It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Israel" God's Chosen People in Prophecy. Lest we forget

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

So your saying a guy 3000 years ago could write what will happen tommorrow and include the facts that are undeniable and undesputable but its still just them writing there own history. Why didn't the prophets include the stuff like the holocaust? Simple answer God didn't show them.

Actually I can understand people not believing Biblical history. It sort of goes along with people now days not believing the principles this country was founded upon.

If this country survives another 200 years people will probably doubt George Washington was a real person. Thomas Jefferson will probably not be given credit for penning our most valued documents. After all their personal beliefs already are comming under attack.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrddin Wyllt
Religious nutters spouting religious rhetoric here ..... nothing new here...move along people.... move along!

Best reply i have seen so far

to many religous nutters escaping asylum

Originally posted by Loken68
reply to post by wylekat

So your saying a guy 3000 years ago could write what will happen tommorrow and include the facts that are undeniable and undesputable but its still just them writing there own history. Why didn't the prophets include the stuff like the holocaust? Simple answer God didn't show them.

i could write down a story or a list of tasks and if people were stupid enough to follow it, does that mean i am GOD aswell?

[edit on 9-6-2010 by illusive man]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

If what you say happens to the tee in 2000 years maybe.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

Sorry, sorry, that's just great...

Back to your regularly-scheduled Bible justifications

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
The NWO and their Israeli thugs have had things pretty good for quite a long time, but people are waking up to their ways, and soon their trickery and manipulation will be so widely exposed that they will have nowhere to hide.

Yes it's looking that way and one of the places that realy needs to get it's house in order is america where far to many zionists have control over the people.

We need to ensure the jewish people in iserail are protected and should send in NATO or the UN to police the borders and allow modorate muslim state to play a role in the peace process for once.

Just how many films are they making just now about WWII that is not based around the plight of the jews and it's about time Russia gave some films english subtitles to remind people about who realy payed the price during WWII and who realy won the war instead of all this fake history people are being feed from hollywood.

Currently we have far too many TV channels controled by the zionist empire and it will be nice to see a few of them disapear overnight.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Zantee

If you are not a Jew, you are a Gentile. Since Christ rose from the dead you can be
1. a saved Gentile or completed/Messianic Jew
2. a lost Gentile or Jew.

Edit to clarify myself

[edit on 11-6-2010 by shapeshiftress]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

reply to post by illusive man

If what you say happens to the tee in 2000 years maybe.

ofcourse
just bring up some plays from artists hundreds of years ago
its also Biblical

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
this is one of the paradoxes i just dont get with christians,

they abid to a god who dont even put them on the top pf the food chain but instead favours a different religions followers who repetedly broke the rules of the god that favours them yet he grants them all sorts of perks while the followers of the the christian god linger in some sort of limbo between do´s and donts like god cares in the first place what they do.

and when christians realize that their god is not in favour of them they switch track and say its jesus they follow or some other saint or holy spirit..

must be the larges group of denier in the history of religions on this earth ,

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by shapeshiftress
reply to post by Zantee

If you are not a Jew, you are a Gentile. Since Christ rose from the dead you can be
1. a saved Gentile or completed/Messianic Jew
2. a lost Gentile or Jew.

Edit to clarify myself

[edit on 11-6-2010 by shapeshiftress]

Thanks for the clarification Shapeshiftress ;-)

Although my post was meant a little sarcastic
and wanted to know what the OP thinks the rest of us are

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

Perhaps you have been speaking with a confused Christian. Israel is God's choosen people. He gave them many promises, both blessing for obedience and curses for disobedience. Check out the Deuteronomy 28. God gave the Jews an awesome responsibility.
God wanted his people to tell the whole world about Him, but they didn't. They started thinking that just following rules made God happy. He really wanted them to love and serve Him. Instead, they strayed into idolotry and became a rather clanish, cliquish group. When He came to them, they didn't recognize him. He didn't fit their idea of God.
He then turned to the Gentiles as you can read in Hosea 2:23b "I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God."
So, the Jews are still God's chosen, but now the Gentiles are doing the work of evangelizing the world. Still God really wants the Jews back. Paul writes that the Jews were broken off, the Gentiles added as a wild branch, but Jews who accept Christ still have an advantage over the Gentiles.
Romans 11:17 "And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee. "
Instead of coping a lenghty passage, you can read it yourself. www.biblegateway.com...
If that's not clear, let me know and I will explain further.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by shapeshiftress

must be my grammar but you just repeated what i said.

but an other thing what confuses me is that did "will be what becomes" mean the actual place of where israel was/is located or the place where the israelites went ?

i mean if "will be what becomes" dont realy like churches/holy places or holy iconography or anything else that may make people judge one and other
didnt that "entity" then just mean that you should carry "will be what becomes" inside you , guess the whole point about the "being a chosen one" was that you your self could only know if you where at peace with "god" meaning living to your full potential without harming thy neighbour...

besides isnt that evangelical part of christian "preaching/promoting" something that was invented in the later parts of the last millenia

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GobbledokTChipeater
It seems a lot more likely to me that people are making events happen which appear to be fulfilling prophecies from the bible, rather than the bible predicted events before they happened.

