It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jews Are Gods "Chosen People" What Are The Rest Of Us?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Sorry i didn't really know were to put this thread.

Well i was thinking about how in the bible it says that the israelites(jews) are gods chosen people what does that make the rest of us? i believe in god and i love him but i just dont understand this.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by shadow12]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
we're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world

But really, the whole "Jews are God's people" is an Old Testament concept. Jesus Christ came along and said that EVERYONE is equal in God's eyes and can enter into Heaven, which pissed the Jewish folks something awful and led to His crucifiction.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I'm a proud Gentile. I love GOD and GOD loves me. Does this mean I'm lower than a Jew?

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Theone2000]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
We can die and live without fear from god ^^.

Religious fanatics who only want to allow themselves into paradise, are probably those who are wrong.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I'm glad that I'm not one of god's chosen people. It seems the God chosen ones have faced nothing but persecution throughout the years.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
we are food or slaves...

dont forget we are being farmed by our creators

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I'm glad you asked.

To the Christians dispersed among the nations Peter writes: "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy" (1 Peter 2:9,10).

What a privilege it is to be God's chosen people. "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, and the people whom He has chosen as His own inheritance" (Psalm 33:12). On the last day, only God's elect will be saved: "And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other" (Matthew 24:31 // Mark 13:27).

The concept of God's chosen people is first found in the Old Testament. God chose Israel as His special people. "And because He loved your fathers, therefore He chose their descendants after them; and He brought you out of Egypt with His Presence, with His mighty power" (Deuteronomy 4:37). "For you are a holy people to the Lord your God; the Lord your God has chosen you to be a people for Himself, a special treasure above all the peoples on the face of the earth" (Deuteronomy 7:6 // Deuteronomy 14:2).

"But you, Israel, are My servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, The descendants of Abraham My friend. You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, And called from its farthest regions, And said to you, 'You are My servant, I have chosen you and have not cast you away; Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand'" (Isaiah 41:8-11).

Who are God's chosen people now? Jesus warned: "Many are called, but few are chosen" (Matthew 22:14 // Matthew 20:16).

Now that the promised Messiah has come, God's chosen people are they who accept Him as Lord and Savior: "For Moses truly said to the fathers, 'The Lord your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your brethren. Him you shall hear in all things, whatever He says to you. And it shall come to pass that every soul who will not hear that Prophet shall be utterly destroyed from among the people'" (Acts 3:22,23). "Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace. And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work. What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were hardened" (Romans 11:5-7).

The election is no longer based on physical lineage, but on one's relationship with the Messiah: "He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful" (Revelation 17:14).

The election of physical Israel was but a sign of a higher spiritual election on the basis, not of the lineage of Abraham, but of the faith of Abraham. This was God's plan even before the creation of the world. "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He has made us accepted in the Beloved" (Ephesians 1:3-6).

As Peter says in the salutation of his first letter, this election in Christ is based on the foreknowledge of God: "Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To the pilgrims of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace to you and peace be multiplied" (1 Peter 1:1,2).

Paul explains this more fully in his letter to the Romans. "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? Who shall bring a charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us" (Romans 8:28-34).

"Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do" (Colossians 3:12,13).

This election before the foundation of the world was in Christ, which means that we are part of God's chosen people only if we are in Christ and remain in Him. Peter tells us how we can make our calling and election sure: "Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your calling and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 1:2-11).

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I'll tell you what we are : we are the goyims for them ( goy = nation, people usually of non-Hebrew people, or of descendants of Abraham of Israel, or of a swarm of locusts or other animals ) ....

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
The Creator of the universe is not mentioned in any mythological text. Therefore, no specific religion is chosen. Why would the Creator create billions of lifeforms and choose the occupants of a small crappy piece of land on this crappy rock?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
The Creator of the universe is not mentioned in any mythological text. Therefore, no specific religion is chosen. Why would the Creator create billions of lifeforms and choose the occupants of a small crappy piece of land on this crappy rock?
I am the Chosen gentile! Fear my wrath! But for real. GOD cares about this little rock. But does not have a chosen race. GODS love is for all. In this life and the next.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Theone2000]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadow12

Well i was thinking about how in the bible it says that the israelites(jews) are gods chosen people what does that make the rest of us? i believe in god and i love him but i just dont understand this.

Uhmm... using the bible as the source..

We are ALL gods chosen people... but we still have to chose ourselves... even better... the jews and israelites have lost quite a few credits for killing gods son... because of that the bible doesn't see them as anything more special then the rest of humanity...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85

Originally posted by shadow12

Uhmm... using the bible as the source..

We are ALL gods chosen people... but we still have to chose ourselves... even better... the jews and israelites have lost quite a few credits for killing gods son... because of that the bible doesn't see them as anything more special then the rest of humanity...

Yea..I would say they kinda messed up.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

Why would you be glad he asked after you just started this thread??

Again, please tell us what happens to the rest of us..

"Israel" God's Chosen People in Prophecy. Lest we forget
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
The rather disquieting answer to your question OP, lies in the Talmud, not in the bible.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
He never said chosen for heaven or alike...

could be ...hell for all we know?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

I didn't start this thread. But I added my opinion in the spirit of the question asked by the author.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Maybe Jews are the God's control group and I'm in the variable group.

And that's ok with me.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
OK it's like this.

The Jews wrote the bible.

The Jews claimed that they were God's chosen people and the rest of the world was second class....or less for that matter.

The Jews had a lucky strike and ended up pretty wealthy.

Now, it's no different from me writing a book that says the English are God's chosen people.

Then, if I was exceptionally powerful, I would have the power and control to make other people accept or even half accept what I say.

Simples!

NO ONE IS GOD'S Chosen people and NO ONE is second class.

There just happen to be a bunch of, how can I put it, people who think too much of themselves who choose to believe this and bunch of dumb people who choose to believe this also.

No Mystery just lots of daft people about who are easily manipulated.

But, that's just my opinion and I wouldn't force that on anyone.....unlike others!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Ah, Twitchy!

The Talmud! A book 'the rest of the world' had better not read or they may get very cross and perhaps start seeing a bit more of the big picture!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by shadow12

Remember that the old testament is the historical accumulation of the Israeli people from their beginnings and that their gods that then became one god and was adopted by the emerging Christianity was the one to chose them as the chosen one.

So what do you expect to say, that Chinese are the chosen people?

Just remember that men wrote the bible.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join