It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How seriously does ATS take its T&C???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Serious question to all admin staff, because something has been happening thats puzzled a few of us recently

for example, if a poster is PROVEN to have lied repeatedly, is he/she still allowed to perpetuate these lies and keep posting here?

If a poster posts a thread and then REFUSES to discuss the actual subject matter, is that not trolling and is it welcome here?

If a poster accuses someone of MURDER on ATS without any evidence/proof/basis in reality, is that allowed and welcomed?

If a poster is rude to anyone that replies to his thread unless they are women, then tries to flirt with them, then is rude when they rebuff him, is that behavior acceptable here on ATS?

If a poster claims to be, say a vampire AND a reptillian without offering any sort of evidence and refuses to discuss it, is that acceptable here on ATS?

Are any of the above in line with the boards supposed motto of "deny ignorance"

Its got to a point where i had to be deliberately rude to get a mods attention. I got a points loss and warning which i accept 100%. I even ASKED for it just for action to be taken. SO this isnt about that. But when all of the above are done by ONE poster, why is no action taken? Why arent his threads in the hoax section and why isnt he banned? How exactly are the mod team "denying ignorance" by allowing this sort of behaviour on this board? And how does this behaviour fit in with the boards T&C??

This isnt a personal dig at the mod who took action, although i doubt they had read the whole thread. I deserved my point loss, my posts were unacceptable, but when all the above is allowed without any penalty to the offending poster and he/she is allowed to continue peddling their lies and BS on here, i would like to know how seriously the T&C are taken.

Regards

A very disgruntled Expatwhite

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by expatwhite

Or When on topic post gets kicked. but have to read three pages of off topic material to get to serious post.

What about getting censored for using a word like crap and seeing a ton of post with @$$, SHTF, and the famous wtf?

I have a thread right now as of 6-8-10 6:00est that is being ripped by derailers I've filed complaints. But nothing happens.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Loken68]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Agreed, and seeing what I call reasonable threads get deleted.

Give it a min, this thread is gone.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
It would seem different mods all have different interpretations on the T&C, most mods seem to use common sense when applying the rules, whereas some have been corrupted by the power of being a mod and are total hard asses

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
yes sirs i very much agree ( what are we talking about) , a couple of days ago i made a nice pamphlet about Mossad and it got deleted

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Please note, this isnt about individual posts or mods. This is about one poster who has done all the things i put in my OP without censure. He has lied, been extremely rude, REFUSES to discuss details of his claims and posts, accused someone of MURDER on ATS and fired into female posters until they reject him and he becomes obnoxious to them too. He has also claimed to be both reptillian AND a vampire. Without proof and wont discuss his claims in any detail.

Im just wondering if these are violations of the T&C and if so, why have they not been enforced

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
It's clear that the mod, at times and in my humble opinion, is just sitting around waiting for someone against his or her opinion to "slightly break the T&C" so they can just delete it.

Rather than editing the posts, which they can easily do, they will just delete the whole damn thing. So not only do users who just came into the thread have no idea what's going on, they can't even figure out what was said and can no longer contribute to the discussion. As the entire thread is completely fragmented and information extraction is impossible. You're left with virtually 3 people just talking to themselves and fighting. It's not uncommon that only one viewpoint is left over, as the other contributor's viewpoints are all 'redacted', if you will.

Sometimes it gets really bizarre, and it's quite obvious what is happening. A mod is abusing their power, maybe even unaware.. it would happen to the best of us in a heated discussion.. but still.

Or when a thread gets "threatened to lock" or "locked for 24 hours", yet no posts are removed, and no offensive language is remove unless it's obscene. What's that about? Why are some threads locked outright and some threads just fragmented with deletions?

Frankly, I haven't even seen a site go to the extremes that ATS goes to with 'moderation', but it's still the best site around. However, it's quite ironic, considering the subject matter at hand..

Nothing Else Follows.
**The rest of this post has been redacted for security purposes.***

[edit on 8-6-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Explanation: How seriously does ATS take its T&C???

Seriously enough to protect the websites ad revenue coming in!!!

Personal Disclosure:
The bigger/longer the thread the less chance it has of being kyboshed as it would annoy the masses of members who posted to it. I did the maths a while back and it would take all moderators ect. [60+ of them] each 12hrs a day [every day] and moderating 1 post every 5 mins to just cover what is alerted to them in a single 24hr period!

This website is TOO BIG to properly administer IMO!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Agreed, tough job,
but I have to say I have seen bias from this site....
No doubt in my mind at all.....
Mind you its only on certain subjects...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
If it affects advertising revenue, they care. If it doesn't, they don't.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by expatwhite

If a poster claims to be, say a vampire AND a reptillian without offering any sort of evidence and refuses to discuss it, is that acceptable here on ATS?

Are any of the above in line with the boards supposed motto of "deny ignorance

This.

The one thing I've never understood about ATS, all the 'I am an alien, I am a reptilian time traveler' threads directly contradict the sites motto and are a blatant example of trolling... why the hell are they allowed to go on for so long, if at all? They put a stain on the integrity of the site...

Successful trolls are successful, so no, ATS does not take its T&C seriously when it comes to systematic trolling, its quite 'in the open' for anyone to see.

eta: Other members have pointed it out and its true, I wonder if these threads would be allowed to operate if they only got 2 replies and then drowned? Its the fact that they go on for pages and pages, with the OP just trolling for the fun of it, that is irritating, but it brings in revenue.

This is not a stab at ATS, its just an observation.

[edit on 8/6/2010 by serbsta]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

oh yeah Im not calling any names but I got one glued to my rear....lol

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by expatwhite
Serious question to all admin staff, because something has been happening thats puzzled a few of us recently

for example, if a poster is PROVEN to have lied repeatedly, is he/she still allowed to perpetuate these lies and keep posting here?

If a poster posts a thread and then REFUSES to discuss the actual subject matter, is that not trolling and is it welcome here?

If a poster accuses someone of MURDER on ATS without any evidence/proof/basis in reality, is that allowed and welcomed?

If a poster is rude to anyone that replies to his thread unless they are women, then tries to flirt with them, then is rude when they rebuff him, is that behavior acceptable here on ATS?

Are any of the above in line with the boards supposed motto of "deny ignorance"

I agree with all of this. ATS is not supposed to be a personal diary or bulletin board for announcements is it?

You can't have a discussion or debate with someone who refuses to discuss their OWN TOPIC.

The inconsistancy applied in that thread puzzles me too.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Nail hit firmly on the head serbsta

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

While I somewhat agree to a point,I do disagree as well.
I looked at the thread you are mentioning and its in the gray area.
Just stay out of the gray area is my advice if you are getting this worked up.
That place is filled with threads like that but thats also why it is called the gray area.
I see them all the time and just choose to not allow myself to get sucked in by my negative intentions of lambasting the poster who created the thread.
Just walk away.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I know about the guy you are talking about and I completely agree. A female member even left the site because of him. He has a thread of wild claims, which are only backed up by his insults which he slings at people trying to get more info out of him. Whats even funnier is the MoDs deleted my post for being off topic. My post was a request to the Mods to do something about the thread. To delete my post they would have had to wade through pages of insults from this individual, which were aparently ignored.

I agree with the poster above who says these reptile/ "Im an alien" threads go against the site motto. It is because of these wild delusional threads that ATS is quickly becoming the most ignorant sites around. We need to get rid of such things before ATS becomes the padded cell of the internet.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

I just noticed you got a post ban for criticising a mod.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
We have a thread for such inquiries...

Here:

The ATS Issues Thread

Thread closed.

top topics

join