It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cassini loss at Saturn June 30- 1 July

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Prediction

I think when they try and park Cassini in Saturns orbit that it will be destroyed by debris when it fly's through the space between the rings as it enters orbit. I think it is bad idea to try and fly between the rings without knowing whats there...

I would think that if there are rings that you can see that it would be probable that there is something in between that may not be seen. Perhaps a lesser amounts of the materials making up the rings...

saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

Just my prediction.

[edit on 10-6-2004 by Xeven]

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Its a possibility, i mean look how many Mars probes have been lost over the years. I hope you are wrong tho id really like to have a good look at the info it sends back.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I'm with Janus....haven't they lost more missions to mars then were successful? Saturn would be a much higher risk.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
the craft is flying through the cassini divide (named after the man who discovered it, as is the craft)... what's there? nothing more than is in normal empty space. it's safe.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I guess Ill find out if I can see the future over the next few days

Cassini will pass through soon and either blow up or send back some really interesting pictures ..

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
this prediction was wrong lol i already looked at some today lol.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Yep and they are awesome pictures indeed. I've never been so glad to be wrong =).

X

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
My parkings beautiful, and boys and girls I`ve got a view you`d kill for

PS No sign of Planet X and I`ve the best view in the house

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
for what i think cassini did lost to another planet not on jupiter jupiter is empty filled with gas cassini may have crush on a satalite and nasa just keep it a secret
just my prediction.

top topics

join