It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have the Jews/Israel ever helped anyone?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Nuclear bombs were invented by 1800 authors, than the math was worked out.

Banking? Banking is older than Rome.

And why are those things wrong anyway?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
YESSSS!!!!!!! they buy jets and other military supplies tanks weapons etc from the USA which helps our economy giving us more money and strengthning our ally. And jews thats like religion/race thing so jews cant really be categorized in helping.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

I would stop worrying about everyone else, and start looking at yourself. Thats all that matters...

but also, America didn't join WW2 until nearly half way through... we didn't want to interfere... until the japs bombed us.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Some of the other islamic contributions to science - algebra, astronomy, medicine (if hadnt been for them many of the early medical advances from the egyptians, greeks and romans would have been lost to the world. along with continuing to practice and expand medical knowledge when all that christians or jews did was pray if someone fell ill and condemned practice/study of medicine as being "evil" or "the work of the devil") are just a few of the contributions to the world made by islamic scolars. Contrary to western belief islam does encourage learning along with open intellectual discourse..

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teabags
Nobel Prize Winners:
Chemistry (31 prize winners, 20% of world total, 28% of US total)
Economics (27 prize winners, 42% of world total, 56% of US total)

Barak Obama won a Nobel Peace Prize two months into office. I don't consider the "honor" meaningful. Also, considering the number of Israelis or Jews who have won, you might consider that evidence of who's in charge of who gets a Nobel Prize.

User "woodwardjnr", when you say they helped in the Haiti earthquake, do you mean they contributed financial help or did they get off their butts and do what financial contributors paid others to do?

[edit on 9-6-2010 by 30_seconds]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
It's amazing the anti-semitic trash that is flooding over ATS these days. Most of you should be ashamed of yourselves, but then I have to remind myself that hatred of the jews is a built in satanic response for those who are controled by evil and are on their way to hell. It was prophesied in the Bible that the whole world will hate Israel and be destroyed because of their unjust persecution of Israel.

Nevertheless I will respond to this retarded thread, even though it doesn't deserve it.

At least 180 Jews and persons of half- or three-quarters-Jewish ancestry have been awarded the Nobel Prize,1 accounting for 22% of all individual recipients worldwide between 1901 and 2009, and constituting 36% of all US recipients2 during the same period. In the research fields of Chemistry, Economics, Physics, and Physiology/Medicine, the corresponding world and US percentages are 27% and 39%, respectively. Among women laureates in the four research fields, the Jewish percentages (world and US) are 38% and 50%, respectively.3 (Jews currently make up approximately 0.25% of the world's population and 2% of the US population.)

from www.jinfo.org... .

Thanks to Jewish scientists your quality of living is much higher and your medical care is much better. Israel has the highest per capita number of Ph.D.s and the greatest percentage of high tech. workers in the world.

The cell phone was developed in Israel by Israelis working in the Israeli branch of Motorola, which has its largest development center in Israel.

2. Most of the Windows NT and XP operating systems were developed by Microsoft-Israel.

3. The Pentium MMX Chip technology was designed in Israel at Intel. Both the Pentium-4 microprocessor and the Centrino processor were entirely designed, developed, and produced in Israel.

4. The Pentium microprocessor in your computer was most likely made in Israel.

5. Voice mail technology was developed in Israel.

6. Both Microsoft and Cisco built their only R&D facilities outside the US in Israel.

7. The technology for the AOL Instant Messenger ICQ was developed in 1996 by four young Israelis.

8. According to industry officials, Israel designed the airline industry's most impenetrable flight security. US officials now look to Israel for advice on how to handle airborne security threats.

9. Israel's $100 billion economy is larger than all of its immediate neighbors combined.

10. Israel has the highest percentage in the world of home computers per capita.

11. Israel has the highest ratio of university degrees to the population in the world.

12. Israel produces more scientific papers per capita than any other nation by a large margin — 109 per 10,000 people — as well as one of the highest per capita rates of patents filed.

13. In proportion to its population, Israel has the largest number of startup companies in the world. In absolute terms, Israel has the second largest number of startup companies after the US (3,500 companies mostly in hi-tech).

14. With more than 3,000 high-tech companies and startups, Israel has the highest concentration hi-tech companies in the world — apart from the Silicon Valley, US.

15. Israel is ranked #2 in the world for venture capital funds right behind the US.

16. After the United States and Canada, Israel has the largest number of NASDAQ listed companies.

17. Israel has the highest average living standards in the Middle East. The per capita income in 2000 was over $17,500, exceeding that of the UK.

18. On a per capita basis, Israel has the largest number of biotech startups.

Twenty-four percent of Israel's workforce hold university degrees — ranking it third in the industrialized world, after the United States and Holland — and 12% hold advanced degrees.

