It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus the Christ say he would come back with a sword? Super religious person needed.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Archirvion

where in norway is this? I am going soon and am very intersted in these things... is it publicly accesible?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Seems like this warning didn't work. He never will come back, because he never was here - simple logic.

I don't care if one is Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Atheist, whatever. That comment is ignorant.

I suppose you also don't believe Sir Isaac Newton existed either, huh?

Or Hitler, or Ghandi, or Benjamin Franklin? What about Buddha? Oh wait, he probably DID exist, just because he never claimed to be divine...

There is historical, scholarly evidence, that Jesus existed. The Jewish historian Josephus made reference to him, as did a number of others.

I really don't care if you believe he was divine or not. But choosing the point of view that "I don't like organized religions therefore I'll pretend Jesus didn't exist" is intellectually dishonest.

The Jewish people are historically meticulous when keeping records of their family lines and history. Therefore I find no reason to doubt that a historical person named Jesus existed based upon (non bible related) historical reference.

I have no personal stake in what you believe, other than wanting to expose the flaw in your thinking, because it is annoying when ANYONE--agnostic, atheist, christian, or other--puts forth an argument based upon ignorant assumptions.

"Jesus will not return with a sword, because he is not immortal"= I can respect your reasoning skills

"Jesus isn't coming back because he was never real" = Do you refute as well every NON-RELIGIOUS historical figure from antiquity?

You may now tell me to stick my response up my behind, fair enough.

You don't like organized religion, and I don't like ignorance.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
how is this similar to this???

i'm not saying they aren't truth - either or or neither - they both are.

BUT they are not similar in style whatsoever, nor do they use the same means to educate the reader!

The Prophet, i daresay, was not influenced by the bible but rather by the Angel Gabriel, who supposedly dictated the entire contents in a cave somewhere.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
First off I dislike the phrase "super religious". It insinuates that one's actions makes one more spiritual. But I digress.

You're thinking of Matthew 10:34.

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Jesus isn't fighting anyone here. He wasn't stating that he came to kill but that his teachings would cause people to quarrel with each other. This is easily seen if you read the rest of the verse in context. All the fighting is done between family members.

Moving slightly away from Jesus' actual words to other Bible prophecy we do see that Jesus is eventually ascribed with powers of war.

Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations.
-Revelation 19:15

Five times in the book of Revelation John emphasizes that the sword Jesus has comes from his mouth. The sword isn't a literal sword like a buccaneer or a knight would hold. This is a figurative way of saying that he will be able to rule with just the words of his mouth. I seriously doubt Jesus will need to fight anyone or that anyone would be able to disobey his commands.

If you're looking for blood and vengeance read Zechariah 14. Many people will attack Jerusalem and win. At that time Jesus will return and it appears as if the attackers meet a very terrible death. Still we don't see that the Messiah does this personally with a sword. We just see that they meet a terrible fate.

In short there are no verses that reference Jesus with a sword in his hand. His sword always has to do with the words that he speaks. Hope this answers your questions.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

BUT they are not similar in style whatsoever, nor do they use the same means to educate the reader!

The Prophet, i daresay, was not influenced by the bible but rather by the Angel Gabriel, who supposedly dictated the entire contents in a cave somewhere.

Uhmm... the Qu'ran does acknowledge the written work of mozes...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Maybe not an actual sword in hand but there is mentioned that Gods has a Sore and Terrible Sword, an insterment of destruction that has been used, sheathed at times and unsheathed at others.

My point here is in light of what some whine about all the time here when the subject comes up about a violent Jesus is this......there will be discomfort to put it mildly.

And frankly one can say this seek they vengence or not. Its going to be this way if the on looker morns or is jubilant at the crushing. Some of these that wince at the violence think they have some leg up spritualy against those that seem to look forward to it.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Well the Qu'ran does acknowledge the written work of moses... so there must be a link.... read the Qu'ran 17:2

[edit on 8-6-2010 by faceoff85]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

sure there is a link!!!

Ishmael and Isaac were both sons of Abraham!
both books mention many of the Patriarchs as well as Jesus and his mother, Mary.

but there being a link, or links, is not the same as the two providing much of the same information.

there are several common threads but that, also, is not the same.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The sword represents the word of God. The truth is mightier than any real sword, because people hate to hear it.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
At Armageddon who is leading the angelic armies into battle?

Jesus Christ.
Sword or bow and arrow, these are symbolic of power over his enemies. Because he has much more powerful weapons than that at his disposal.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theone2000
If so, what is the meaning of this sword? Is it a metaphor? I thought Jesus said turn the other cheek.

OK this should probably be in the Grey area! hehe Sorry.

At that time the chance for reconciliation to god and repentance will be done away with, and it's judgment time.

His patience will not go on for infinity.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Archirvion

"Listen," he said, "I had another dream, and this time the sun and moon and eleven stars were bowing down to me."-Gen37.9

They will be exposed to the sun and the moon and all the stars of the heavens, which they have loved and served and which they have followed and consulted and worshiped.-Jer8.2

And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.-2Pet1.19

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."-Acts4.12

And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says, "Let all God's angels worship him."-Heb1.6

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Theone2000

so also Christ died once for all time as a sacrifice to take away the sins of many people. He will come again, not to deal with our sins, but to bring salvation to all who are eagerly waiting for him.-Heb9.28(NLT)

First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation." 5But they deliberately forget that long ago by God's word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water. 6By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 7By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.-2Pet3.3

Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son.-1John2.22

it is not the natural children who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring.-Rom9.8

all because of the wanton lust of a harlot, alluring, the mistress of sorceries, who enslaved nations by her prostitution and peoples by her witchcraft.-Nah3.4

These things may be taken figuratively, for the women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar. 25Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children. 26But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother...At that time the son born in the ordinary way persecuted the son born by the power of the Spirit. It is the same now. 30But what does the Scripture say? "Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman's son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman's son."-Gal4.24

There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.-Eze23.20

He will be a wild donkey of a man -Gen16.12

For it is we who are the circumcision, we who worship by the Spirit of God, who glory in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh-Phil3.3

The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil.-Matt13.41

the power of sin is the law-1Cor15.56

the law that was put into effect through angels-Acts7.53

For to which of the angels did God ever say, "You are my Son-Heb1.5

For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law.-Gal3.21

Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you for the prize.-Col2.18

Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.-Col2.23

When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it.-Gen3.6

You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.-Gal5.4

The law, introduced 430 years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise.-Gal3.17

He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.-Gal3.14

So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.-Heb1.4

Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all-Col3.11

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
theres one bible prophecy which says he will come back as a thief in the night, wow, a thieving god, hope hes a good un

top topics

<< 1   >>

join