It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Touches Breast = LIFE IN PRISON

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
One Size Fits All Government?

A Nevada woman named Michelle Lyn Taylor "kissed a friend’s [13 year-old] child, forced him to touch her breast and asked him to have sex with her."

That's bad, but should the punishment be... life in prison? That was the sentence that she got.
In the sentencing, which is on youtube, the defense attorney argues:

"The sentence here shocks the conscience… The minimum penalty for first degree murder is 50 years. She could get 25 years for 2nd deg murder... She is getting a greater penalty for letting a boy touch her breast than for murder.”

The prosecutor didn't argue that a life sentence was reasonable -- rather, he just informed the judge that there was no choice:

"This is the sentence that the legislature of Nevada has created for this type of crime… now really there’s nothing left to be done except for the imposition of a life sentence."

after delivering the life sentence, The judge offered a confused-sounding explanation:

Ms. Taylor, you were charged with a crime with this sentence and apparently you weren't offered any plea deal... I've done a lot of these cases and I can't figure it out. To tell you the truth I don't know why they charge what they charge... and why they give plea bargans to some and others not, but I know that you had a jury trial, and you were charged, and this is the sentence. Good luck.

Good luck!? Julie Stewart of the group "Families Against Mandatory Minimums" tells us:

We are following this to its bitter end -- fighting to get it overturned in the State Supreme Court -- to try to make sure that this is overturned not just for her case, but that they overturn the law.

Once again, one-size-fits-all government policy imposes its nasty results.

LIFE IN PRISON over these charges? What's happened to reasonable sentencing in America?

Court proceedings:

+53 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
and if this had been a male coercing a young child of 13, we would all be hankering for a life sentence and castration.....

She is no better than the male paedos.....my heart bleeds......

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticniall
and if this had been a male coercing a young child of 13, we would all be hankering for a life sentence and castration.....

She is no better than the male paedos.....my heart bleeds......

I don't deny the crime here nor offer passes for pedophilia, but this is hardly worthy of a life sentence.

+25 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
What a ridiculous sentence, while i agree the action was wrong, she should have been placed on the sex offenders list and pay a fine to the family.

Shes spending the rest of her life in jail with murderurs.

Hey what are you in for?

I let a 13 year old boy touch my breast

Oh really, i murderd my husband with a screwdriver and im getting a lesser sentence than you.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
What.
No, really. What.

When the entire court of law acknowledges that it is ridiculous, something has to change. I don't even know to say. What can you say about this? Incredible times we live in.

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Where were these kinds of women when I was 13?

[southpark] Niiiccccceeeeeeee [/southpark]

What she did was wrong, and she does deserve punishment, but does she deserve such a huge sentence? No.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
This happens when a Federal Justice system is in bed with a Private Prison system.

for example.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
A local teacher was having sex with a 16 year old girl he got 15 -25 years. 2 years ago a co worker got pregnant by a 13 year ols boy she got 6 month suspended sentence and 2 years probation. He's suing for descrimination.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pixus
Where were these kinds of women when I was 13?

[southpark] Niiiccccceeeeeeee [/southpark]

What she did was wrong, and she does deserve punishment, but does she deserve such a huge sentence? No.

"We better give him his luckiest boy in America badge right away!" I know when I was 13 I would have killed for such a scenario too, but as you get older you kind of realise how weird and wrong it is. When your that age you just starting to get those crazy hormones that make it hard to think str8, she took advantage of that.
However I don't believe this sentence is accurate for the crime at all, and she is not as bad as a man doing this to a 13 year old girl. Why? Because if she gets pregnant it's her own stupid fault, not so if it had been a young girl. It would also be a penetrative act of sexual abuse by the man aswell much worse IMO. Makes me wonder where are these tough sentences for Paedophiles in the UK?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
What's happened to reasonable sentencing in America?

It's was replaced by hysterical, over emotional "won't somebody think of the children" ridiculousness about five seconds after the institution of the judiciary was founded.

