It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twelve Americans Detained in Yemen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Twelve Americans Detained in Yemen

www.foxnews.com

Yemeni authorities have 12 Americans in custody, and the arrests may be linked to a joint U.S.-Yemeni anti-terror campaign, a State Department spokesman said Monday.

Spokesman PJ Crowley told reporters the U.S. was trying to get more information, but did not provide any further details.

The spokesman, P.J. Crowley, declined to provide details about the case, except to say the State Department is aware of the arrests and is seeking more information about the individuals being held.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

It was not immediately clear whether the 12 Americans cited by Crowley were among those reported to have been rounded up last week, but Crowley suggested there may be an anti-terrorism connection.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I have always suspected that the 'underwear bomber' was nothing but a patsy of TPTB here in America. Now Americans are being sought after by the Yemeni government and our government is saying that it isn't clear whether they are terrorists or working for the anti-terrorism effort. Is the line really that blurred? Interesting.

Could the American government or factions thereof be caught red-handed? Could these Americans actually be working for TPTB? What is the statement quoted above supposed to mean? Why are so many Americans in Yemen, acting suspiciously, at least enough to warrant the eye of the Yemeni government?

--airspoon

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Oh i wonder who those Americans were?

CIA. My favourite bogey men/women.

They will be out soon. I assume it was just a misunderstanding as the Yemeni government is clearly working in tangent with the Americans to defeat the rebel movement in the mountains of the country.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

and the arrests may be linked to a joint U.S.-Yemeni anti-terror campaign, a State Department spokesman said Monday.

Maybe. Maybe not. Who could really know? May be linked is basically the same as linked, because even if they're not you've already engaged in trial by media. Well done random unnamed state department spokesman!

Maybe the people acting in this "Joint U.S -Yemeni campaign" we're just now hearing about know if they're linked. It's a good thing the US obviously has intelligence operations and special forces there operating against the Yemeni terrorist threat.

Infact I'd say Yemen is 100% maybe part of the 75 member axis of evil that funds and assists "world terrorism"

Some of the detainees are also thought to be connected to radical American-Yemeni cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, who is believed to have inspired attacks on the U.S. and is hiding in Yemen, the Yemeni security officials said.

Are they still going with that? Seriously? Come on it's not even plausible. Awlaki is a bigger conspiracy theory than crop circles.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
CIA gets busted a lot lately.

But that's what happens when you don't practice like you preach.

new topics

top topics

join