20. Israel is the only liberal democracy in the Middle East.

In 1984 and 1991, Israel airlifted a total of 22,000 Ethiopian Jews at risk in Ethiopia to safety in Israel.

When Golda Meir was elected Prime Minister of Israel in 1969, she became the world's second elected female leader in modern times.

When the US Embassy in Nairobi, Kenya, was bombed in 1998, Israeli rescue teams were on the scene within a day — and saved three victims from the rubble.

24. Israel has the third highest rate of entrepreneurship — and the highest rate among women and among people over 55 — in the world.

25. Relative to its population, Israel is the largest immigrant-absorbing nation on earth. Immigrants come in search of democracy, religious freedom, and economic opportunity.

26. Israel was the first nation in the world to adopt the Kimberly process, an international standard that certifies diamonds as "conflict free."

27. Israel has the world's second highest per capita rate of publishing new books.

28. Israel is the only country in the world that entered the 21st century with a net gain in its number of trees, made more remarkable because this was achieved in an area considered mainly desert.

29. Israel has more museums per capita than any other country.

30. In the field of medicine, Israeli scientists developed the first fully computerized, no-radiation diagnostic instrumentation for breast cancer.

31. An Israeli company developed a computerized system for ensuring proper administration of medications, thus removing human error from medical treatment. Every year in US hospitals 7,000 patients die from treatment
mistakes.

32. Israel's Givun Imaging developed the first ingestible video camera, so small it fits inside a pill. Used to view the small intestine from the inside, the camera
helps doctors diagnose cancer and digestive disorders.

33. Researchers in Israel developed a new device that directly helps the heart pump blood, an innovation with the potential to save lives among those with heart failure. The new device is synchronized with the heart's mechanical operations through a sophisticated system of sensors.

34. Israel leads the world in the number of scientists and technicians in the workforce, with 145 per 10,000, as opposed to 85 in the US, over 70 in Japan, and fewer than 60 in Germany. With over 25% of its work force employed in technical professions, Israel places first in this category as well.

35. A new acne treatment developed in Israel, the ClearLight device, produces a high-intensity, ultraviolet-light-free, narrow-band blue light that causes acne bacteria to self-destruct — all without damaging surroundings skin or tissue.

36. An Israeli company was the first to develop and install a large-scale solar-powered and fully functional electricity generating plant (in southern California's Mojave desert).

www.factsandlogic.org...

Finally for the moral infants among you, Judaism is the root of the worlds most successful religions, Christianity and Islam. But more importantly it is the Jews who have given the world the messiah, Jesus Christ, God's only Son. The only way that man may be saved and reconciled to God.

No wonder you hate the Jews. They are God's chosen people.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Stating that the Jews gave the world the Messiah, Jesus Christ as if it were a matter of fact, then backup up the statement with allegations of everyone else being "retarded" is, I believe, a great example of a non-sequitur.

Myself, I am German. I say German because most of my great grandparents were born there. I am also one quarter "Jewish", but I never speak of myself as such, because I don't believe that Jews are a race, neither do I believe if you follow the religion it makes you a Jew.

What all Jews have in common is that they call themselves Jews. I don't think much else binds them. As far as race, genetics, appearance, ancestry, nation of origin... Jews are so varied that the label no longer makes any sense.

But what does upset me whenever I hear about "Jews" discussing themselves, is the attitude that the creator of the universe has some special preference for some of his creation over others. Further, that this attitude is used by some (not all) to excuse behavior that would be inexcusable in any other situation.

Everyone should act right, regardless of what "people" you think you are a member of. And using God's will to support your argument when the god you speak of seems to be invisible, inaudible, and untouchable is merely grasping at straws to find an excuse to excuse yourself.

Get real.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by 30_seconds]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Can
we
please!
get above these threads that drag us down. NO, we should not ignore what the Israelis do, and don't do, but it is very difficult to separate the Israeli government from the Israeli people, just like any other country.
Israeli people can be good. Their government can be bad.
Substitute any other country for Israeli.

We have the POWERFUL, and we have THE REST OF US. OIL AND WATER.

That is the universal truth.

Great post..My feelings exactly...

Everyone blames "the people" for what their leaders do...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

There is a difference between an individual Jewish person and Israel as a country. Many Jewish people have been scientists that have discovered great things so it simply seems racist to ask have the Jews helped anyone.

Israel is another matter and it depends where you stand. If you were all for the Gulf wars then yes Israel helped by supplying landing strips and even troops. If you don't support these wars then Israel really hasn't done very much in the world other than cause trouble.

Once again though, it's very wrong to compare all Jewish people with the actions of Israel.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

That's actually a pretty good point. Just pick any country in the entire world and I can point to an era in history where they behaved as bloodthirsty savages, with scores of human rights violations.

