It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jews Are Gods "Chosen People" What Are The Rest Of Us?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
A thousand people tell you ..."you are worthless" do you believe?
A thousand people tell you...."you are Gods favourite child"do you believe?
Look inside you and I all are chosen.
Forget what men say, they seek power on this Earth.
Look inside , the real power is within everyone.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadow12
Well i was thinking about how in the bible it says that the israelites(jews) are gods chosen people what does that make the rest of us?

chopped liver, evidently.
:shk:

i believe in god and i love him but i just dont understand this.

there is one thing that you must remember and i think it will help your confusion
(and maybe others', too)

all these ideas that are causing SO MUCH trouble in the world, right now - such as (prime example):
" the entity self-titled Israel is entitled to much and must receive impunity for a lot more "
- are not what GOD created.

it is, indeed the creation of GOD's creation, but indirectly. it is man's creation that is the source of strife in these days right now.

it is man's ideas and limited perspective that have mistranslated and misquoted and falsely interpreted things such as the bible, torah, and q'uran, and others...

and so many of us don't have the time or interest or inclination to read these onerous holy tomes, and must therefore often take what is being said to them as equivalent to what was written down hundreds and thousands of years ago. AND THAT'S OKAY.

no one should have to read that stuff unless they want to!

it's okay that no one wants to read these books - some of us want to, and we do - and we are not the ones driving the false propaganda at the rest of you.

but we have all got free will. it's just standard for everyone including the miscreants.

i think, personally, that the bible is not necessarily the best book to read for getting close to GOD.

why read a book at all?

just remember: all this crap is not GOD's design but man's - not yours or mine but our brothers' - and if we have free will so must they, yet this is what they do with theirs.

just take the high road, my friend - higher ground like Stevie sings.
love and forgive and fear not.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Sorry i didn't really know were to put this thread.

Well i was thinking about how in the bible it says that the israelites(jews) are gods chosen people what does that make the rest of us?"

[edit on 8-6-2010 by shadow12]

The fat kid that gets picked last for team games by children who need to grow up and realize there's more to life than choosing sides?

edit for spelimg

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Sam Vimes]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I have stated this many of times and believe the jews were probably the chosen people of the Anunnaki. The real true creator of all could give a rats ass.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

no, Annunaki NOT happy with jews!
not at all.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
To answer the OP's question. My observations suggest that "the rest of us" are described as "anti-semites" by many Jews least.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by shadow12

The God of Israel is nothing but a cold hearted killer, who demands Israelites to kill and make sacrifices in his name. Why do you think Jesus was sacrificed. Jesus was telling the truth about the God of Israel.
Anyone who worships another God than the The Lord God of Israel shall be killed. This is very well described in the old testament.

Which God would create the 10 commandments and than demand people to kill and make sacrifices? Moses demanded a lot of killing on behalf of his God in the Old Testament. Jesus wanted us to stop with all the sacrifice nonsense. And he did so the night he was taken.

I also wonder what God really showed up when Cain and Able presented their sacrifice. Because Thee God never asked for any of it. But the God that was present, preferred the butchered lam! Doesn't that ring a bell. Why would Jesus want to stop something like that, if that's what Thee God has instructed us to do?

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
reply to post by dragnet53

no, Annunaki NOT happy with jews!
not at all.

well if you know one send them my way. I would love to meet one.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
We are garbage. That's all. Our sole purpose is to entertain the chosen people. If that God really existed, that is. If he does, and Jews really are his chosen people. Then, well... God (garbage) is a little bitch, and I don't mind ending up in hell. Because I would destroy a God like that any time I had the chance.

Obviously that God doesn't exist. A God doesn't choose some people over the other. We are all equal... But if he does... Get ready punk!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

To all the atheists here , answer methis : hpw could a big bang create the human being with all its amazing bodily functions that never tend to stop and amazes doctors to how it functions on a daily basis and how does a body die, and where do we end up when we die.

Second of all , there were no Jews in those days, they were Israelites. who lived in Israel or Palestine now and were good people until they got corrupted and then god sent prophets to help them get back on the right track but they killed most of them, he gave them gold and diamonds but still wouldn't go back.
then jesus ( ISSA ) came to the jews and told them to go back to worshiping but tried to kill him but couldnt because Issa was raised to the sky and crossified his youngest student who by a miracle looked like him.

And these jews arent real jews they are abkhzian people who will help the ANTICHRIST as they are the roth and bilderberg so watch out and REVOLUTION IN THE US

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by B4Truth

hpw could a big bang create the human being with all its amazing bodily functions that never tend to stop and amazes doctors to how it functions on a daily basis and how does a body die, and where do we end up when we die.

"Haha, you can't explain this...ergo god did it!" is a really really really laughable argument.

