It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli students plan own flotilla to meet next Gaza convoy at sea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Israeli students plan own flotilla to meet next Gaza convoy at sea

www.haaretz.com

Israel's National Student Union is planning a flotilla with hundreds of yachts from Israel to meet at sea any new humanitarian aid flotillas heading toward the Gaza Strip.

According to Boaz Toporovsky, the union's chairman, 400 yacht owners have expressed interest in the initiative, which is expected to start up in two weeks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Haha, hypocrisy. The pot calling the kettle black. Israel has nuclear weapons itself but tells Iran that it cannot have them. They tell Palestinians en other neighbors to obey UN resolutions, yet when it comes to a resolution against them, they call it biased and ignore it.
What do these idiots think? They are the last in line with a right to speak about hypocrisy,

Absurdity? Keeping millions of people imprisoned and restrict the import of any basic necessities, that's beyond absurdity. Not some initiative intended to break through an inhumane blockade that we have allowed to exist for way too long already.

The truth has prevailed already, no need for some brainwashed loonies to share their own little truth.

www.haaretz.com (visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/6/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I don't see a problem with this. Peaceful protests are always good and should be encouraged.

Hopefully there will be some frank discussion about the Armenians and the Palestinians and both nations will realise they're oppressing "minority" groups.

However I do not view support of Palestine as hypocrisy since it is the Israeli's that are the minority, and Turkey was given no mandate or set borders since the fall of the Ottoman Empire and subsequent administration of it's former colonies, after which they were allowed the right of self determination.

So technically although Armenians were subjected to Genocide and are being oppressed, the Turkish are still being compliant.

Oppressing minorities in your own country is a human rights violation.

Oppressing monitories in their country after the cessation of hostilities is a war crime.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
It shows that Israelis are endoctrinated well. that's scary.

I mean students are supposed to be naive anarchists always in favor of helping people, so wtf here ?

[edit on 8-6-2010 by ickylevel]

[edit on 8-6-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Hi Mdv2

Just goes to show how blind to their own atrocities they really are.

These Kids are fed propaganda since birth .this statement brings light to the mindset they have.

why the problems of Israel, in Gaza and Palestine, are disturbing them

WTF are they serious ? well yup it appears so
I'm not going to get into this fully, due to the fact that I have voiced my disgust in the Rouge state before over and over.

I will end on this though
Are these students that naive that they don't know about the suffering and total despair that is happening in Gaza ,and maybe this is disturbing from a humanitarian point of view

thanks

Ocker

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
lets call BP another oilspill would solve the problem.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I saw the title of this thread and just for a brief moment I thought to myself, wow finally someone in Israel is comming to their senses and wants to help the people of Pallestine... but then I read the article and pretty much mentally puked. A flotilla of Yachts full of people who want to rush out and start an arguement, or worse.

Ugh, a little known fact is that Israel is concept, not a place, and from what I've learned of the Talmud and it's nightmarish ethnocentricities, it's not very pleasant one.
Ah well the 'Megaphone' crowd will be here shortly to tell us all how terrible Hamas is and how wonderful these Yacht owners are. Sad really, rather than sailing out in thier nice western funded boats to pick a fight with international relief efforts, why not grab a bag of groceries and help carry them in you zealots?!?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Well, this was expected.I mean, students are usually smart people, and
it is clear that lifting the blockade will not help the common people in
Gaza but only their master, the terrorist organization Hamas.

It was about time that israelis will take a stand and not leaving this issue
only on IDF.

They are well aware that people in Gaza are suffering, but they are also
aware that lifting the blockade will make Hamas in short time on par
with Hezbollah.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Recollector
and it is clear that lifting the blockade will not help the common people in

Yes it might help their officials, and thereby allow them to help the people. Legitimising them as the democratically elected government they should be and giving them the tools necessary to start some kind of recovery.

Can't have that can we?

But let me ask who will help Zionism when the USA collapses under it's own debt and corruption? Will Israel be able to stand on it's own?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by belial259
So technically although Armenians were subjected to Genocide and are being oppressed, the Turkish are still being compliant.

There are quite a few Armenians in Lebanon but that didn't stop Israel shelling them. What the hell is your point anyway, that no-one is allowed to speak about their citizens being pirated and murdered so long as they haven't fully addressed the skeletons in their own closet.

Besides the fact the flotilla members aren't all from Turkey, what the hell does the Armenian thing have to do with an illegal blockade, piracy in international waters and the murder of humanitarian aid workers?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy

Ah well the 'Megaphone' crowd will be here shortly to tell us all how terrible Hamas is and how wonderful these Yacht owners are.

Originally posted by Recollector
Well, this was expected.I mean, students are usually smart people, and
it is clear that lifting the blockade will not help the common people in

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
Besides the fact the flotilla members aren't all from Turkey, what the hell does the Armenian thing have to do with an illegal blockade, piracy in international waters and the murder of humanitarian aid workers?

Well I'd say it misdirects the attention away from the Israeli's. Much like talking about communist China or calling everyone an anti semite. Or making large lists of every single other time in history there was ever a blockade.

Haven't you learned their tricks yet?

Let the fools go in their American taxpayer funded yachts and meet up with the other fools in their ships and try and have a conversation on the high seas. Hopefully they all drown.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

IMO, Hamas, or whoever will speak for them, should be armed, and armed to the teeth with everything from Air Defense systems to tanks and small arms by an international consortium of nations who are ever sickened by the way these people have been treated for forty years. Who else keeps Israelis from walking all over the Pallestinian People? How long before Israel realizes that the rest of the world doesn't understand the Talmudic Apartheid, and are frankly, sickened by it. You can compare it to Kurds, Native Americans, Sudanese, or the opressed du jour, but it doesn't make it right, and it sure don't feed children.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Ohhh big suprise...Israeli jews with yachts

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
reply to post by belial259

IMO, Hamas, or whoever will speak for them, should be armed, and armed to the teeth with everything from Air Defense systems to tanks and small arms by an international consortium of nations who are ever sickened by the way these people have been treated for forty years.

I don't like the sound of that. If we do that it would just create a situation similar to the one today. Many of these incidents were seeded during the cold war. PLO= KGB Israeli's = CIA.

Even now without realising it. Both sides? They're nothing but pawns. And they never have been. Just pieces on a grand chess board.

No, arming them in the first place was a mistake. Not disarming them when they stopped being useful and started becoming a burden was also a mistake.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
400 rich people in yachts going out to stop people from delivering medical supplies and food to people with no money.

Mindboggling.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Whats the bet they suicide gib some of their yachts into the aid convoy and try and make out it's warcrimes?

"Oh we positioned ourselves to block the terrorists, and they just ran right over my dads yacht"

[edit on 8-6-2010 by belial259]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
It is simply a matter of time when Israel does its own false flag attack and exploit brainwashed people's emotions in order to nuke Iran, Syria, finish the job in Gaza etc.... It is so easy, a fool-proof operation with some collateral damage.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

Don't want to give them any ideas here. But what if they let the convoy ships dock. And then use a small tactical nuke on them? It gets rid of the protesters, and they can claim the ships were carrying a "dirty bomb".

The further this situation escalates the more potential there is for a false flag. I think too much of the Israeli's cunning and manipulative genius to doubt their ability to pull something like this off.

War by deception is their mantra, and they do it proud.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Haha, hypocrisy. The pot calling the kettle black. Israel has nuclear weapons itself but tells Iran that it cannot have them.

i totally agree with you on this issue. iran needs to have nuclear weapons to ensure a "level playing field" and more importantly "MAD" mutually assured destruction...which would then bring "SANITY" and REAL negotiations...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join