It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have the Jews/Israel ever helped anyone?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by Eliad

There is a big gap in comprehension out there and no distinction is made between the old Zionists, the new Zionists, the Jews and the Israelis.

There are many Jews, some are Israelis, but not all of those are the new Zionists by any means, and of course some Israelis are Muslims.

It is impossible to deny that Israel has an agenda, but like the United States who also have an agenda, the agenda is not necessarily one of the peoples choosing. Should we tar all Americans with the oil grabbing brush just because that is the agenda of their government?

Labels are bandied with little of no understanding of what they actually mean, and this is a failing of both camps, and of things in the world generally.

There are good and bad people in all walks of life, no matter what their race, creed or culture.

I can honestly agree with most of what you're saying, with a few exceptions here and there regarding the meaning of new zionism, the different between that and just being an israeli and proud of your country, etc.
On that note I'd like to add that the situation in israel is so much more complex than what people think, or are shown on the news, which makes the people here much more complicated than it might seem, and putting on labels might be a bit difficult.. Plus without really understanding all of the complexities you can't even begin to judge the actions of the israeli government, because most of the time you don't have the full picture.
The way I see it some people become anti israeli because they believe it's the "cool" or "right" thing to do, especially young people, without really having, or caring for, the full picture.
You can see that when a protester says the jews have no right to be in israel, then asked "what about the bible" to which he responds "what?" and asked again "what about the mentioning of the jews in the bible in the kingdom of israel 3000 years ago?" to which he answers "well, I don't know about that, but they shouldn't be there".
So it doesn't really matter if you call it anti israelism, anti zionism, or anti new-zionism, once it starts being "the right thing to do" with disregard to fact finding, being informed, or viewing both sides of the story it receives the basic form of antisemitism.

And again, I agree with most of what you say.
Thank you for your intelligent and kind post.
With respect,
Eliad.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
When Arabs and Israelis come together in the interest of common good.
I feel the the OP is just trolling.
www.imra.org.il...
Monday, June 7, 2010
Emek Hospital saves a Palestinian boy from Jenin

Emek Hospital saves a Palestinian boy from Jenin

Foreign Ministry 6 June 2010
[IMRA: The item is written in the first person - apparently by a doctor at
the hospital]

"My son and I are not the same as we were before this happened and I will
share this with my family and friends."

On Thursday, June 3, 2010, 15 year old Muhammed Kalalwe was working in his
family's fields. They live in Jenin, a Palestinian city in the northern West
Bank, bordering Israel's Jezreel Valley and the city of Afula. The boy
noticed a deadly viper snake and tried killing it with a rock, but the
dangerous creature struck out and bit his right palm. Screams and panic
ensued and within minutes, the boy's father, Hafed, grabbed his stricken son
and rushed him to the Jenin Hospital. They were ill-prepared to treat the
boy, had no anti-serum and decided to send him by ambulance to the Emek
Medical Center in Afula. Hafed later related that he was genuinely afraid to
be taken to Emek because he was sure that they would be ignored and not even
spoken to. His son's palm and arm were critically swollen and the pain was
unbearable.

The humanitarian reality of Emek shocked both the father and son as they
were immediately greeted in Arabic, rushed into the ER where Emek's
multi-ethnic staff administered life-saving anti-serum and brought the boy
back from the brink of death. Muhammed lay for the next two days in the
pediatric intensive care unit and is now resting comfortably in Emek's
pediatric surgical department from where he will be released in the next
couple of days.

I asked the father how he felt now about Emek Hospital and the Israelis he
has come into contact with. Staring me straight in the eyes he said, "Our
people do not know the truth about you and our medicine has a long way to
go. My son and I are not the same as we were before this happened and I will
share this with my
family and friends. May Allah bless all of you." As he spoke, he
gesticulated determinedly in a classic Middle Eastern style and when we
shook hands as I wished them both well, the grip was firm and real. I have
shaken many such hands and gazed into many Palestinian eyes that had seen
here a reality that they never expected to see.

While walking back to my office, I passed one of my best friends - the Head
of our Emergency Services, Dr. Azziz Daroushe who is a Muslim from the
nearby Israeli village of Iksal. I asked him what he thought about this
latest case where we were able to save another life from Jenin. With a
twinkle in his eye and a knowing grin he answered, "It's a good thing there
are snakes."
Established in 1924, Emek Medical Center is a community hospital that serves
a culturally rich population that is equally divided (50/50) between Jews
and Arabs. With a mixed medical staff of Jews and Arabs, its guiding
philosophy is Coexistence Through Medicine.

