posted by IandEye

Maybe you don't understand what democracy means... citizens of a given country aren't allowed to ask questions about their allies and what are they bringing to the table on their own expense?
It seems that your understanding of the concept "judge" is distorted ...

You know who is not untitled to judge? you or others only by using the expression "anti-semitic" against someone and consider it to be self defense...

thank you but i know what democracy means. i also know how the world operates. delusions of grandeur are common and its so much easier to attack the idea of a nation than to work on our own faults.

you are getting upset about something over which you have absolutely no control- why?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

lol, your right..12000 US troops within 2 days if I remember right..

And thanks for adding to the thread...

After midnight here and no true denials to my thread....

I'll look back tomorrow

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

Please stay on topic.
Best not to reply to off topic posts...

Sheesh, I sound like a mod

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join