This sentence speaks volumes of the double standard in society, if the story itself didn't already

She is getting a greater penalty for letting a boy touch her breast

Letting? I have never seen any story, nor could I imagine, a story in which somebody would utter the word's "letting a 13 year old girl touch his penis". It's just ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Well, clearly this person is a pederast, and should be right at home in prison.

The judge sounds senile, and it's as if he has no comprehension of what he's saying, but at least he gave props to 'they'. A small slip up there.

'They' do arrange every single detail.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
Why? Because if she gets pregnant it's her own stupid fault, not so if it had been a young girl.

By your logic, pedophilia by a man is more acceptable if it is done to a young boy than if it is done to a young girl. It is more acceptable if a girl is given a morning after pill.

It would also be a penetrative act of sexual abuse by the man aswell much worse IMO.

So it is also acceptable if the girl is just made to touch the person doing the abusing and no penetration takes place?

You're just wrong, you need to re-think your attitudes.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

yes it is worth a life sentence...in fact anyone abusing children be they male or female should be removed from society permanently.

Maybe it would make people think twice about hurting children.

What I don't agree with are the double standards we see varying in the length of jail time.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

Why? Because if she gets pregnant it's her own stupid fault, not so if it had been a young girl.

By your logic, pedophilia by a man is more acceptable if it is done to a young boy than if it is done to a young girl. It is more acceptable if a girl is given a morning after pill.

It would also be a penetrative act of sexual abuse by the man aswell much worse IMO.

So it is also acceptable if the girl is just made to touch the person doing the abusing and no penetration takes place?

That is certainly not my logic. How did you get that I would think it's acceptable 'if the girl is just made to touch the person doing the abusing and no penetration takes place' Why would I think that is acceptable? You have literally just made up what you think my beliefs are from a paragraph of text. As for the morning after pill the girl would have to be forced to take that too, unlike the older woman who could make that decision as she did the previous one to interfere with the child. Each case should be treated individually and this sentence is too harsh. I think you are projecting on to me some anger that would be better placed elsewhere. Your comments suggest that I support Paedophilia in certain circumstances, and I find that highly offensive and I think you should apologise. You are wrong just plain wrong. Good day to you sir.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Your comments suggest that I support Paedophilia in certain circumstances, and I find that highly offensive and I think you should apologise

Your comments suggest that you believe some pedophilia is more acceptable than other forms based on penetration and the chances of getting pregnant. I extrapolated your logic in an attempt to explain to you why I think your views are wrong and why I believe you should re-think your opinions. If you find that offensive I suggest you shouldn't have needed my urging to address your beliefs and I certainly won't apologise.

The violation of trust, the exercise of power and the loss of innocence are the things that make this crime so much more disgusting than the normal sex crime. The sex of the offender or victim are immaterial and any suggestion otherwise is sickening to me.

[edit on 8/6/10 by pieman]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Shouldn't the emotional impact of the victim come into this?

I mean, obviously if the young boy is traumatised for life then the sentence should reflect that. However if the boy is high-fiving his mates, and otherwise bragging, then the sentence is about as harsh as it gets.

I hate pedophiles as much as anyone else, but i think sometimes this label gets thrown around and conjures up images of creepy old men in coke-bottle glasses and trench coats when perhaps it might not really be correct. It ends up tugging the emotional strings instead of the rational strings.

A victim impact statement should be prime consideration in these cases.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GobbledokTChipeater

The difficulty there is that it's almost impossible to judge the impact at the time of the abuse. The boy might be bragging to his friends but why treat this any differently than a girl who is being abused feeling she is in love with her abuser?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticniall

yes it is worth a life sentence...in fact anyone abusing children be they male or female should be removed from society permanently.

I don't see the crimes in this case being worthy of life imprisonment. A time in prison, sure. Life in prison? The punishment seems disproportionate to the crime.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The law is flaw, and the women doesn't deserve a life sentence, plain and simple.

No emotions attach here, just the stupidity of the case. . .

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

reply to post by marg6043

So how do we protect other children from this woman and her sick desires?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join