It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Mohlala - SA Martyr murdered for exposing World Cup corruption!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
As the Fifa World Cup kick-off looms this Friday, and South Africans are generally excited by their achievements and the atmosphere is getting ecstatic, let us also remember the price we have paid and are going to pay. Let us remember Jimmy Mohlala, who was assassinated last year for exposing corrupt tenders around a stadium's construction. Carte Blanche (a local investigative television program) reminded us of this shocking fact this week. How can this happen, right in the face of the global community? How can a respected community leader be assassinated for exposing corruption? How can the media circus continue without questioning this? Jimmy Mohlala is a true African hero:

A councillor in the South African town of Nelspruit was assassinated this week. Jimmy Mohlala had blown the whistle on corruption in the construction contracts of FIFA's forthcoming World Cup 2010 tournaments, being held in South Africa.

www.digitaljournal.com...

For Carte Blanche's shocking piece:
beta.mnet.co.za...

Please also see:
www.transparencyinsport.org...

[edit on 8-6-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Because corruption is endemic throughout Africa.

And because most sporting governing bodies like FIFA, UEFA, IOC etc are self-serving, politicall correct, corrupt bodies.

Once The World Cup is over and done with, hopefully without any major incidents,,,but I'm fearful, then South Africa is going to go headlong into the abyss that is Zimbabwe and sub-Saharan Africa as a whole.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
There's a lot of this going on at the moment.

The anc really do love death and destruction.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

On the up side martyrs like Jimmy Mohlala give me hope. They're going to have to eliminate a lot of good people with guts before it gets like Zimbabwe.
More depressingly, Carte Blanche eventually deduced that World Cup corruption is so murky and obtuse that the thugs involved will get off scott free.
I hope this is not true, and while I hope people enjoy the Cup, I also hope the global community will NOT let this rest.

Even if Africa is not your priority, or you feel you can't comment much, at least give us a shout here that you have seen the footage and the world is at least aware!

Mmm, I see the USA is putting in a bid for a future FIFA Football World Cup ... may you never have a Jimmy Mohlala.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by halfoldman]

top topics

join