It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX's "Lie To Me" Airs UFO Episode

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Fox Aired an Episode last night titled "Beat The Devil". It investigated two incidences one of a possible serial killer and the other a possible UFO sighting by a respected member of a community.

While it was not a documentary, Lie To Me has been known to out people by showing physical expressions and telling if people are lying or not. It is a respected show for people seeking truth and I found it interesting for them to show this episode... and lean towards the fact that UFO's DO exist.

Catch up on the series by watching the shows online.

BUT DEFINITELY WATCH LAST NIGHTS EPISODE!

Lightman investigates one of his mentor's graduate students, which he is convinced that is a psychopath. Meanwhile, Loker and Torres investigate a UFO sighting.

Website to watch the show ONLINE

www.fox.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

This is the first seasons premiere video.

I am still trying to find excerpts from last nights video.

Edit to add

Video is also uploaded on Hulu for anyone who prefers hulu over FOX

Link - Lie To Me- BEAT THE DEVIL

[edit on 8-6-2010 by rjmelter]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I don't see what the big deal is. So they had a show with a UFO topic in it. Why do people get so worked up and excited when this happens? It happens all the time. Most shows always have some sort of UFO or paranormal episode during their run, it doesn't mean anything other than they are referencing POP-CULTURE.

There is no secret cabal of Hollywood writers and government agents dribbling the UFO topic here and there in order to "soften us up for disclosure". Trust me, this thread will get those coming in here and claiming that, they always do. I remember when the Energizer battery had a UFO commercial people wanted to tie that into their beliefs and desires rather than recognize it for what it was, and that is advertising using pop-culture content.

People need to understand capitalism and how it plays into broadcast televisions and advertising better.

But I do love that show, it's great entertainment!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I was never making any claim that this was disclosure, nor am I proclaiming anything else. I agree that this is just a tool to "soften us up" as you just stated... that's ALL that I was getting at, and I also agree that this is great entertainment. I'm sorry that you try to debunk the claims that I am not making and am sorry that you are so calloused by UFO believers proclaiming disclosure is coming soon and what not. That stinks for the burn effect that it leaves...

But for them to spend effort in softening us up is proof enough that there is life outside of our little blue planet. I believe that they really are softening us up to that fact. I hope people are accepting of that sooner than later.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Uh, I didn't say anything about me believing in the absurd notion that entertainment content like this is "softening us up" at all, I said just the opposite. Re-read my post.

So you really think that all this stuff is softening us up? Care to describe how you think this secret cabal of hollywood writers and government agents work this out and still keep it secret? Care to explain why they are taking so long to "soften us up"...as this stuff has been on tv, well....since there was TV. Since they haven't disclosed anything to us yet, despite MULTI-GENERATIONAL "softening up", when are they is you actually believe this?

I don't understand how people can imagine that this stuff is a part of any disclosure. It is called POP-CULTURE, seriously, that is it nothing more.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Oh, thought you had said "It IS NO SECRET", not "There is no secret"...

but, I work in movies for a part time as an extra. They have psychologists and directors and also government affiliates working in some projects to try to appeal to the public. More so though, they try to enter stuff into these movies, video episodes and commercials that alters the way we think about things.

Have you not heard of the Disney Culture? Did American culture shape Disney movies or did Disney movies shape American culture? Research predicts the latter.

It is softening people up to thinking about it. Have you ever worked on something very stressfull, and spent time thinking about it first? Well its easier to plan out possible scenarios first then being overwhelmingly surprised.

Here is an article someone wrote about their experiences with Disney movies and it affecting them... Disney Movies Affect YOU

If you talk to other people who grew up watching Disney you will find a pattern.

Here is another website about how TV affects the mind. While it may not be a government site, it can be backed up by more research of your own.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
great show! ima go watch that episode now.

it's no secret that psychology plays a big part in media programming, usually telling you what to consume. it is also there to tell people how to think. surely they don't call it programming for nothin'. even the headiest programming pushes some sort of 'moral of the story'.

it isn't what might be revealed that should be troubling anyone, but rather what isn't and never will be.

[edit on 8/6/2010 by gravykraken]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Ive been watching the show also. I just started looking at this new eposiode. I will finish it up hear later on today. Just in case any one needs it hear is the link for the show.

top topics

join