Among the IDF medical staff that was rushed to establish a fully equipped
field hospital in Haiti following the earthquake was Emek's Dr. Asher
Pressman, a senior pediatric surgeon. Upon the Israeli medical teams' return
home, Dr. Pressman shared stories of the devastation and human suffering
they witnessed as they battled to save hundreds of lives of children and
adults.

A defining moment in his experiences there was when a little girl whose
chest was caved in arrived near death and the surgeons were not sure if she
could be saved. After many hours of delicate and painstaking surgery
followed by anxious post-op moments, the little girl finally opened her eyes
and smiled at him. ''It was moments like that that rejuvenated me and the
others and we knew how important our being there was.''

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dherik

All true but here in Australia we have the ADF, guess what the D stands for.

Anyways, I personally think this thread for the most part has gone pretty well. We have read about all the good things Jewish people have done for the world.
I have also seen very little hate speach from anyone..

I liked the post saying if every country helped eachother we wouldn't need wars...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Israel and the Jews have helped many people, but the question really focuses on the IDF. Have they ever helped another country in trouble?

I don't know. I don't think so, but I'm sure they would do whatever they could if requested. They are a very well armed but mostly defensive force.

Hypothetically, a case like the one in the movie, The Mouse That Roared, where the Duchy of Grand Fenwick invades and conquers the United States would be ideally tailored to a rescuing counterstrike by the IDF.

Shalom.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I remember when I served in the SADF( South African Defence Force) in the 80's we had a lot of israeli top brass "assisting" with god knows what.....

So there you go...a definitive answer, YES, israel helped an apartheid regime in its oppression of the majority of SA's population.....

Deja vu anyone???

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Israel has saved the U.S. several times.

That's why the U.S. is so loyal to them.

They saved the U.S. in the invisible secret weapons war that will never be spoken of in the media. I don't remember who said this, unfortunately.

They also mentioned that Russia had buildings in America wired with nuclear weapons. Israel has Russia wired the same way. Russia blows up America and Israel will blow up Russia.

Anyone know who said this?
Apologies for the lack of details.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Russian buildings wired up by israel with nukes???

Israel has helped the US??

USS Liberty anyone???

If anything pal, its the other way round..

Nice, bright avatar though.....

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mothershipzeta
Sorry, but Jews don't believe in hell or Satan - at least, not in the traditional sense. And the "prophecy" is in the New Testament.

So, I'm going to go with "Christian with a strong belief in the End Times" on this one. But thanks for your contribution to the bashing of Semites on ATS.

Actually most of the Biblical material I'm quoting is from the old Testament. The evil one is spoken of extensively in Job and the prophets. Hence any fundamentalist Jew, would acknowledge the great spiritual battle between good and evil, even if they reject the New Testament.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

So you have a problem with the idea that condemning an entire race and a nation for no rational reason is reprehensible? I'm just calling it as I see it, anti-semitism inspired by the devil.

I think your response is a good example of atheistic extremism. Is it possible to see objectively how insane the knee jerk hate Israel extremism is?

Maybe you should go back to reading your Koran or the Protocols of the Elders of Zion or whatever screed dictates your thinking. O wait all you need is the main stream news to get your Jew hating in.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

wonder what Jesus meant?

Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place."

“Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it.

Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Yes, everyday the Jews and Israel helps people. In-fact right now they are! Israel is the leading country in technology and education in the middle east. My girlfriend visited there a few months ago and loved it! She said most of the people she talked to there didn't hate Palestinians and said it was more of a political thing. Do not hate the people of Israel or Jews hate the "men behind the curtain" if you think that they exist.

THANKS!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Yes, everyday the Jews and Israel helps people. In-fact right now they are! Israel is the leading country in technology and education in the middle east. My girlfriend visited there a few months ago and loved it! She said most of the people she talked to there didn't hate Palestinians and said it was more of a political thing. Do not hate the people of Israel or Jews hate the "men behind the curtain" if you think that they exist.

THANKS!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Jews? Of course! They're just people after all.