The bible also says "thou shalt not kill".

yup, true prophecies are like the hopi prophecies. They are 100% correct and no one is making those events happen.These prophecies are happening on their own as foretold 10,000 years ago. Jews with the blockade are trying to get the world to come after them to fulfill these prophecies.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

Two things...

The role of prophecy ended with the Messiah.

"The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached..." Luke 16:16

2. All prophecy is conditional.

Unfulfilled Old Testament prophecies don't need to be fulfilled.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

Sorry, I did misunderstand your post.
Where did the phrase "will be what becomes" come from. Maybe you are in a different version of the Bible than I am.
I don't think I am second class. Jews are the wife of Jehovah. I am part of the Bride of Christ. I am of a different flock, not an inferior flock.
John 10:16
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
I and every believer are the place were God resides:
1 Corinthians 6:19
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
Again, please "will be what becomes" clarify and I will try to answer you.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

I totally disagree that any part of the Bible hadn't been or won't be fufilled.
Psalm 12:6-7
The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
And if the OT isn't good enough for you:
2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
The book of Revelation is the end of prophecy. We don't need any thing more today. The Bible is complete.
What prophecy of the OT do you think was unnecessay?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by shapeshiftress
reply to post by troubleshooter

I totally disagree that any part of the Bible hadn't been or won't be fufilled.

That is your privilege...
...but all prophecy was in the service of Messiah...
...Israel too was in the service of Messiah.

Israel existed as a 'genetic conduit' to Messiah...
...to preserve the 'seed of men' until the Messiah could be revealed.

Psalm 12:6-7
The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
And if the OT isn't good enough for you:
2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Jesus said "You search the scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness to me;" John 5:39

Israel, the prophets and scripture are a means of getting to Messiah...
...they were all about Him...
...so that we should believe and receive the Spirit as the 'down-payment' of the Kingdom of God and New Earth.

Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession..." Ephesians 1:13-14

The book of Revelation is the end of prophecy.

The Revelation is "The revelation of Jesus Christ..." Rev 1:1...
...and it is a collection of approximately 800 references from the Old Testament scriptures...
...that collectively say that Jesus is Lord and that He has overcome all human polity...
...and His Kingdom has, is and will triumph over all human systems.

We don't need any thing more today.

I agree...

The Bible is complete.

The biblical manuscripts contain enough info to awaken faith in the Gospel...
...so that they can receive the Spirit.

What prophecy of the OT do you think was unnecessay?

All served the purpose of focusing Israel in order to get to Messiah...
...but not all were fulfilled as not all conditions were met...
...but God in His Messiah was faithful.

[edit on 14/6/10 by troubleshooter]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I agree with some of your reply.
OT men were not saved by keeping the law. They were saved by faith just as we are today. They just believed that God would sent the Messiah to redeem them.

Israel existed as a 'genetic conduit' to Messiah...
...to preserve the 'seed of men' until the Messiah could be revealed.

That's a little cold. Abraham was a friend of God and David a man after God's own heart. God calls Israel the apple of His eye.

Israel, the prophets and scripture are a means of getting to Messiah...
...they were all about Him...
...so that we should believe and receive the Spirit as the 'down-payment' of the Kingdom of God and New Earth.

That still seems a little cold. God calls them His (unfaithful) wife.
I agree the OT was all about Jesus.
Jehovah came to Earth as Emmanuel - Jesus.

The Revelation is "The revelation of Jesus Christ..." Rev 1:1...

I agree it is the revelation of Jesus Christ. Still some of it is future, as it was in the book of Daniel.

The biblical manuscripts contain enough info to awaken faith in the Gospel...
...so that they can receive the Spirit.

I don't think they "contain" something. They are something!
Psalm 138:2
I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.
John 6:63
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

All served the purpose of focusing Israel in order to get to Messiah...
...but not all were fulfilled as not all conditions were met...
...but God in His Messiah was faithful.

If conditional promises weren't fufilled then the promises were forfitted. If the Bible prophecies something, it will happen.

I agree that we are saved by grace and recieve the earnest of the Spirit.
We also will recieve a crown if we are looking for his return.
2 Timothy 4:8
Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
There is no God and the books you mention are mythological books like İliada and Odyssey. Now don't waste your time and enjoy and join to human spirit that is discovering the mysteries of universe.
The god you are believeng brings only sorrow and pain to the world.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by deccal]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by deccal

oh sure and the angel bright like lightning I saw eye to eye as a kid was'nt real nor the audible voice that said-"my name, I am Jesus I died for your sins believe in me and you will never perish" either eh?

I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.-John5.25

the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."-Rev19.10

Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son.-1John2.22

he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit-1Cor6.17

the head of every man is Christ-1Cor11.3

for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. 3His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow.-Matt28.2

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus
reply to post by deccal

oh sure and the angel bright like lightning I saw eye to eye as a kid was'nt real nor the audible voice that said-"my name, I am Jesus I died for your sins believe in me and you will never perish" either eh?

Ah yeah sorry, I forgot that this part is true...
Or maybe it was a voice of a very confused mind of yours that speaking to yourself.
Anyway, people who are giving examples from "holy books" and justify war and blood on this world are the real sinners for me. Go find yourself a more peacful god. You gave enough pain to the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join