Pick any Muslim nation and it's a no brainer. How about one of our favorite enlightened ultra liberal nations. Sweden maybe? Anyone ever heard of the Vikings?

Why don't you pick on those pesky Vikings. Still causing trouble I'll bet. One day they are acting all civilized and modern, with those northern european good looks and the next day, its the horned helmets, red beards, long boats and mass slaughter. I don't think they've ever been brought to justice for their crimes.....

Don't you think it's a bit odd to single out a nation and race for unrelenting hatred? Doesn't that tickle your BS meter just a bit? Especially since they are the only democracy in the middle east and the only place in the Middle east with a semblance of basic human rights.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

yes they ve contributed to everything from weapons to the building blocks of international tele communicating snooping systems and illegal drugs market

yes praise to them for for overpriced oranges and flowers you can eat

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I agree and its great to see many posters pickup on that...

We are all people of the earth. For the most part we have all been brainwashed from birth to do and hate as expected by our leaders.

At birth we are a clean slate, a pupil.
To me there are NO bad pupils, just bad teachers...

BTW anyone calling me anti anything should look over my posts here and in other threads..

Like some have noted, in the heat of a thread we sometimes forget and attack the people (citizens) instead of their leaders....

A HUGE majority of Australians and Americans have been against most wars but what do our leaders do?? They send our children to die...

[edit on 9-6-2010 by virgom129]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by serendipitynow
After seeking verification of this, I'm finding that they "wanted" to help, but the U.S. wouldn't let them...funny since Iraq was firing missiles at Israel. I do remember watching the live coverage on television and seeing Isarael's military fighting back, but that must've been in a different reality or maybe it was just another glitch in the matrix. Seems to happen a lot with live news coverage. Maybe it's kind of like New Zealand not being in the right place?

America (Gov) and Israel (Gov) are one in the same. And everyone knows that America helps everyone. (Extreme Sarcasm) No disrespect to the majority of American people, just their Government.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by hornum]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
While having almost 3000 soldiers and few civilians killed. By the way, Australian population is now 22000000.
And evil murderous heartless expansionist Zionists fought in the same period of time in 6 wars. All on its borders. While having almost ten thousand soldiers and few thousand civilians killed. Israeli population now is 7000000.

Get you facts straight and quite frankly how dare you put Australian war dead at 3,000 soldiers. Hope it was just ignorance and not intentional insult to our dead, who indirectly died helping Israel’s would be citizens.

Australia lost 61,513 troops in WW1 alone out of only 4,000,000 at the time. Casualties are even more staggering.

Source: Australian War memorial

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazzeeedave
for the record several countries withhold their military from over sea ventures with the exception of relief and aid work Japan is forbidden from sending any personal outside of their country.
Switzerland keeps its people to home as well

Japan is not forbidden unless you mean by combat troops. Here's an article on the Aussie's defending Japanese engineers to re-build Afghanistan infrastructure

Operation Catalyst - www.defence.gov.au...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
If the author of this thread had no agenda to elicit anti-Jewish sentiment from other posters, why did he phrase the question the way he did? You are asking two distinct questions "have Jewish people in history helped non-Jews?" and "has the country Israel helped other countries?" but purposely lumping them together to insinuate that there is no distinction between the two.

"Well hey, Israel only looks out for its own interests so therefore so do Jews. I guess the Protocols are real after all."

[edit on 9/6/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Hmmm, want to tell me what I'll be thinking tomorrow aswell????

Read my other posts, or did you just read the opening post??

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

I've read most of your replies and can notice a pattern according to my own perspective. I'm not claiming to know your thoughts, but I can recognise when somebody pretends to encourage serious discussion on an issue, uses examples to support this claim, but steers the rest of the thread in the direction of the opening post.

On the other hand this could all be inside my own head. I could be wrong and judging you harshly. If this is the case then I apologise, but instinct tells me my first assumption was probably more accurate.

No hard feelings

[edit on 9/6/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Did you read this post? This is what I think..

We are all people of the earth. For the most part we have all been brainwashed from birth to do and hate as expected by our leaders.

At birth we are a clean slate, a pupil.
To me there are NO bad pupils, just bad teachers...

BTW anyone calling me anti anything should look over my posts here and in other threads..

Like some have noted, in the heat of a thread we sometimes forget and attack the people (citizens) instead of their leaders....

A HUGE majority of Australians and Americans have been against most wars but what do our leaders do?? They send our children to die...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Thank you for coming into this thread and giving everyone a good example of why people may hate Jews. Like all religions they have fundamental extremists and you are one of them.

Your opinions are almost no different from a radical Muslim.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join