Israel? Nah.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
reply to post by Hulk Hogan

It's amazing the anti-semitic trash that is flooding over ATS these days. Most of you should be ashamed of yourselves, but then I have to remind myself that hatred of the jews is a built in satanic response for those who are controled by evil and are on their way to hell. It was prophesied in the Bible that the whole world will hate Israel and be destroyed because of their unjust persecution of Israel.

Well reading his post in context, he is saying the "anti-semitic trash" is actually doing Gods work... Not sure why he is arguing in that case

that's right, anyone who doesn't bow down to Israel and extreme jews is anti semetic. you and your buddy with your holier than thou jews are above everyone else attitudes is doing you NO favors. Please keep defending Irasels terrorism, and your beliefs you are above everyone else. sad.

PS The only reason America stands by them is the stranglehold christians have on this country they want your holyland for themselves

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Hulk Hogan]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

If he's going to act in such a manner, it doesn't help his cause, does it?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Look, there is a distinction that needs to be made. Please do not classify 'the Jews' with Israel. They are two different, separate things. There ARE Jews in Israel, but also all over the rest of the world. I'm Jewish in America (though i follow mostly my own beliefs, but my family is Jewish), and i totally condemn Israel's actions. You have every right to have a perspective, but please don't condemn an entire group, that's just absurd and foolish. There are Jews that do good things and Jews who do bad things, just like Christians, Muslims, Hindus, etc.

Here's my take on the situation. I think Israel is like a kid at school who has been beaten up so much, that he jumps the gun and sees things as a threat that aren't. He's been beaten up for so long, that he is jumpy everytime he sees something that can be percieved as a threat (i.e even a person walking over grinning). Not that it makes Israel's actions right but it's probably what their psyche is like. It's a bit of paranoia, and Israel is 'jumpy'.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by mossme89]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Found this take a peak while looking for another vid, kinda adds some info for ya.
p.s if its already posted just ignore it.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by DreamerOracle]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

Good video. Funny and makes a very good point, that Israel is not sitting on it's duff, doing nothing to benefit and improve the human condition on the planet. They are in there pitching like everyone else.

However, we are seldom criticized for the good we do.

It's the bad stuff that seems to get other people upset. For all the brilliance of the Israelis and the Jews in general, they haven't been able to come up with a way to make themselves and the Arabs around them happy.

There is a good reason for that.

The situation involving Israel and its neighbors is a gordian knot of competing political and cultural imperatives that stretches as far away as Washington. The situation in the middle east will not improve until the last drop of oil is pumped out of the region.

The Israelis think that their worst enemies are their Arab neighbors but I'm not so sure of that. Uncle Sam is a little like Vito Corleone. He might do you a favor, but he might also need you to do something for him too. Capiche?

Like take a lot of heat and hold the fort.

When the oil is gone there might be a reassessment of Washington's commitment to Israel and maybe a more even handed approach to political solutions in the region.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

He meant that his kingdom was a heavenly one. At least until he comes to reclaim the earth for his own. The jews he was referring to here were agents of the corrupt Sanhedrin. The latter religious body, at that time was controlled by Rome.

The world order hasn't changed all that much. To conflate that statement to the 'jews' being the enemy of Jesus is preposterous. Especially considering that Jesus and all 12 apostles were Jews.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Why should they help anyone when they are the people the world hates the most?

This is not being facetious or smart alecky. This is a serious question.

Black people were enslaved, but they never had a war of genocide against them. Native Americans are in a way worse off than Jews because there is still a lot of racism against them and they're still limited to their reservations and they too did have a war of genocide against them.

But even at that, Jews are still the people the world hates the most.

There is no such thing as blaming the Holocaust on Native Americans. There are no such websites, at least to my knowledge, that are dedicated to the mantra of the Jews being behind every single evil act in the world such as Jew Watch. So on and so forth.

The Jews have Israel? Well, maybe not forever since there's a huge amount of Muslims out to destroy them for the conflict with the self proclaimed Palestinians. And an Apathetic UN that doesn't get riled when Hamas sends rockets to kill Israeli civilians doesn't help the situation either. Not to mention all the European racism against Jews.

So tell me again, why should they help anyone?

The only people who seem to be on their side in any way shape or form is America. America is Israel's strongest trading partner.

So I say again, because the world hates Israel and Jews, why should they help anyone?

If you were so hated, why should you help anyone?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join