People used the same argument when they claimed plagues were caused by god, or meteorites a sign of god, or that humans just popped up on earth without evolution...amongst other nonsense. The "god did it" track record is really abismal

PS: The tides aren't caused by god either

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by shadow12

Cattle and Trolls.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
we got festivus

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Caveat Lector

OHH Good point. He didn't specify chosen for 'what'

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ..5..
reply to post by Caveat Lector

OHH Good point. He didn't specify chosen for 'what'

Oh boy, I thought it was clear. It does read like "special", "preferred", "VIP".

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Well according to Jews they were chosen already once for the gas chambers .... they didn't care much for that selection process, and besides it wasn't just them that were chosen that time round either.

So maybe they will be chosen along with a bunch of other people for something unpleasant next time.

Always be careful what you wish for.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Sorry i didn't really know were to put this thread.

Well i was thinking about how in the bible it says that the israelites(jews) are gods chosen people what does that make the rest of us? i believe in god and i love him but i just dont understand this.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by shadow12]

Well, there is a way to understand this. It's called "Let the bible solve the bible principle. Meaning when you run in to a verse that you don't understand the answer is buried somewhere else in the bible. So using this principle here is what the bible tells us about that.

To start with look at Genesis 48 and 49. These prophesies tell us what the eventual future of the offspring of Jacob/Israel would be. Per the prophesies they would eventually become nations. With Ephraim son of Joseph becoming a multitude of nations. Essentially by the time of Shiloh. Another term for end times.

Another part of the bible also answers the question. Romans 11. To get to the skinny of what Paul was trying to explain there is this. A Christian is grafted into the tree of life. What is this tree? It's the family tree of Israel. Essentially a Christian is an adopted Israelite/Jew with all the privileges and obligations of the position.

So to answer your original question. There are very few if any of "the rest of us" in the world. One way or the other you are all Israelites and Jews. And that goes for their offspring as well.
edit on 19-6-2011 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

What is this tree? It's the family tree of Israel.
No, Israel is the branches. The root is what is cultivated. I would think that it means that here is a situation where God puts a special interest in manipulating things in relationship to bringing about a certain outcome. Meanwhile, the other things are left to fend for themselves, the best way they can. Despite His best intentions, the branches thriving on that care still do not produce for God. So he finds the neglected branches that had not been cared for, and applies that same cultivation, and the results are a people who have faith.
I don't see that the point can be made conclusively that it means that there is this wonderful thing called Israel, and only bits of it are removed to make room for others into this tribe. I would say Israel itself, is what Paul meant was removed. Those branches that represent Israel in this analogy are all gone, and new ones replace it. Then he says that the removed branches could be put back on, if the new ones turn out to be no better.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

One little problem with your post. You're thinking in terms of replacement theology. The Jews and Israelites were never to be replaced. Rather they are being added to. Replacement theology would violate the last 6 verses of Leviticus 26 as listed here.

41 And that I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity:
42 Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land.
43 The land also shall be left of them, and shall enjoy her sabbaths, while she lieth desolate without them: and they shall accept of the punishment of their iniquity: because, even because they despised my judgments, and because their soul abhorred my statutes.
44 And yet for all that, when they be in the land of their enemies, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break my covenant with them: for I am the LORD their God.
45 But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the heathen, that I might be their God: I am the LORD.
46 These are the statutes and judgments and laws, which the LORD made between him and the children of Israel in mount Sinai by the hand of Moses.

After looking at the matter it would appear the Jews and Israelites managed to trigger a top level Leviticus 26 curse that appears to still be running. But if you look at the book of Hosea it was promised to them that eventually the curse would end and the genetic descendants of Israel would someday be restored to their lands and their place as God's favorites. It's just that they will be taking the rest of mankind with them.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

. . .if you look at the book of Hosea it was promised to them that eventually the curse would end and the genetic descendants. . .
Everything is conditional, just like the verses I was commentating on earlier, Paul warns to watch out to assure your election. Seven weeks are determined on your people, says Daniel. Their time ran out when they rejected their salvation.
Replacement is not a theory, it is the basis of Christianity. If you want to be sub-christian, that's your choice, and you can have sub-salvation, which is no salvation.
Anyway, it does not say what you say it does. You can interpret it that way if it suites you. It does not say just some of the branches were removed.

Edit to add: oops, I meant seventy. Here's the verse,
“Seventy weeks have been determined concerning your people and your holy city to put an end to rebellion, to bring sin to completion, to atone for iniquity, to bring in perpetual righteousness, to seal up the prophetic vision, and to anoint a most holy place.

I believe that what was meant was that here was a certain time allowed for the Jews to try again, and this time, to get it right. They didn't, witness the fact that they ended up crucifying their Messiah. This was their opportunity to rectify all their earlier mistake, and that has passed, and so, God chose another people, who were all the people, like the parable of Jesus, the rich man wanted to throw a party and the people he invited declined, so he had his servants go out and find ordinary people to come to his party. We are the ordinary people in this parable.
edit on 20-6-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join